Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2022, 04:19 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
He is probably getting tired of watching the police chief keep putting his foot in his mouth.

I have more faith in what the prosecutor says, then any of the BS coming from the police chief.
Meh.
This is the first murder case since 2015 in Moscow.
The lines of authority are there, but so seldom used Moscow probably has no designated official who can make announcements to the public. So the first to the microphone becomes that person.

It's the kind of case that could make a big career for either an ambitious prosecutor or an ambitious cop. That could be the cause of the mix-ups, as neither the police nor the prosecutor's office is 100% committed and involved in this case. Both still have their everyday obligations to fulfill to the city.

In a town that only has 25,000 residents that has always been so peaceful, I find it highly doubtful that either city agency has much expertise in making announcements that are now flying all over the world.

Please notice I used one of your favorite words: "Probably".

My probabilities differ from yours; you may think you know more about the killer than the cops, but I doubt that. Both their lawyers and their cops have some substantial assistance now from the State and from the FBI.
Our cops do have sophisticated minds here, even in our tiny towns, and the Moscow police have plenty of extra assistance in that regard, even if the have no experience with the need of one spokesperson or who is the person who is supposed to do that job.

For all I know, the FBI's professional profilers could be directing the announcements, just to create more certainty in the killer's mind they escaped detection.

While I'm a big fan of true crime stuff, I'm not an expert. Far, far, from it.
So, in my mind, it's just as possible right now that the killer could be a female as a male, or that the killer really doesn't want to hang around and watch it all up close, or that the murders were planned beforehand, or why they were committed at all.

But as a fan, I know there are no perfect murders. The cops have evidence of some kind, and some of it will be kept until the trial before it's disclosed.

And as a fan, I know that most unsolved murders are those that happen without any planning beforehand, or with no intent until it blows up. The killers who flee and make a clean getaway are never very concerned with what they left behind as evidence, and they are the least predictable of all.

I do know this: Idaho does not have a lot of people who live here. We only have 1.5 million people inhabiting a large (11th largest) state.

Idaho never has had a lot of folks.
Any murder here is a more major loss of life than it is in any state with a higher population than ours.
Especially in our many small communities. Any death gets more notice and attention than in the larger states.

That makes murder anywhere here a very serious and unusual occurrence. One that sets into our memories like an elephant's.

When someone is murdered here, we never forget, and we will never stop looking for the killer, especially with murders and notorious and infamous as these.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 06:51 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu Kono View Post
Why has no reward been offered for information leading to an arrest an conviction?
Regarding a highly publicized monetary reward, my speculation based on several observations:
The town ''officers'' and University don't want the 'bad' publicity.

Law Enforcement said they had calls of people 'ripping down' wanted posters.

I would think it's in the best interest of the town to catch and persecute the perp.

But it appears they are minimizing press releases.....Mabey they think this will fade away and people move on .....But I think the interest is growing, not waning.

Old 12-04-2022, 07:02 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Regarding a highly publicized monetary reward, my speculation based on several observations:
The town ''officers'' and University don't want the 'bad' publicity.

Law Enforcement said they had calls of people 'ripping down' wanted posters.

I would think it's in the best interest of the town to catch and persecute the perp.

But it appears they are minimizing press releases.....Mabey they think this will fade away and people move on .....But I think the interest is growing, not waning.
Utterly ridiculous to think the town or university is concerned a reward will bring bad publicity, and making decisions based on such. The story is already huge. A reward wont change that. The horse is already out of the barn .

Minimizing press releases? The mpd are making daily reports.

Old 12-04-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
Utterly ridiculous to think the town or university is concerned a reward will bring bad publicity, and making decisions based on such. The story is already huge. A reward wont change that. The horse is already out of the barn .

Minimizing press releases? The mpd are making daily reports.
Apparently, I'm not the only person that thinks 'bad publicity' is why a reward /the case is being suppressed in the news go to: 4:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAE12eRdrPY&t=272s

Old 12-04-2022, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Apparently, I'm not the only person that thinks 'bad publicity' is why a reward /the case is being suppressed in the news go to: 4:30

Awesome. I think they're being utterly ridiculous, too.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:05 PM

Somewhat reminiscent of "JAWS" when the mayor suppressed the news of a killer shark being in the area, during the busy summer season.
Mayor Larry Vaughn doesn't want to lose the tourist money that the community will gain, so he refuses to close the beaches, putting everyone at risk.

Particularly at "Rush" week at University of Idaho.

"Sorority recruitment, often called sorority rush, is a process that can last anywhere from three days to two weeks during which sororities recruit potential new members (PNMs) to join their chapter of the national sorority.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:33 PM

15,418 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:

It sucks that the families are being ignored. But if the police don't have any information, they can't share it. I think the family members need to come to grips with the fact, that they will probably never find out what happened.

Old 12-07-2022, 04:39 PM

Peeping tom arrested 1 am, 12/07/2022 approx I mile from where college students were murdered. See scratch on his face and bandage on his arm. Could this be the murderer?

He is creepy looking
https://recentlybooked.com/ID/Latah/...rd~1139_22-683

Old 12-07-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Peeping tom arrested 1 am, 12/07/2022 approx I mile from where college students were murdered. See scratch on his face and bandage on his arm. Could this be the murderer?

He is creepy looking
https://recentlybooked.com/ID/Latah/...rd~1139_22-683
Putting into scale: One mile radius from there probably includes 1/2 the town.

Old 12-07-2022, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
Putting into scale: One mile radius from there probably includes 1/2 the town.
It is interesting--- he was booked for murder before, but got released........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho