Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2023, 08:28 AM

3,339 posts, read 1,834,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I hope you are right about people settling down on this issue.

Sometimes the hate gets ridiculous. I was just reading a post where someone didn't like Spielberg's new movie and bashed on Spielberg. The next poster had some very nasty, hateful words against Spielberg too. So uncalled for. Just because someone didn't like a movie.
No one I know, including TERFs, hates on individuals who choose to live as the other sex. That has been happening throughout history.

The problem, indeed the crisis we face now, is that Trans Rights Activists expect to be accepted as FULL FLEDGED GENUINE WOMEN IN ALL RESPECTS.

Women's identified spaces must NOT be compromised to affirm the feelings of men who claim to be women.

Gay people must not be ostracized for refusing trans folks as sex partners based on biology.

Children MUST be allowed to grow up before selecting a lifetime of medicalization as a transgender.

We ALL must be allowed to discuss and disagree publicly without the hateful protests, assaults on character and threats to one's livelihood that attend the 'No Debate!' policy of Trans-activists and their allies.

That is what is at stake in this battle.. NOT their right to dress as whores, handmaidens or housewives.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 01-17-2023 at 09:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2023, 09:22 AM

7,686 posts, read 5,556,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I don't understand why body dysmorphia is considered a mental condition and gender dysmorphia is not.
Well, feelings are mental. So I don’t see the problem labelling it as a mental condition that I do not really understand. However, I won’t classify it as a mental illness, just as I wouldn’t classify a phobia such as fear as heights as a mental illness.

Old 01-17-2023, 01:26 PM

38,169 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
of course we should "accept" - that is, neither criminalize nor ostracize. But "accept" and "accommodate" are also 2 different terms.
It's never enough that we simply accept that our neighbor doesn't want to be the sex they were born to, we are forced to acknowledge, promote and endorse whatever gender or pronoun they choose.

It's enough that we accept that our neighbor is a Christian, or a Democrat, but we are never required to call them Brother Bob, or endorse the Democratic Party. We are never required to put a Christian cross or a blue (D) emoji on our FaceBook page or Twitter name, for fear of being canceled by the troll army and called nasty names and be harassed online, or have our business boycotted. Nope, that is what the LGBTQIA++ trolls do to anyone not bending the knee and kissing the ring.

Old 01-17-2023, 01:43 PM

17,615 posts, read 14,767,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Well, feelings are mental. So I don’t see the problem labelling it as a mental condition that I do not really understand. However, I won’t classify it as a mental illness, just as I wouldn’t classify a phobia such as fear as heights as a mental illness.
Gender dysphoria was considered a mental illness up until about 10 minutes ago.

And if one truly believed they were the opposite sex, treatment by medication and then surgery was a long drawn out process that involved serious therapy and then living as the preferred sex for a long period of time.

Now, all a 10 year old girl needs to say is that she thinks she's a boy and she's prescribed puberty blockers in a 15 minute doctor appointment.

And there are many surgeons who will remove a teenage girl's breasts without any serious counseling.

In most cases, society is simply feeding a CHILD'S mental illness - when did that become okay?

If my 10 year old told me he was a cat, I wouldn't start meowing at them and give them a litter box to defecate.

But if my 10 year old told me he was a girl, society tells me I should embrace it and buy him a dress, makeup, tell him how to tuck and call him by a girl's name.

Our society is rotten to the core.

Old 01-17-2023, 02:01 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,293,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
This happens quite a lot, trans women acusing lesbians of being transphobic for not wanting to have sex with them.

All I see is a man disguised as a woman, you cannot make me change how I feel about that.
I'm a liberal, straight guy, who often comes to the defense of trans people when it comes to right-wingers, and even I have been accused of 'transphobia', by the far-left, hyper-woke 'progressives' (the regressive left), simply because I'm not attracted to/not interested in dating trans women. Just simply for that.

It's like, first of all, I thought it was us on the left who not long ago (and correctly) emphasized that people don't choose who they are attracted to or not, when we were defending and advocating for gay rights, during that whole equality movement. But now I'm supposed to be able to suddenly consciously choose who I'm attracted to? I'm straight. Period. I'm attracted to actual, natural women. Trans women are just not that. I'll defend them being legitimately trans, and they may not even be men, but they're just not women. Physically or otherwise. I like them as friends, but I'm not interested in them like that.

The attaching of '-phobia' to everything is another trend that irritates me, especially since they don't mean it correctly. They don't mean it as 'fear of', which is what 99.9% of words ending in -phobia mean. A phobia is a fear. Even those with anti-trans viewpoints (like many of the posters around here), are not necessarily all trans 'phobic'. Unless they have, like some kind of emotional aversion to trans people.

Old 01-17-2023, 02:21 PM

1,368 posts, read 491,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is an interview that took place on Dr. Phill where “experts” on gender identity as wells as two non binary folks were asked to define womanhood and they really struggled with the question.
https://youtu.be/_HgOeTvxv00

If you don’t want to listen to the whole thing, you can start listening at the 14 minute mark to 16:30 to hear the question and answer on this from two non binary people and self proposed experts and again at the 18 minute mark to see the PHD expert discuss the same thing.

BTW, the expert does mention that a girl who doesn’t automatically want to vacuum may not have her gender identity and sexuality in alignment.
I saw this. They are so afraid of gender adjectives they can't describe things related to the things they attempt to debate. Truly bizzare. I demand to be a woman! What is a woman? I dunno, it's different for each person. Omg people please be sane. I can't anymore

Old 01-17-2023, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I think of it similarly to something like anorexia where you can be 80lbs, skin and bones yet when you look in the mirror you see someone who is fat. Body dysmorphia.
Yes. Good comparison. And we don't tell anorexic they are fat do we?

Old 01-17-2023, 03:08 PM

17,615 posts, read 14,767,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
Yes. Good comparison. And we don't tell anorexic they are fat do we?

Actually, they're now saying that anorexics can be fat now.

Words don't mean anything any more.

Old 01-17-2023, 05:07 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,477,423 times
Ze/He/She/It/They said Ze/He/She/It/They felt she was a woman one day but he felt like a man the next. It's mind boggling, but we are supposedly supposed to simply just accept the mental gymnastics to validate this. I'm perfectly fine with this being a part of "queerdom" that totally accepted that it was outside of mainstream culture and wasn't trying to impose their mental gymnastics on the rest of society. If you're some sort of "*****," that's fine by me. I'm not going to call you "it" or something of the sort or want my hypothetical children to be indoctrinated with these mental gymnastics. The ***** community can deconstruct everything to their delight amongst themselves without judgment from me.

Also, why ***** is censored when it is part of the LGTBQ"+" moniker is beyond me. No one under 40 considers it offensive or uses it derogatorily. Just in the span of my adult life, we've gone from rightly accepting gay and lesbian people as normal members of society to deconstructing reality itself (I'm throwing shade at a bunch of different people here). Something has happened in the last 6-8 years where reality has simply gone out of vogue.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 01-17-2023 at 05:23 PM..

Old 01-17-2023, 05:23 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with happiness, it’s just a matter of fact.

If a male feels like he is a woman (whatever that means) it does not make him a woman it makes him a male struggling with body dysmorphia. I have empathy for that male because it truly is a struggle but he can never become a woman no matter what he does so it seems healthier to help him learn too accept reality and find a way to live with it. If that means makeup and dresses, great but if that means demanding access to women’s bathrooms, sports, etc. Not great.

It’s disrespectful to pretend males can be women because that has led to males in women’s sports, jails, prisons, showers, bathrooms, locker rooms, dressing rooms, rape crisis center, women’s shelters, etc. You can’t have it both ways because by accepting males as woman, you completely disrespect actual girls and women.
All this. Trans people use to do their own thing now it's sports and bathrooms and your a bigot if you don't want to change with a man. Nobody really cared until the dems hijacked the group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies