Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2023, 10:31 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you also mentioned showers.

Do you think women's restrooms at event spaces (theaters, athletic arenas/stadiums) are more crowded with longer lines because more women go to the bathroom more frequently? Do you think the dedicated square feet is smaller still? Or is it that all the individual stalls allow for about 1/4 fewer total "outlets"? Scientifically (can't believe I looked this up) women void a median 8 times a day and men 7. That 1x day, when considered against the length of an event, would not explain crowded womens' room lines.
Why do women take longer in the bathroom?
Women generally have more clothes to remove and replace when they pee. Also take time to put paper on the seat because, you know, they have to sit on disgusting public toilets. That takes more time than just unzipping.
(Yes, some women just squat so they don't have to bother with the paper. ) Some venues haven't figured out they need more toilet stalls for women than for men. Probably because architecture has traditionally been a man's occupation.

I really doubt most healthy people pee 7 or 8 times a day. Maybe you found an article about UTIs. But I do believe women on average pee more often than men.

I believe a locker room can be designed to provide individual showers and changing booths. You seem to think that is not possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 10:58 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,567,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
So if you area man, and you enjoy knitting does that make you a women, or if you are a women and you like to fish and hunt, or work on cars, does that make you a man......of course not. You are what you are at birth......and you will be that when you die.

I agree with you. As a female, I wouldn't know what it feels like to actually be a man, so how can a man know what it possibly feels like to be a woman? They can't. With this being said, as a woman. I grew up in a generation where there were labels such as, "that's a man's job" or "that's a woman's job". At the end of the day though, it's just a job. I believe some jobs, women don't have the physical stamina that a man would have to do a particular job. In my current world, I think there's nothing wrong with a man doing a clerical job or a woman doing a mechanic's job! That doesn't change their gender. Men like to cook, women like to cook. I know men who like to sew and knit. What about stay-at-home Dads? None of these things changes someone's gender nor should anyone who enjoys doing these things should think, "I know I'm a man, but maybe I'm really a woman in a man's body." I just don't buy any of this transgender stuff. Maybe if you like to dress in women's clothing, you are just eccentric but that doesn't make you a woman.

Old 01-16-2023, 11:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I definitely don’t think being a women equates to conforming with a set of stereotypes. Your post is completely untrue.
What you claim to believe, and what you actually type in other comments are 2 different things.

Old 01-16-2023, 11:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What you claim to believe, and what you actually type in other comments are 2 different things.
This is nothing but a baseless personal attack and a thread hijack. Apparently I must have angered you in another thread so you decided to come here and hijack this one with baseless accusations.

Try discussing the topic.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:51 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
What?? This is nonsense. Sheep are male or female, done. If they have mixed up chromosomes, we would never know bc we go by their outside anatomy (which will reliably predict behavior) and they don’t tell us “I feel like a ewe, not a ram.” I breed chickens and have done considerable research into their genetics but you’re never getting a transgender chicken. It’s not happening. They may exhibit different behaviors due to pecking order and that’s about it. Seriously don’t understand your point in this unless you’re just going off topic.

Identical twins share 100% of their DNA unless something goes wrong during meiosis, which is not common. The anomaly with identical twins is that the one embryo split into two. The chances of another major occurrence is slim to none.

Mosaics and chimeras are exceedingly rare, to the point where it’s not even worth discussion in this conversation. It is an accident, a genetic mistake, and unless you’re going to tell me that these folks are prone to transgenderism, please stop bringing this up in these threads. It is from left field.
In the minds of people today, unless you are an alpha male, then you must be trans.

There have always been men and women who exhibited more masculine or feminine qualities, but it never meant they were secretly the opposite sex. There have always been women who were Tomboys, more inclined to working with their hands, than working with people. It never meant that they were a man trapped in a woman's body.

There have always been men who liked women who were less concerned with frilly things, were athletic, and loved the outdoors. Some men prefer women who dress up and always look pretty, who don't like to get their hands dirty and prefer to do traditional stereotypical housewife stuff. This doesn't mean these people are non-binary, or they occupy the wrong bodies.

Now it seems that if a woman likes fishing and watching the NFL, when she's not gardening, then she needs to be addressed by a special pronoun.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
This is nothing but a baseless personal attack and a thread hijack. Apparently I must have angered you in another thread so you decided to come here and hijack this one with baseless accusations.

Try discussing the topic.
Its not a personal attack, as I am only repeating your own statements. And it is not a thread hijacking as your original premise was

Quote:
How does any of this make sense? And how is it not considered offensive to reduce womanhood or manhood into a set of stereotypes?
Can you define manhood or womenhood ,without using traditionalist values ???? Or heck, give it a go with traditionalist values.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:55 PM

Quote:
What does it feel like for you, to “feel like” a man or a woman?

The Dr. Phil episode I shared had two non binary guests who do trainings on gender identity as a career yet they couldn’t even answer this very basic question.
Like them not being able to describe what a woman is, without using the word "woman?"

Old 01-16-2023, 12:58 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Its not a personal attack, as I am only repeating your own statements. And it is not a thread hijacking as your original premise was

Can you define manhood or womenhood ,without using traditionalist values ???? Or heck, give it a go with traditionalist values.
What statements of mine did you repeat? I already defined what it feels like to be a woman for me. Please read the thread and stop pretending that you know what I think and believe.

I am not the topic.

Old 01-16-2023, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Isn't that what's at issue here? The left have invented the hobby of constructing boxes with labels on them, and then trying to force everyone into their box. This is why they love transgenderism and intersexualism, they get 6,000 more boxes with pronouns and gender identities on them.

A woman is an adult human female. A man is an adult human male. Whether the man or woman behaves more masculine or feminine, or what their personal interests are, will not change the biological fact that they are either a man or a woman. A gay man is simply a man who prefers to have sexual relationships with men. It does not make him a woman.

Old 01-16-2023, 01:13 PM

Sadly, this transgender craze is destroying the lives of many young women. The transgender crowd preyed upon the fact that the girls were going thru the emotional roller coaster of the natural hormonal changes as they experienced puberty. Some of these girls may have been lesbians, if left alone. Others were just girls going thru a questioning period in their lives and would have grown out of the puberty stage and gone on to become adult women, with children and or a professional career.

Instead these girls had their entire lives destroyed, because adults, school admins and strangers on social media convinced them they were secretly men. So they went on chemicals, or had top surgery. They were convinced to stand in a box with their name and pronouns on it, hastily crafted by the leftist trans movement busybodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies