Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2023, 01:27 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times

Advertisements

Here is the long-awaited probably cause affidavit. Amazing new info and details.

Scroll down past the article:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-mur...ngs-court-docs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2023, 05:19 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,557,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GileadCommander View Post
What if he was motivated by the Netflix Bundy movie? What if there are legit reasons to muzzle the media re: serial killers? If we literally stopped giving these killers oxygen by talking about them, they just might go away completely. They crave the fame.
I think you've made a valid connection to Bundy. It turns out Kohberger studied as a graduate student under famed murder expert Dr. Katherine Ramsland DeSales University, in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, .Ramsland is a forensic psychologist who has written dozens of books, consults on cases and trains police officers

Courses she teaches at the university include Forensic Psychology, Psychological Sleuthing, Dangerous Minds and Behavioral Criminology.

Kohburger took a class that focused on serial killers. Perhaps he was inspired on the notoriety gained by the serial killers? Was he angry at his mom (who wrote letters about serial killers) or was he gathering data to help plan the 'perfect crime"?
He certainly didn't commit the perfect crime. The 19-page Arrest Affidavit was full of evidence and showed poor planning and alo of sloppiness.

Old 01-05-2023, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Uh-huh. I’m sure your avid participation here is totally non-creepy and only to help educate you for your career.
I’m also sure Bryan Kohberger would say the same thing.
I've never worked a Capital Murder Case. this trial is going to take 2 years, even if Kohburger takes a Plea Deal.

I think the Defense Team has their work cut out for them to get a plea offer. There was evidence at the crime scene (the KBar knife sheath) ,
Only the most experienced Lawyers can work Capital Defense cases, the best of the best. There is a TON to learn from this case.

Old 01-06-2023, 08:32 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
[mod note] Stay "on topic". Otherwise this thread will be closed and all future
posts can go into the Current Events thread about this topic. [/mod note]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 01-06-2023, 11:24 PM

Well, Brian picked a tough state to commit those crimes (allegedly). Idaho has no insanity defense. So, there was no real negative consequence of Brian's extradition lawyer’s statements- specifically, that his client is "mentally stable and aware".

Old 01-07-2023, 06:12 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Well, Brian picked a tough state to commit those crimes (allegedly). Idaho has no insanity defense. So, there was no real negative consequence of Brian's extradition lawyer’s statements- specifically, that his client is "mentally stable and aware".
In this case I don't see how an insanity defence would help him even if that was an option. He is not diagnosed with any mental illness. And by all accounts he is mentally alert and knows what he is doing. He is an idiot, but he is not mentally incompetent.

I really don't see any possible defence for him. If anyone is expecting to see a big trial with him trying to prove his innocence, I think they will be disappointed.

I expect he will plead guilty to avoid the death penalty and he will get four consecutive life sentences plus an additional 10 years for burglary. Which will save the cost of a trial and spare witnesses having to testify.

Old 01-07-2023, 07:58 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,758,918 times
I have not read all the posts on this thread. Has there ever been an explanation as to why the survivor never checked on her roommates or called 911?

Old 01-07-2023, 09:03 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
I have not read all the posts on this thread. Has there ever been an explanation as to why the survivor never checked on her roommates or called 911?
Yes, because she was fearful, so she locked herself in her room. When the comotion died down, she decided to deal with it the next morning. When she discovered the bodies the next day, she did call 911 or her friends did.

It was not necessarily a bad decision. She is alive. If she had come out of her room, she probably wouldn't be.

Old 01-07-2023, 09:57 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I've never worked a Capital Murder Case. this trial is going to take 2 years, even if Kohburger takes a Plea Deal.

I think the Defense Team has their work cut out for them to get a plea offer. There was evidence at the crime scene (the KBar knife sheath) ,
Only the most experienced Lawyers can work Capital Defense cases, the best of the best. There is a TON to learn from this case.
He said he's looking forward to being exonerated. Major disconnect with reality. We'll see how that plays out in his mind.

Old 01-13-2023, 09:56 PM

Well, Nancy Grace has always been controversial...People either love her or strongly dislike her.
She recently set up shop in Moscow in front of the 1122 King Road house.

In the clip, she said, "I'm here behind the murder scene right now and you can see straight into the girl's place. This is the parking lot we've been hearing about right behind their home. "

I personally think this is distasteful. At the very least, It must be very distracting for the students returned to the University.
I know she is a victim of violent crime herself, but I don't think this gives her a reason to push over the line of sensibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho