Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2019, 02:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
To say all personal preference is faith is saying that your preference and taste in food, music, art, poetry, and exercise are "merely faith."
Can you show us where any US currency or court house or other similar structure says "In Menudo We Trust?"

Why doesn't the US Supreme Court open with a prayer to Eric Satie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 12:21 AM

16,765 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Brilliant, as usual.

The point is that so many atheist arguments and questions have so much nonsense behind them. It's like each word is a floodgate holding back a torrential deluge of nonsense. A Christian doesn't even know where to begin. So it's not even worth trying to respond.

No. I refuse to respond to any nonsense like that.
It was two simple, honest questions. You, the master of the floodgate holding back a torrential deluge of nonsense, are simply evading the question.

Old 09-29-2019, 10:50 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Phets "more lengthy" posts usually have substance relating to the forum topic.
With only relying on memory, I'd say the largest percentage of yours are admonishing others about HOW they should post and/or encouraging not much more than longer version of the simpler request of "Can't we all just all be nice?"
Why am I not surprised to read this comment from you in particular? I certainly have my detractors, but no doubt you are among the most predictable.

Appreciate the extra incentive to take a break from this forum for awhile, though I will miss reading comments posted by others that generally include something worthwhile to consider. For you of all people to talk about substance is pretty humorous. Thanks for the parting laugh!

Old 09-29-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It was two simple, honest questions. You, the master of the floodgate holding back a torrential deluge of nonsense, are simply evading the question.
And I get pegged for admonishments? Not that I mind all that much. Sometimes they seem appropriate if not altogether necessary to make a point, but for anyone to think this is not common practice in this forum is also awfully humorous if you ask me.

Cheers!

Old 09-29-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Can you show us where any US currency or court house or other similar structure says "In Menudo We Trust?"

Why doesn't the US Supreme Court open with a prayer to Eric Satie?
Menudo. One of the few foods I really do not like, so I'm glad not that anyway...

Some of the humor makes this forum at least worth some of the wasted time.

Keep up the good work!

Old 09-29-2019, 12:04 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Why am I not surprised to read this comment from you in particular? I certainly have my detractors, but no doubt you are among the most predictable.

Appreciate the extra incentive to take a break from this forum for awhile, though I will miss reading comments posted by others that generally include something worthwhile to consider. For you of all people to talk about substance is pretty humorous. Thanks for the parting laugh!
Glad to help.
At least you got a response and an opinion from me, even though it was not the accolade you had been expecting when you first posted your 9 or 10 'truths"...and even though you have more than a few posts 'begging'....excuse me...soliciting opinions from various posters which were never forthcoming.
Maybe...just maybe...you can give the 'why' of that a thought.

Edited to add....if you should ever come up with some, or even one, Universal Truth, that has anything to do with Religion and/or Spirituality (other than things like "Water is Wet) please do come back so we can discuss them

Old 09-29-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Glad to help.
At least you got a response and an opinion from me, even though it was not the accolade you had been expecting when you first posted your 9 or 10 'truths"...and even though you have more than a few posts 'begging'....excuse me...soliciting opinions from various posters which were never forthcoming.
Maybe...just maybe...you can give the 'why' of that a thought.

Edited to add....if you should ever come up with some, or even one, Universal Truth, that has anything to do with Religion and/or Spirituality (other than things like "Water is Wet) please do come back so we can discuss them
I'll miss you too! Almost most of all...

Not really a universal truth, maybe not a truth at all, but given your understanding of anything along these lines, including my want of "accolades" or how my truths have anything BUT to do with religion and spirituality, maybe just maybe you can give some better thought to all the above.

Meanwhile, as I leave with less than high hopes along those lines, I know there are many others who will carry on and no doubt point to truth, including our universal truths, better than I have been able to manage, especially with folks like you.

Cheer none the less.

Old 09-29-2019, 12:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
I'll miss you most of all...

Not really a universal truth, maybe not a truth at all, but given your understanding of anything along these lines, including my want of "accolades" or how my truths have anything BUT to do with religion and spirituality, maybe just maybe you can give some better thought to all the above.

Meanwhile, as I leave with less than high hopes along those lines, I know there are many others who will carry on and no doubt point to truth, including our universal truths, better than I have been able to manage, especially with folks like you.

Cheer none the less.
As flounces go, I can't give it more than a 2/10.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:30 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Menudo. One of the few foods I really do not like, so I'm glad not that anyway...

Keep up the good work!
She refuses to explain why the Supreme Court doesn't open its sessions with...

I got the horse right here; his name is Paul Revere, and this guy says that if the weather's clear, can do, can do, this guy says the horse can do....

(That's from Guys & Dolls)

Old 09-30-2019, 05:48 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:

Keep up the good work!
Menudo...it that trade related to Nakd?

Quote:

Keep up the good work!
Well, I'm glad that you find some aspect of it worth doing. However, whether or not we will keep on doing what we do, no matter whether it is praised or deprecated and no matter whether the deprecators (and I'm not saying you're one, so don't start whinnying in indignation) hang around for even sniping at us or just sign off. It's your choice how you live and what you do here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality