Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2023, 06:17 PM

1,368 posts, read 491,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The last part of your post has been the main point people have been making. Allowing men to use women's bathroom, showers and private spaces, was always a concern. The concern has been, and still is, that perverts will pretend they are trans, to creep on women and little girls. To gain the opportunity to video them is stages of undress, or simply to rape and molest them.
Why is there a dispute about this? You would think the sane trans would see the folly as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2023, 06:34 PM

3,339 posts, read 1,834,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
All this. Trans people use to do their own thing now it's sports and bathrooms and your a bigot if you don't want to change with a man. Nobody really cared until the dems hijacked the group.
Actually Transgenderism blossomed within academia from where it soon hijacked the left.

Along with Planned Parenthood... which offered classes a while back to 'educate' lesbians to be more accepting of women with penises. (I kid you not.) But they seem to have moved on to dispensing 'T' and 'E' like mints to any teenager who walks thru the door.

And quickly colonized the ACLU which files amicus briefs any chance it gets to promote radical trans policies in law.

And hitched Lambda Legal Defense Fund, a formerly gay focused organization, to the trans-train.

And turned GAY pride marches into PRIDE marches with vulgar floats urging TERFs to suck their huge trans *****.

And replaced formerly gay and lesbian campus groups into 'GenderQueer and Sexuality Alliances'.

And captured even the most centrist organizations like NOW into mouthpieces that proclaim "Trans-women ARE Women'!

History will not look kindly on these betrayals but that is a book that cannot be written soon enough.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 01-17-2023 at 06:53 PM..

Old 01-17-2023, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Unfortunately, there are some posters on here who live for the opportunity to say things like that. They are not usually the ones who carry on a respectful conversation.
And the pubs on here get called all kinds of cool stuff! Lol

Old 01-17-2023, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Some confuse "gender" with "biological sex", and they are different. You are born with a biological sex, male, female or intersex. That is the science. Gender is more a "social" construct, so the possibilities are endless so it seems.

I think "gender" is a personal thing, like unique to the individual. I also think when it is not a part of the person's biology/psychology, not meaning male or female, that is part of a fad. It's cool to be unique! Sadly, this takes away from those that actually have some biological differences that cause them to identify the way they do, it sort of dilutes and distorts true trangenderism.
Gender is not personal. Lol

Old 01-17-2023, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
And I never said all black people should act a certain way or all people should fit in boxes. Follow your own philosophy sir, or are you admitting you lost an argument, and tried to scape goat with Biden ?

There is no one on the left pushinig "transgenderism"
Keep denying reality

Old 01-17-2023, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I'm a male, and a man, and I could never be a female, or a woman, even if I had any inclination or desire to be. Just like I could not identify as a different height, or skin color or etc. These are just unchosen facts of life. We're all dealt a hand to play.

But, I think if someone does have this inclination to live their life as the other gender and be identified/treated as such, I'm not sure if we should go so far as to consider that to be necessarily a mental illness, something not genuine, or not respect their desire as such, which is really their own business. Maybe it's just part of the diversity of human society. Perhaps some people are trans-gender, just like some people are more masculine or feminine, or non-binary/androgynous somewhere in the middle, and also some people are attracted to their own sex, or to both sexes.

A guy can't become an actual, natural woman. You'll never see me argue for that. That's ridiculous. But, why can't we at least meet them halfway and acknowledge their being a trans person, a trans woman, and not insist that they have to be a man. I'm asking that genuinely, would be interested to hear anyone's fair and mature thoughts or take on it. Let's have an open-minded discussion on this topic fairly, and put political camps and affiliations (and religious beliefs) all aside.
I think most people here want to live and let live. I'm guessing most would, in person, use a person's chosen name if that's asked. I think most here don't want to ban or otherwise mess with people who are different. I believe something is going on with alot of trans folks that is legit. The problem becomes when the ridiculous is asked of us. Such as pretending that trans swimmer (I have my suspicions about that one but for another thread) was a woman and just letting him womp all the women. He should have had enough self respect, and respect for the sport to bugger off. But he and some crazed people fought tooth and nail to force him in there. It was bizzare. And we see alot of this now. And it's working people up. Then we have moved into bathrooms and locker rooms. What self respecting adult man would do that? Don't care if you think your a girl,, you know better than to disrobe infront of a little girl. It's sick. This works people up.

If they just kept to themselves, made their own leagues, quit trying to hijack private spaces we would not be having this conversation. And by denying their biology can get away with whatever they want. Man in women's prison. Men in girls locker rooms. Never thought I'd see the day. Lines must be drawn in REALITY and not what they want. Naked men and little girls is a big old f no. Line drawn.

And the fact that we HAVE to dispute over this is absurd and that also, works people up.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:07 PM

38,139 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Whoa now.....not all people on the left believe in transgenderism!! I don't. People have got to stop insinuating everyone on the "right" believe this, everyone on the "left" believes that. When folks do this, it is like saying only "left" like pizza and only the "right" like ice-cream.
It's a generalization, so stop freaking out.

You and I both know that it's people who are overwhelmingly the left, who are promoting and championing the trans movement, pushing CRT to be taught in schools, pushing drag queens to entertain children. It is the Democrats on left doing this. If you see yourself on the left and you object to these things, maybe you need to rethink who you identify with and who you vote for in upcoming elections.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:13 PM

38,139 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
I think most people here want to live and let live. I'm guessing most would, in person, use a person's chosen name if that's asked. I think most here don't want to ban or otherwise mess with people who are different. I believe something is going on with alot of trans folks that is legit. The problem becomes when the ridiculous is asked of us. Such as pretending that trans swimmer (I have my suspicions about that one but for another thread) was a woman and just letting him womp all the women. He should have had enough self respect, and respect for the sport to bugger off. But he and some crazed people fought tooth and nail to force him in there. It was bizzare. And we see alot of this now. And it's working people up. Then we have moved into bathrooms and locker rooms. What self respecting adult man would do that? Don't care if you think your a girl,, you know better than to disrobe infront of a little girl. It's sick. This works people up.

If they just kept to themselves, made their own leagues, quit trying to hijack private spaces we would not be having this conversation. And by denying their biology can get away with whatever they want. Man in women's prison. Men in girls locker rooms. Never thought I'd see the day. Lines must be drawn in REALITY and not what they want. Naked men and little girls is a big old f no. Line drawn.

And the fact that we HAVE to dispute over this is absurd and that also, works people up.
You can be a Democrat. You can even be a Democrat who feels comfortable saying you are a leftist. But you can still be and individual, and be opposed to the insanity that is the woke cancel culture, and be opposed to the insanity of allowing biological men to be let into women's intimate spaces, and competing in women's sporting events.

A lot of Democrats need to step away from the insanity of their political party leaders. You cannot support and endorse these people and then be upset when the rest of us lump you in with the people you support. If you do not want to be lumped in with those who support the transgender insanity going on, then stop supporting these people.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:20 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,535,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sadly, this transgender craze is destroying the lives of many young women. The transgender crowd preyed upon the fact that the girls were going thru the emotional roller coaster of the natural hormonal changes as they experienced puberty. Some of these girls may have been lesbians, if left alone. Others were just girls going thru a questioning period in their lives and would have grown out of the puberty stage and gone on to become adult women, with children and or a professional career.

Instead these girls had their entire lives destroyed, because adults, school admins and strangers on social media convinced them they were secretly men. So they went on chemicals, or had top surgery. They were convinced to stand in a box with their name and pronouns on it, hastily crafted by the leftist trans movement busybodies.
Great post. Spot on.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:21 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,266,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Some confuse "gender" with "biological sex", and they are different. You are born with a biological sex, male, female or intersex. That is the science. Gender is more a "social" construct, so the possibilities are endless so it seems.

I think "gender" is a personal thing, like unique to the individual. I also think when it is not a part of the person's biology/psychology, not meaning male or female, that is part of a fad. It's cool to be unique! Sadly, this takes away from those that actually have some biological differences that cause them to identify the way they do, it sort of dilutes and distorts true trangenderism.
any advocate can try to gaslight 300MM people (just in the US) into drawing a distinction that never before existed between male and female; call it sex, call it gender. For decades, official forms and documents and 300MM people never had differing categories for sex and gender. Sexual preference? Sure, maybe 50 years.

Since transwomen are what, 6-1 to transmen (and frankly, men laugh and don't care about transmen, it's what actual men are) and since women have fought for both recognition and equal treatment for years, the base reality is that everybody should be coming out against the fake/mentally-ill transwomen. And it's edging that way neither slowly nor quickly - they dare attack LGB's for not embracing and equalizing them, they dare attack all women who don't support them as TERF's.

And one day, the 0.3% roughly of actual transgenders will realize that there's not 'strength in numbers".

There has to be a day when sanity prevails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies