Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2022, 05:30 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times

Advertisements

It's going to be interesting to understand the suspect. A highly educated guy, what drove him to do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2022, 06:11 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
It's going to be interesting to understand the suspect. A highly educated guy, what drove him to do this?
Don’t know. But in general two years of covid has made mental health more challenging for many. Hopefully we will get back to normal within the next year. Happy New Year, hopefully happier than the past two.

Old 12-31-2022, 02:59 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Almost certainly mental illness.

Old 12-31-2022, 11:00 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Maybe he will give a reason and maybe not. But he has put a lot of years into studying the criminal justice system, so maybe he has always had a fascination with "getting away with it".

People with mental illness often go into the study of psychiatry, probably trying to understand their own issues. So maybe people with criminal tendencies are drawn to study the criminal justice system, trying to figure out how it all works.

I'm just speculating. I know nothing about this man and don't know whether he is actually guilty or not. But my respect for the small town police force that carefully sifted through all of it.

Old 12-31-2022, 02:57 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Read an interesting MSN on-line article this morning of an interview with a high school buddy. They hung around for years and mentioned something happened between their junior and senior year summer. The buddy said that Kohberger was previously overweight and a regular part of their little group. He said that he had changed over the summer and came back to school "thin as a rail" and with a bully attitude. Rohberger was soon cut out of their little hang-out group of friends. No conjecture was given for the change. It will be interesting to discover what happened that summer as details are released.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 12-31-2022, 08:15 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
This suspect has some known "issues". Aside from being very OCD he in the past, has interviewed criminals regarding the methods used to carry out their crimes which were typically murders. I don't care if he is a student of criminology, it sure does sound like he's got some screws loose. Just so sad he was involved in any way with the kids he killed.

Old 01-01-2023, 01:56 PM

18,047 posts, read 15,639,191 times
This suspect is probably going to be found to be a budding serial killer type, like a Ted Bundy or Danny Rolling. We'll learn about the depths of the suspect's depravity when information and details come out about the murders, some of which won't be public until a trial.

As such, it will be challenging to understand the inner workings of his mind when his urge is to stalk and gruesomely kill young college-age women.

Old 01-01-2023, 02:12 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
This suspect is probably going to be found to be a budding serial killer type, .........
With a great big qualifying "if it was him" then he might not be a budding serial killer. Four murders at one time might not be the beginning. Normally, serial killers start a lot smaller and build up. We will see what they find when they start concentrating their efforts on investigating him.

The police have been careful and thorough and Idaho law limits what information they can release, which I suspect is to prevent contamination of the jury pool But we will see, Information will come out eventually.

Old 01-01-2023, 04:32 PM

9,522 posts, read 16,503,270 times
I have to wonder if these 4 murders were the first ones this killer is responsible for.

Old 01-01-2023, 05:13 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
These things happen every so often and have for decades and decades. Unfortunately they will continue. I don’t have an answer. Human nature can run from beautiful to very ugly. I guess I just pray for the former.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho