Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 07:08 PM

224 posts, read 777,397 times

Advertisements

We've decided to go ahead and rent a house down in Texas and have myself and the kids move down there so our son can start kindergarten there. We are going to leave our house on the market, hoping it will sell quicker when it's empty. I'm very nervous about leaving the house and moving so far from it, but I have to get my family back together. It's going to be a huge strain financially, but even if we stay here my husband will still have to pay rent on his apartment. Looks like we'll be moving either the 2nd or 3rd week in August. I'm going to have a couple of my good friends keep an eye on the house for us, as well as the realtor we've listed with. Please pray that we're making the right decision and that our house sells. I'm very scared of what will happen if it doesn't sell in the next few months.

I've been thinking about all of you a lot, I'm afraid to list everyone because I know I will leave someone out, but I am praying each and every day for all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 07:38 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
as we are praying for you dear taylor. Remember the song, where he leads me I will follow. Just put it into the Lord's hands and He will guide you. blessings to you and your family

Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Taylor, IMO you have made a wise choice. I think God has answered your prayers and has shown you that keeping the family together is the number one priority..Sometimes our prayers are answered and we just don't realize it " And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive" Matt 21:22

Old 07-26-2007, 10:50 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Please know that I am keeping all in prayer, just been really busy and have not had time to post a prayer to the list. But, I do keep you all in prayer, will not name you all simply because I will leave someone out.

There are a few that we have not heard from lately, and I am worried about them.

ILNC, I do hope you got to bring your DH home today and that all test results were favorable. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 PM

8 posts, read 36,668 times
Man, this is beautiful.
Will you pray for me, too?
I have had an eating disorder, and God has showed me for a long time that He will give me the stregnth to get past it, but my human weaknesses come into play all too often. In the 'One day at a time' concept, I'm one day in. Hard to believe that's a victory, but it is for me. I need to press on in His stregnth, and your prayers would mean the world to me. When I fall I hate myself, and the enemy uses that to make me feel very ugly inside, although I know myself through God's eyes, it's an everyday battle.

The second part of that is that we recently relocated and I need to find work. I have been taking low-paying jobs that I feel discouraged by, and am hoping to get the perfect job for me. I have stayed home with my children, and worked aside my husband at our business, which isn't exactly worthy, in the eyes of the world, but I wouldn't trade those years for anything. I guess I just struggle with patience, which leads me back to the jobs that I know I can get instead of waiting for the best opportunity, which, when you need the money, you can't keep waiting.
Thanks so much. I'm believing in getting an answer in both these issues, not that they're aren't many other unspokens...

Old 07-27-2007, 01:04 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new grama View Post
Man, this is beautiful.
Will you pray for me, too?
I have had an eating disorder, and God has showed me for a long time that He will give me the stregnth to get past it, but my human weaknesses come into play all too often. In the 'One day at a time' concept, I'm one day in. Hard to believe that's a victory, but it is for me. I need to press on in His stregnth, and your prayers would mean the world to me. When I fall I hate myself, and the enemy uses that to make me feel very ugly inside, although I know myself through God's eyes, it's an everyday battle.

The second part of that is that we recently relocated and I need to find work. I have been taking low-paying jobs that I feel discouraged by, and am hoping to get the perfect job for me. I have stayed home with my children, and worked aside my husband at our business, which isn't exactly worthy, in the eyes of the world, but I wouldn't trade those years for anything. I guess I just struggle with patience, which leads me back to the jobs that I know I can get instead of waiting for the best opportunity, which, when you need the money, you can't keep waiting.
Thanks so much. I'm believing in getting an answer in both these issues, not that they're aren't many other unspokens...
Please know that you will be in my prayers. An eating disorder is very hard to overcome, but you know you can do it through Him . With all of the stress of moving and jobs, that has to make it that much harder. There is nothing to great for our God...I will remember you in my prayers! You take care and keep your head up

Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
We are currently working on having our 4 1/2 year old son accepted to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He has low white blood cell counts, I believe the T cells. This problem makes him more susecptible to childhood cancers and other things. He also has chronic asthma and is on a nebulizer three to four times a day. In addition his nasal passages are possibly smaller than they should be. There is just a lot going on with my little guy and he's had to deal with this since he was born.

Please pray that Mayo accepts us and we can travel down there and get the answers to our questions and his medical needs. Fortunately Mayo is only a 2-hour drive at the most from us.

Blessings!!

Old 07-27-2007, 10:58 AM

224 posts, read 777,397 times
I'm praying for your son and praying that Mayo accepts you. My cousin had treatment there when she was younger and they were absolutely wonderful to her. I hope all your questions are answered soon.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:04 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,696 times
Father, God,

It has been such a long week and we have each had our different struggles. I praise you Father for always being there with open arms. I ask you Father to help me, as a mother, always be there with open arms. I thank you also for bringing Mr. ILNC home without complication. I know Father that they will use this situation to Your glory. Father, I lift up each of the CD Forum family to you. I ask for healing, for buyers for their homes, for jobs, for guidance, for love. Father, God, you know my personal struggles, you know my needs, you know my heart. I lay them all at your feet and I ask that you give me guidance. I lift up each of my children to you, Father. I know that they have been given to me for only a short while and I pray Father that I am worthy of the gift of motherhood. Help me Father to raise them up in the light of your love.
I ask these things in your precious Son's name, Amen.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:15 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
In lieu of a prayer I'd like to give a praise out to God! My wife called me this evening and in the course of our conversation she told me that while in a parking lot by herself some guy came running up behind her. By God's grace she saw his reflection in the sideview mirror and spun around to face her potential would-be attacker and possible car-jacker. By God's grace she had the strength to deal with this situation and was protected by God's angels. Thank you Lord for your protective hand in all situations and helping my wife to stand strong in the face of danger. You truly are the God of all gods! You are the Holy one of Israel and the King of kings!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality