Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2022, 01:32 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times

Advertisements

It'll be interesting to see if you're right. But how would you account for the dog not alerting its people of an intruder/a stranger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2022, 04:01 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
It'll be interesting to see if you're right. But how would you account for the dog not alerting its people of an intruder/a stranger?
The dog was asleep with its owner maybe?

Old 11-27-2022, 07:40 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The dog was asleep with its owner maybe?
I believe the dog’s owner was Kaylee, now in the possession of her ex-boyfriend. I may be wrong but that is what I gathered from reports I saw.

Although they ruled out the ex, he does seem like a likely suspect to me. Of course I don’t know him from Adam but he knew the layout of the house, he knew the code, and he knew the dog. And the two girls were calling him over and over again that night, though he claimed to have been asleep and didn’t hear the phone (very possible). It would make sense with the lack of sexual assault. One would think a stalker or serial killer would assault the girls at least, but he didn’t. The couple downstairs probably were killed because one or both stumbled upon the killer and may have known him so he would feel he had to kill them too.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:42 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
1122 King Street is a well known "Party House" in the community. Granted, this was known as the 'party" neighborhood; Taxi drivers interviewed said people went there to 'get drugs" in that house and surrounding neighborhood. Student neighbors interviewed said that the house had people partying and people on the decks 4 or 5 days a week. Photo's in the vid show piles of alcohol red cups and cans in the backyard, typical of a weekend bash.

The dog was completely socialized to accept multiple people and strangers entering and exiting the house several times a week.

Here's an interesting video on the house and neighborhood with footage and interview information although disclaimer, not official law enforcement release....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwp48FswCb0&t=34s

Old 11-27-2022, 11:22 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
In today's paper, an article said the Moscow cops won't be issuing anything more for a while.

They do have some leads, but the police dept. has been bombarded by speculative email that someone has to read, and it's burning up wasted time and pulling someone away from their small force who could be using their time working on the case.

They now have assistance from the Idaho and Washington State Police and the FBI.

So while folks are only trying to help, the police politely asked for folks to stop the email.

They are definitely NOT putting this case on hold or on a back burner. The Chief said this will remain their highest priority until it is solved.

Old 11-28-2022, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
In today's paper, an article said the Moscow cops won't be issuing anything more for a while.

They do have some leads, but the police dept. has been bombarded by speculative email that someone has to read, and it's burning up wasted time and pulling someone away from their small force who could be using their time working on the case.

They now have assistance from the Idaho and Washington State Police and the FBI.

So while folks are only trying to help, the police politely asked for folks to stop the email.

They are definitely NOT putting this case on hold or on a back burner. The Chief said this will remain their highest priority until it is solved.
The case has gone cold, ice cold. The last sentence is just a flat out lie. What if the case is still not solved in 20 years? Will it still be their highest priority? Even when new cases demand their attention? Of course not. They will keep slowly winding down the manpower assigned to the case to the last man. When there is no one left working on it, it will go to a cold case detective who will dust off the file once a year, to see if they can find any new developments.

I have seen it happen with so many cases I have followed over the years, but I have never seen a case go cold so fast.

Old 11-28-2022, 08:24 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
This whole event is so very sad. That town was typically rather free of issues in any way shape or form.......till now. I'd hope for their sake it's a complete fluke and won't have any repeat performances in the future.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:45 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The case has gone cold, ice cold. The last sentence is just a flat out lie. What if the case is still not solved in 20 years? Will it still be their highest priority? Even when new cases demand their attention? Of course not. They will keep slowly winding down the manpower assigned to the case to the last man. When there is no one left working on it, it will go to a cold case detective who will dust off the file once a year, to see if they can find any new developments.

I have seen it happen with so many cases I have followed over the years, but I have never seen a case go cold so fast.
Seems early to call it cold. They aren't even done sifting thru the evidence.

Old 11-28-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
Seems early to call it cold. They aren't even done sifting thru the evidence.
It doesn't look good to me. Right now they are between the half of cases that are solved in the first 10 days, and the one-third of cases that never get solved. And they are moving closer to the one-third that never get solved everyday.

Old 11-28-2022, 06:01 PM

27 posts, read 32,876 times
Moscow PD are incompetent boobs.
Change my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho