Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 05:59 PM

16,153 posts, read 6,485,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
so phet if this is where you are, that's OK.
by all means stay there. practice what you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1hWIVns_Yo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 06:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,382,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Ha! Too soon.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:17 PM

2,962 posts, read 877,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ha! Too soon.

I keep waiting...

but nothing of substance from you.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:57 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,973,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I keep waiting...

There's not much of substance from Steven either. But I think this fact goes over the heads of his fans.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:23 PM

50,159 posts, read 21,014,227 times
Ok. Let me suggest that what Tzaph is talking about is the 'Blind men and the elephant'.

God is like several blind men holding bits of an elephant and describing a tusk, an ear or a tail differently, but it's their limited perception of one thing.

That's the explanation of the analogy of various (different) places in the world - but all part of the same world, right Tzaph?

If so (anticipating your endorsement) then all the various religions are man -made and so are their gods. The perception of the thing is common to all of them; the 'experience' of God. But all the religions, Holy Books and gods associated with them are human anthropomorphisations of this unexpressible Real God.

Ok so far?

P.s I know we got onto arguing about the reality of 'god' rather than new atheism, but then we get onto debating New Atheism on threads about the reality of God. But then it's all different aspects of the whole one debate after all.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,382,766 times
Quote:
I keep waiting...

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.â€

― Oscar Wilde

Old 09-28-2019, 02:50 AM

16,922 posts, read 5,112,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The problem with atheists is that they are driven completely by their feelings and emotions. A fact that one of their own mods practically spelled out. But they refuse to acknowledge this fact.
That is because it is a Ozzy fact, not a real one. I notice you avoid the topics were logic and probability are used by atheists.

I presume you have forgotten which mod said we are driven completely by our feelings and emotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's also something that many former atheists turned Christians have acknowledged.
And you have evidence for this?

Old 09-28-2019, 02:52 AM

16,922 posts, read 5,112,073 times
Quote:
I keep waiting...

From the person who has argued their god can not exist, or is very improbable.

Old 09-28-2019, 04:09 AM

50,159 posts, read 21,014,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Ha! Too soon.
My old adverary Eusebius used to argue the Cheng Ho Fleet of wooden ships that made year -long trips as far as the Indian ocean in the Ming dynasty and one or more ships were reputed to have been 600 feet or more long. This was one evidence -based argument that I was never able to refute. It ought not to have been possible to build a seaworthy wooden ship that long, even with metal bracing. But apparently it was. Was it an actual smaller hull with vastly projecting superstructure? Was it perhaps several ships connected to make a total length of 600 feet? Was it simply an exaggerated claim? Since there are no plans or drawings from the time, I am left without an explanation.

So I just have to turn to the killer objection to the Ark/Flood story, even after all the excuses using Pangaea, inflating mountains, Dinosaur -powered conveyor -belts to remove waste, juveniles and eggs, Bayrma and basic types of species, hibernation, migration and cultivation, you are still with thousands of pairs of animals in a devastated world where nothing would grow (and corpses would not last) for more than a month or so and once a hungry predator eats a herbivore, that species is extinct.

And, as I pointed out to Eusebius (and it worked, amazingly ) once you use a miracle to get over a problem, the whole need for a flood at all becomes pointless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I225Vcs3X0g

Old 09-28-2019, 04:16 AM

7,690 posts, read 4,232,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
So I just have to turn to the killer objection to the Ark/Flood story, even after all the excuses using Pangaea, inflating mountains, Dinosaur -powered conveyor -belts to remove waste, juveniles and eggs, Bayrma and basic types of species, hibernation, migration and cultivation, you are still with thousands of pairs of animals in a devastated world where nothing would grow (and corpses would not last) for more than a month or so and once a hungry predator eats a herbivore, that species is extinct.

And, as I pointed out to Eusebius (and it worked, amazingly ) once you use a miracle to get over a problem, the whole need for a flood at all becomes pointless.
I really like this post. It made me laugh. This belief in the flood and the ark kind of fits along with 2+2=5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality