Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2023, 02:28 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Cool, we can all agree Biden was wrong. But by definition, every single thread on here that uses the phrase "Democratic plantation" is also wrong. See how you guys overlook your own flaws which are far more abundant.
I've never used the phrase "Democratic plantation," so why are you tossing out that red herring? Me thinks it's because you know you've lost the argument and need to try and make this personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Meh, the "left" doesnt do that. Individuals do. Some people think everyone's journey should be the same as theirs.
The "left" are surely pushing this transgenderism onto children. I'm not saying that everyone who see themselves as being on "the left" is pro-trans for children. There are very few if any conservative republicans pushing the transgender bandwagon up that hill, that overwhelming vast majority are those on the left.

As soon as a young girl expresses confusion of any sort, the trans crowd immediately tell her she is trans. Then it's just a a matter of how quickly can they get you on puberty blockers and schedule your top surgery. Even parents are receiving backback, to lessen their say over making their child's transition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 02:33 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,206,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Why do women take longer in the bathroom?
Women generally have more clothes to remove and replace when they pee. Also take time to put paper on the seat because, you know, they have to sit on disgusting public toilets. That takes more time than just unzipping.
(Yes, some women just squat so they don't have to bother with the paper. ) Some venues haven't figured out they need more toilet stalls for women than for men. Probably because architecture has traditionally been a man's occupation.

I really doubt most healthy people pee 7 or 8 times a day. Maybe you found an article about UTIs. But I do believe women on average pee more often than men.

I believe a locker room can be designed to provide individual showers and changing booths. You seem to think that is not possible.
women don't care about each other enough to not pee on the seat so that they're not "disgusting public toilets"?

I think venues have issues of "efficient use of resources". They'd probably do best to just eliminate urinals, and be able to designate bathrooms by event with signage. My local arena has 8 total large bathrooms, 4 apiece on the main concourse. Meaning, a basketball game at the arena might very well be 70% men, 30% women, and so you'd have 5 mens rooms and 3 ladies rooms. When Taylor Swift comes to town, it might be 7 womens and 1 mens.

As to frequency, I looked at some CDC docs that were for normal people.

It's entirely possible to make a locker room have nothing but a bunch of individual rooms with a locker, toilet, shower. It's just a helluva lot more expensive and you can't have nearly as many in the same amount of space. And then they can't pass that cost onto the membership.

Old 01-16-2023, 02:33 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,782,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Your post sounds like something I heard on NPR this morning. They were trying to make a link between Autism and Gender confusion. There was a young woman on that has mild autism and she said as a child she wasn't interested in the typical "girl" things like playing with dolls.
As a child, I loved the easy bake oven. Not for its ability to cook. But that it made cake. I LOVED cake.

Old 01-16-2023, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sadly, this transgender craze is destroying the lives of many young women. The transgender crowd preyed upon the fact that the girls were going thru the emotional roller coaster of the natural hormonal changes as they experienced puberty. Some of these girls may have been lesbians, if left alone. Others were just girls going thru a questioning period in their lives and would have grown out of the puberty stage and gone on to become adult women, with children and or a professional career.

Instead these girls had their entire lives destroyed, because adults, school admins and strangers on social media convinced them they were secretly men. So they went on chemicals, or had top surgery. They were convinced to stand in a box with their name and pronouns on it, hastily crafted by the leftist trans movement busybodies.
https://www.sdlgbtn.com/more-transge...s-study-finds/

6x the number of men-to-women as women-to-men.

Old 01-16-2023, 02:42 PM

25,948 posts, read 22,098,104 times
As a woman, I am always cautious when using public facilities, as ALL men and women should be, especially those that have children with them.

I don't think a man dressed as man, looking like a man, should fall under the "rules" of transgendered, and this is where I see the issue. I think I heard that before transitioning, someone must dress/act/whatever that gender that they identify with, so in this case, if a masculine looking "female" is in the restroom with me, I don't really care, and neither do I spend a lot of time checking out others in the restroom, and would appreciate others not creeping me out by checking me out! So, the issue is not transgendered, but that the rules need to be tweaked to keep pervs out.

I tend to believe, or give them the benefit of the doubt, that a TF would attempt to be discreet, frankly even as a female, I would get it all covered. Anyone with male genitalia out in view needs to have it in view in the men's facilities. It would be easy enough to be discreet.

I knew a female when I was in the military that was raped by a male. So, her solution was to stay in barracks unless she was at work. She spent a lot of time in the day room with other females watching TV, all sitting in their robes. I was not a part of that group. She was raped there as well. She got a discharge as she couldn't cope and didn't feel safe anywhere. Women can rape women, and men can rape men.

https://www.peaceoverviolence.org/ii...-and-realities

"The vast majority of children are sexually abused by someone they know and trust. It is most often someone who has access to the child and builds some relationship of trust."

"Most sexual assault survivors know the perpetrator. About 70% of female rape or sexual assault survivors state the offender was an intimate, other relative, a friend or an acquaintance (Bureau of Justice Statistics 2005). This includes classmates, coworkers, dates, neighbors, caretakers, family members, husbands and boyfriends."

As I said, I don't "feel" like a woman, and cannot describe such a "feeling", so I guess the OP and I are different, and being different is still allowed, so far. There a constant attack, and not just for the reason of pervs in the women's spaces, on transgendered here.

I have really looked at this issue. Even last week our long time Fed Ex delivery person came to the door, I wanted to catch him to tell him how reliable they were over the other services. As he turned around, he was wearing full makeup to include bright lipstick along with a "skort". This was "new". As I looked into his (I do not know how to address at this point) eyes, he was exactly the same person as he was before.

Old 01-16-2023, 02:55 PM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I think this depends on your denomination.

But if you believe that women are not men's equal, then you should rethink your mindset.
I am not sure the idea that all humans are created equal has really stood the test of time.

Maybe it’s been more useful in some parts of American history than in others.

It seems more like an invented mythology than anything else.

Old 01-16-2023, 03:13 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
...It seems like men “feeling like women” or vice versa, boils down to buying into gender stereotypes and caricatures of womanhood (or manhood) such as makeup, hair and clothes. But makeup, hair and clothes have nothing to do with being a woman.

How does any of this make sense? And how is it not considered offensive to reduce womanhood or manhood into a set of stereotypes?
Interesting question, and one I've encountered personally.

DH's younger brother (2nd of 5 kids) decided back in about '92 that he was going to transition to a woman. I got into a couple of discussions with him and discovered that he "felt like a woman" because he liked to wear women's clothes, makeup, and be "pretty." After a few lengthy conversations, I tried to convince him to just become a transvestite, in large part because his two daughters were still in adolescence and I thought it would have a detrimental impact on them. He proceeded with the change.

It took a couple of years for her to fully undergo her transition, and in the meanwhile she wore heavy make-up, clothes one only usually sees in burlesque, (plunging necklines, push-up bras, mini-skirts, high heels). She grew her hair long, and wore it in a curly, "big hair" style, and bought herself a flashy red BMW convertible. She strained to talk in her throaty, whispery voice, but she managed.

One day, I pointed out to her that she didn't seem to be like any woman I ever knew. No one in my extended acquaintance would look or act in such a way, but she just laughed.

Shortly after her makeover, the folks had a family reunion outside of Park City, UT. She drove up in her flashy car and finery, and made her entrance. Her three brothers (DH included) were a captivated by the car, and the four of them spent the first hour after she arrived with their heads stuck under the hood. When they finally came inside, they joined us girls and Dad in the living room, and then THEY began talking about sports, their various teams, etc. My SiLs and I left them to it and started getting food around and chatting in the kitchen. Suddenly, perceiving the irony, I stepped out to the living room and asked her if she'd like to join us. "No, thanks," she said, "but if you come out this way could you bring me a beer?"

Enough said.

More and more in these unusual times, I am discovering that all too many seem to think being something is the same as appearing like that thing. It's not just transgenders, it is widespread. One sees all sorts of costuming in various situations, somewhat like "Clark Kent and Superman," only in real life -- and try as the person may, "Superman" cannot write a good news story, and "Clark" cannot save anyone. What is scary to me is that I've seen doctors that seem to not have the knowledge to address their patient's concerns, judges that do not seem to know the laws, and so on.

Life seems to be more and more a masquerade in more than JUST appearance.

Old 01-16-2023, 03:17 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,950,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Whoa now.....not all people on the left believe in transgenderism!! I don't. People have got to stop insinuating everyone on the "right" believe this, everyone on the "left" believes that. When folks do this, it is like saying only "left" like pizza and only the "right" like ice-cream.
Unfortunately, there are some posters on here who live for the opportunity to say things like that. They are not usually the ones who carry on a respectful conversation.

Old 01-16-2023, 03:36 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Interesting question, and one I've encountered personally.

DH's younger brother (2nd of 5 kids) decided back in about '92 that he was going to transition to a woman. I got into a couple of discussions with him and discovered that he "felt like a woman" because he liked to wear women's clothes, makeup, and be "pretty." After a few lengthy conversations, I tried to convince him to just become a transvestite, in large part because his two daughters were still in adolescence and I thought it would have a detrimental impact on them. He proceeded with the change.

It took a couple of years for her to fully undergo her transition, and in the meanwhile she wore heavy make-up, clothes one only usually sees in burlesque, (plunging necklines, push-up bras, mini-skirts, high heels). She grew her hair long, and wore it in a curly, "big hair" style, and bought herself a flashy red BMW convertible. She strained to talk in her throaty, whispery voice, but she managed.

One day, I pointed out to her that she didn't seem to be like any woman I ever knew. No one in my extended acquaintance would look or act in such a way, but she just laughed.

Shortly after her makeover, the folks had a family reunion outside of Park City, UT. She drove up in her flashy car and finery, and made her entrance. Her three brothers (DH included) were a captivated by the car, and the four of them spent the first hour after she arrived with their heads stuck under the hood. When they finally came inside, they joined us girls and Dad in the living room, and then THEY began talking about sports, their various teams, etc. My SiLs and I left them to it and started getting food around and chatting in the kitchen. Suddenly, perceiving the irony, I stepped out to the living room and asked her if she'd like to join us. "No, thanks," she said, "but if you come out this way could you bring me a beer?"

Enough said.

More and more in these unusual times, I am discovering that all too many seem to think being something is the same as appearing like that thing. It's not just transgenders, it is widespread. One sees all sorts of costuming in various situations, somewhat like "Clark Kent and Superman," only in real life -- and try as the person may, "Superman" cannot write a good news story, and "Clark" cannot save anyone. What is scary to me is that I've seen doctors that seem to not have the knowledge to address their patient's concerns, judges that do not seem to know the laws, and so on.

Life seems to be more and more a masquerade in more than JUST appearance.
I had a friend who’s husband was a cross dresser. He would get dolled up and go out with his other cross dressing friends to dance clubs. I think he liked being seen as a sexy woman and absolutely think it was a sexual fetish for him. It was his altar ego.

Old 01-16-2023, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Unfortunately, there are some posters on here who live for the opportunity to say things like that. They are not usually the ones who carry on a respectful conversation.
you are correct, and they come in "both" varieties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies