Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 08:24 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times

Advertisements

When a male says that he feels like or thinks like a woman and hence must be a woman, what does that mean? How does a woman feel? How does a woman think?

When a woman says she feels like a man, what does that mean? How does a man think and feel?

When someone says that they are non binary? What does that mean?

It seems like men “feeling like women” or vice versa, boils down to buying into gender stereotypes and caricatures of womanhood (or manhood) such as makeup, hair and clothes. But makeup, hair and clothes have nothing to do with being a woman.

How does any of this make sense? And how is it not considered offensive to reduce womanhood or manhood into a set of stereotypes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdWind View Post
It’s like saying “I feel like a human being”.

It’s gibberish and makes no sense.
As human beings at least we know what being a human being is because we are human. I don’t know how a male knows what it feels like to be a woman or vice versa.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:33 AM

24,468 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Your post sounds like something I heard on NPR this morning. They were trying to make a link between Autism and Gender confusion. There was a young woman on that has mild autism and she said as a child she wasn't interested in the typical "girl" things like playing with dolls. As an adult she is not sure if she "feels" like a woman but as you suggest OP what does feeling like a woman really mean?

Shania Twain knows with her hit song "Man, I feel like a woman". but I guess for some they are still searching for the feeling?

The woman on NPR now identifies as non binary.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:35 AM

8,751 posts, read 5,044,272 times
So if you area man, and you enjoy knitting does that make you a women, or if you are a women and you like to fish and hunt, or work on cars, does that make you a man......of course not. You are what you are at birth......and you will be that when you die.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:36 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
You'd have to ask a man who believes he feels like a woman. Asking the general public isn't going to provide you with an accurate answer.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Your post sounds like something I heard on NPR this morning. They were trying to make a link between Autism and Gender confusion. There was a young woman on that has mild autism and she said as a child she wasn't interested in the typical "girl" things like playing with dolls. As an adult she is not sure if she "feels" like a woman but as you suggest OP what does feeling like a woman really mean?

Shania Twain knows with her hit song "Man, I feel like a woman". but I guess for some they are still searching for the feeling?

The woman on NPR now identifies as non binary.
Interestingly, there really is an autism connection to identifying as non binary or trans. Among kids and teens identifying as the opposite sex or non binary most are on the spectrum.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You'd have to ask a man who believes he feels like a woman. Asking the general public isn't going to provide you with an accurate answer.
I have asked this question and have never gotten an answer.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:44 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,985,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
You are what you are at birth......and you will be that when you die.
And if you are born trans, trans you will be.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:46 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,618,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I have asked this question and have never gotten an answer.
Why don't you ask a Transgendered person instead of us who are not?

Old 01-15-2023, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why don't you ask a Transgendered person instead of us who are not?
How do you know that there are no trans or non binary people on here? There definitely are. There are also a lot of people who strongly support this ideology on here who should be able to answer.

You can also answer as to what it means to feel like a woman if you are a woman and you can answer as to what it feels like to be a man, if you are a man. This isn’t just a question for trans or non binary people.

I don’t understand why some are getting defensive over these questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies