Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 11:19 AM

22,917 posts, read 19,547,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
.....i still think that an arena and spiked clubs is the most satisfactory method of settling such theological disputes.
Of course you do. The arena and combat you describe are apt descriptors of the "atheist and agnostic" forum.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 09-27-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 11:36 AM

29,744 posts, read 9,918,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
people have been connected to God for all time.
humans have a soul.
our soul connects us to God.

always has. always will.
don't need this or that personality to "connect" us.
we each have a direct line.
always have. always will.

long before this or that person walked the planet.

regarding a specific personality, is it helpful? to some perhaps
necessary for all? most definitely not

to say "only this person" connects humanity to God is the same problem as saying "only this religion" connects humanity to God.
God is available to all, always has been, always will be.
When you write about people, are you talking about all people?

I ask because you are right that humans have been believing in all manner of things for a long time now, including a god, many gods, holy animals, you name it...

Might even go as far as to agree always have and always will, but we don't all have a direct line to the same source of these many differing beliefs. Right? Or the many different religions describing their different versions of who god is, who are god's messengers far as they are concerned or even if there is a god at all more like Buddhists tend to believe.

Are you asking we all ignore all this history and fact or am I missing something in terms of how we're supposed to conclude anything about god's existence from your rationale?

Last edited by LearnMe; 09-27-2019 at 11:56 AM..

Old 09-27-2019, 11:47 AM

50,159 posts, read 21,027,697 times
Quote:
Of course you do. The arena and combat you describe are apt descriptors of the "atheist and agnostic" forum.
It is indeed, but while fighting breaks out in the God supporters' stalls, we goddless bastards can take a lemon - break.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:48 AM

51,572 posts, read 24,927,287 times
Quote:
people have been connected to God for all time.
humans have a soul.
our soul connects us to God.

always has. always will.
don't need this or that personality to "connect" us.
we each have a direct line.
always have. always will.

long before this or that person walked the planet.

regarding a specific personality, is it helpful? to some perhaps
necessary for all? most definitely not

to say "only this person" connects humanity to God is the same problem as saying "only this religion" connects humanity to God.
God is available to all, always has been, always will be.

"People have been connected to God for all time".

Hmmmm. Which god have they been connected to for all time?

Please look over the 7 lists here, and let us know which god people have been connected to for all time:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li..._and_goddesses

Old 09-27-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I understand and I respect and used your persona non-grata "Truths" to overcome my materialism conditioning after my encounter in deep meditation to try to find a plausible explanation for it. That is why I said most people with the materialist view of Reality simply cannot relate to my views. It is why they think God must be "supernatural" when God IS the ONLY natural there is.
Tough being a persona non grata, but there are countless people I admire who were much more so than I can ever imagine myself to be, proven on the side of right over time. I ask anyone in this forum if they are inclined toward silence when asked by people of different mentality what the truth about such things might be. You clearly have no such hesitation...

Is the idea to get reps? Earn followers? Or is speaking the truth about something else entirely? Regardless how the truth might be received?

Also to learn something in the event we might be missing something and this is why I asked what is meant by a "materialist atheist." I don't consider myself a materialist, but I am an atheist, so I find the term a little puzzling if not off-putting. The suggestion that an atheist can't be sensitive or emotional or in tune with what beauty and marvel there is to explore and enjoy in life, for example, if this is what you mean? Including the great mysteries of life we all share. Your notion about being "materialist" in this regard is simply not correct at best and something of a brag that you are somehow better able to be in touch with reality any better than the rest of us.

Or maybe I'm just not following you too well. Hard to know...

Old 09-27-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
again, this has nothing to do with what I said or what is being discussed.
more random lines from a tract.

when you see someone standing on a street corner rambling in a steady stream and repeating the same phrases over and over, day in and day out, and you give them a wide berth, is that you "stuffing your fingers in your ears" ? is that you "displaying closed minded denial."

because that's what you're saying.
and doing.

the guy on the street corner talking at people day after day also thinks the phrases he is repeating (over and over and over) are "pivotal" and "valid." It is the behavior of perseverating.
How different our we who repeat what we believe and why, over and over in these threads, compared to the guy rambling on the street corner?

How do we separate and distinguish the truth from the nonsense any differently?

Old 09-27-2019, 11:55 AM

50,159 posts, read 21,027,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
When you write about people, are you talking about all people?

I ask because you are right that humans have been believing in all manner of things for a long time now, including a god, many gods, holy animals, you name it...

Might even go as far as to agree always have and always will, but we don't all have a direct line to the same source of these many differing beliefs. Right? Or the many different religions describing their different versions of who god is, who are god's messengers far as they are concerned or even if there is a god at all more like Buddhists tend to believe.

Are you asking we all ignore all this history and fact or am I missing something in terms of how we're supposed to conclude anything about god's existence from your rational?
Very good, but much more effective if you put it in Theophanic dactyls: Even better if in KJ E

When thou writests about people,
art thou talkinest of all people?

I asketh, since thou art right
that humans have been believething
in all manner of things
for a long time now,
including a god,
many gods and holy animals,
Namest thou It...

Might even go as far
as to agree
always have and always will,
but do we not have all a line direct,
to the same source of
these many differing beliefs.
Righ
t?

(A silver collection will be taken...)

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-27-2019 at 12:20 PM..

Old 09-27-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Ouch!

Looks like the gloves are off...

How about we break for tea instead?

Old 09-27-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Very good, but much more effective if you put it in Theophanic dactyls: Even better if in KJ E

When thou writests about people,
art thou talkinest of all people?

I asketh, since thou art right
that humans have been believething
in all manner of things
for a long time now,
including a god,
many gods and holy animals,
Namest thou It...

Might even go as far
as to agree
always have and always will,
but do we not have all a line direct,
to the same source of
these many differing beliefs.
Righ
t?

(A silver collection will be taken...)p
And when I don't misspell rationale...

When it comes to all "reason and logic" in this thread, my cup runneth over!

Old 09-27-2019, 12:14 PM

22,917 posts, read 19,547,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
"People have been connected to God for all time".

Hmmmm. Which god have they been connected to for all time?

Please look over the 7 lists here, and let us know which god people have been connected to for all time:
that which their soul connects them to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality