Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2007, 05:24 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom;1567359

[U
From Lynette:[/u]I received emails from both of the Impossibly Tall Rowing Couple from my Boston small group. Little Andrew - their nephew - is still in very serious shape. I don't think that even begins to describe his condition. So I'm asking two things: 1) pray for Andrew and his parents, Mari & Eric and 2) if you know anyone in the Boston area, please pass on the suggestion of donating platelets.
June holds the little one in her heart, knowing that he is not so very far away from where she sits right now...

Children's Hospital is one of the best in the country; he is in the best of care if he is there.

Please know I carry him in my heart.

With all my thoughts of gentle care,
-June
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 06:45 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
Pray for me please. My first graduate level class is tomorrow night and I have to finish reading one chapter tonight and then write a 5-6 page paper tonight at the graduate level. Each paper is 15% of my grade and there are no tests. For once in my higher education career I haven't been purposely putting off a paper...but there is a LOT of reading to do in preparation! So we're getting the kids to bed and hopefully I will not fall asleep as I write my paper on systematic theology and worldviews. I will have time to proof it tomorrow during my lunch break at work...and then class is immediately after work.

This may seem trivial considering all the serious requests on this thread with the little ones, cancer and everything else, but at this moment I'm tense and nervous as this is the beginning of my graduate courses for the next two years!

Old 09-24-2007, 06:53 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
I guess I was a little too late posting the prayer request and even later in getting the newest update...Lynn passed away about 1pm today.

Please keep her family and friends in your prayers. It's sad, apparently her parents didn't make it in time.

Quote:
Thank you for your prayers for Lynn’s family, friends, and our staff. She died of heart failure at about 1:00 today. Her other organs had been successively shutting down since Sunday. Her parents apparently arrived just after they had unsuccessfully tried resuscitating her. Most of the staff and those from her church/close friends had been by to see her Sunday when she was still responsive, or this morning when she wasn’t, but was still opening her eyes and trying to adjust equipment that was bothering her.

Lynn did not complain of suffering throughout this cancer—she would mention that it was frustrating to her that her legs and arms were too weak to support what she wanted to do at times. She was at work a week and a half ago celebrating her 48th birthday (with a Christmas theme, of course) and cheerfully answering phones.

There will be a memorial service for Lynn Thursday at 10:00am at Barstow Baptist Temple. Thank you, again, for remembering us in your prayers—Mark & Donna

Old 09-24-2007, 07:04 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
So sorry Kaw. I pray that one day this terrible disease will be gone..I will go pray for the comfort of her family.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:38 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Hoosier, I pray that you will do well with your reports. As well as manage to get some sleep!

Kawg, how sad for Lynn. She is an angel now, meeting our wonderful Savior. blessings for her family.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Hoosier, I pray that you will do well with your reports. As well as manage to get some sleep!

Kawg, how sad for Lynn. She is an angel now, meeting our wonderful Savior. blessings for her family.
same for me, Hoosier. My condolences to you, kawg. Will pray for her family.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,161 times
Me again with yet another prayer request.

Could you all send up prayers for my friend Sherrie's father. He has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is going through chemo and radiation treatment. Please pray that their financial trouble paying for all the medications and such is eased as well as a healing for her father. This is a really nice family that deserves some peace from their struggles.

Thanks!

Old 09-25-2007, 10:58 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Me again with yet another prayer request.

Could you all send up prayers for my friend Sherrie's father. He has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is going through chemo and radiation treatment. Please pray that their financial trouble paying for all the medications and such is eased as well as a healing for her father. This is a really nice family that deserves some peace from their struggles.

Thanks!
I know firsthand the devestation that lung cancer can have on the person diagnosed as well as on the family. I experienced it twice, my father and my grandfather.

Rest assured, I will keep this family in my prayers. The roller coaster ride they just got on will drain them of all energy one day and give them a slim hope the next.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:37 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
I wanted to give you all an update on my father-in-law's diagnosis with prostate cancer. My wife just heard from him via email and talked to him on the phone. He does have cancer. On a scale of 1-5 he is at a 3. He's discussing options with the doctors. My FIL is a very strong believer and a man of God that I am honored to call my dad. He lives in western Montana so it's not easy to get back to visit. Please keep him, his wife and our family in your prayers as it comes to mind. I know without a doubt that if he does pass away he will most definitely be in heaven...and for that I can rejoice. But I want him around here for a long time!! Call me selfish.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:42 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I wanted to give you all an update on my father-in-law's diagnosis with prostate cancer. My wife just heard from him via email and talked to him on the phone. He does have cancer. On a scale of 1-5 he is at a 3. He's discussing options with the doctors. My FIL is a very strong believer and a man of God that I am honored to call my dad. He lives in western Montana so it's not easy to get back to visit. Please keep him, his wife and our family in your prayers as it comes to mind. I know without a doubt that if he does pass away he will most definitely be in heaven...and for that I can rejoice. But I want him around here for a long time!! Call me selfish.
Will pray, Hoosier. Also for your friend's father, irish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality