Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2023, 02:27 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
What stands out to me about that list of items, is that there's no Cell Phone. I would think that would be important evidence because a lot of the case depends on cell phone data and pings, ect.
Perhaps there's more search warrants to be revealed.
While they don't have the phone, the cops have some of the phone records that show who was called and when.
So the conversations could be tracked backwards by finding what the other phones have. And the police may have some of those cell phones. Texting on one could be a complete record of the entire text.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2023, 09:44 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Trial will be on one You Tube channel only.

"In the court order, Judge said he will grant Kohberger’s motion to “remove cameras” operated by the media, including both video and still photography. Instead, a court-operated camera will livestream the trial, which the public will be able to watch online on Judge’s YouTube channel."

".....Instead, a court-operated camera will livestream the trial, which the public will be able to watch online on Judge’s YouTube channel.".......

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...Tube%20channel.

Old 11-23-2023, 01:40 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Trial will be on one You Tube channel only.

"In the court order, Judge said he will grant Kohberger’s motion to “remove cameras” operated by the media, including both video and still photography. Instead, a court-operated camera will livestream the trial, which the public will be able to watch online on Judge’s YouTube channel."

".....Instead, a court-operated camera will livestream the trial, which the public will be able to watch online on Judge’s YouTube channel.".......

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...Tube%20channel.
I think it's a great ruling. Personally I find trial coverage where the cameras keep zooming in on the defendant to be irritating. All courtroom trials should be live streamed for anyone who wants to watch them. But TV cameras inside a courtroom zooming in and out is ridiculous. It's a public courtroom proceeding, not a TV show or movie. The news media likes to turn trials like this into circuses. This judge isn't having any of that. Hopefully it sets a precedent for future trials.

Old 12-28-2023, 07:48 PM

Demolition of King Road house completed; at least one family of a victim objects

Well, it has been over a year.
But there are folks that think it shouldn't have been destroyed before the trial.
It's understandable the victims' families have some emotions over this decision, before there is even a trial date.
Maybe now the University and the community can move on. Or maybe it's going to have to convict someone in order to move on.

https://dnews.com/update-at-12-09-p-...f0b04a217.html

Old 12-29-2023, 10:46 PM

29 posts, read 11,252 times
Quote:
Demolition of King Road house completed; at least one family of a victim objects
But there are folks that think it shouldn't have been destroyed before the trial.
How important is it to have the jury do a walk-through of the murder location? I don't know if that enhances the evidence against the killer... or just tweaks the emotions....

Quote:
Or maybe it's going to have to convict someone in order to move on.
The killer has got to be convicted. I haven't been following that closely, but I think they've got "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Old 12-30-2023, 10:26 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
The prosecution has a 3-D version of the whole house that can be used at the trial. One viewer in a livestream of the demolition (out of Florida!) commented that the jury would have been able to judge, on the site, how much you can hear from one floor to the next, which was a good point IMO, but I don't think jurors can just walk around on their own and do their own "investigation" during a walk-through. Anyway, it's done.

Old 12-30-2023, 11:21 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
The jury was never enabled to do a walk-through. A walk through a crime scene requires a judge's permission, that only comes after the defense and prosecution both allow it.

None of that happened in this case, and after a year, the house had become a destination for murder tourists, and an ongoing nightmare for all the residents of the neighborhood.

Ask yourself: Would you want to do a walk-through of that house? It was never cleaned after the police were through with it, and it was boarded up tightly, so no air circulated through it, though the house sure heated in the spring, summer and fall that followed the murders.
The house would not be thrown open before a jury's visit if it had been kept for possible future evidence.
So a jury would be walking through the house lit by any electric lighting that still worked, on blood-encrusted floors and carpets, and with the stink of death very strong in their nostrils.

Would any of that help a jury reach a clear-headed decision that had no bias? A jury is going to be shocked by some of the evidence they are presented with. What good does it do to shock them some more?
Would it help the city of Moscow in any way? Or the University?
The cops already have everything they needed from that house, and they had a year to map it all out digitally. The jury will get a fully complete picture of the events with no need for a visitation to clarify any questions or doubts.

I think that all in all, the demolition was the right thing to do. The very last outcome anyone wants is a retrial or a successful appeal due to a technicality or jury error.

In a town of only 25,000, that house was a constant reminder of one of the very worst moments in its history. Does any parent want to send their child to a college that's full of fear, morbidity, sadness and grief?

It's time to let Moscow begin to move on in a mentally healthy way, and that will happen now that the house is gone. It needs to become the peaceful, happy college town its always been again.

Old 12-30-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahocougar View Post
How important is it to have the jury do a walk-through of the murder location? I don't know if that enhances the evidence against the killer... or just tweaks the emotions....

The killer has got to be convicted. I haven't been following that closely, but I think they've got "beyond a reasonable doubt."
Well, you know the saying: There's no such thing as a 'Slam Dunk".

A jury did let O.J. walk.

Old 12-30-2023, 06:36 PM

Quote:

It's understandable the victims' families have some emotions over this decision, before there is even a trial date.
Maybe now the University and the community can move on. Or maybe it's going to have to convict someone in order to move on.

https://dnews.com/update-at-12-09-p-...f0b04a217.html
I find it very interesting that they demolitioned the house under the cover of darkness of night. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but they sure are doing their best to feed the people who are.

Old 12-30-2023, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Well, you know the saying: There's no such thing as a 'Slam Dunk".

A jury did let O.J. walk.
This is a slam dunk. Bryan Kohberger is no O.J.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho