Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2023, 09:25 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,239,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
No, you don't need to ask at all. The individual knows what he or she "feels" or doesn't "feel". It's really no one else's business.

so, what is a woman?

How does a woman feel?

You see, this is where the dead end always comes. "I am a woman because..." cannot be answered beyond "because I feel like one" yet then they cannot tell you what a woman "feels".

I've already laid out all of the scientific qualifications needed to BE a woman or be a trans.

Here's your "popular survey" https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...gned-at-birth/

It claims 5% of 18-29 ID as either trans (2%) or non-binary (3%).

Yet as soon as we escape to 30-49, it drops like a rock to 1.6% (the same 0.3% trans, and 0.3% is at least supported from the data I provided upthread). And over 50 only dips slightly on trans (0.2%).

So, unless one can identify the environmental factor that has caused biological change (microplastics! preservatives!) or brain function change, the obvious answer is CHOICE and or dysphoria/mental illness that is accepted instead of overcome through therapy. What has happened to THIS cohort born between 1992 and 2003?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 09:27 AM

25,874 posts, read 18,882,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
And if you are born trans, trans you will be.
If you were born a horse and you think you are a cow... a cow you will be!

Old 01-16-2023, 09:47 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,529,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
so, what is a woman?

How does a woman feel?

You see, this is where the dead end always comes. "I am a woman because..." cannot be answered beyond "because I feel like one" yet then they cannot tell you what a woman "feels".

I've already laid out all of the scientific qualifications needed to BE a woman or be a trans.

Here's your "popular survey" https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...gned-at-birth/

It claims 5% of 18-29 ID as either trans (2%) or non-binary (3%).

Yet as soon as we escape to 30-49, it drops like a rock to 1.6% (the same 0.3% trans, and 0.3% is at least supported from the data I provided upthread). And over 50 only dips slightly on trans (0.2%).

So, unless one can identify the environmental factor that has caused biological change (microplastics! preservatives!) or brain function change, the obvious answer is CHOICE and or dysphoria/mental illness that is accepted instead of overcome through therapy. What has happened to THIS cohort born between 1992 and 2003?
Liberal indoctrination by parents and in schools.
Many, if not most kids go thru a period as 4/5 yr olds where they play dress up with mommy's or daddy's clothes and " try on" a make believe person and also go thru a stage at the beginning of puberty where they rrsent their body changing. Girls feel uncomfortable developing breasts,and the attention that generates, boys dislike feeling like they need to " be a man". Their world is suddenly changing and their role in society is changing. The neighbor boys may no longer want girls hanging around them. Girls become catty, judgemental of other girls and cliquish. They don't know who they are at that time of life.
A teacher/Social media, liberal/virtue signalling parent can easily encourage these kids that they would feel more comfortable being another gender, and that the cause of their confusion/unhappiness with themselves/their body is because they are actually the other gender. Desperate for acceptance, they go along with it. And become the woke public's darling, and off limits to bullying because they are now protected. The narrcistic mom's of these kids have clout now...the ultimate in woke acceptance.
We are seriously doing our kids an injustice.

Old 01-16-2023, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It means he feels like he imagines a woman feels.
which is one of the cruxes of the problem. It's imagination. It's how we get furries (people who proclaim they are an animal) and demand acceptance now and perhaps one day accomodation. It's not just calling a transwoman "she", it is following whatever their chosen pronouns like xe, zey, ey, eir, etc.

Quote:
I know a young adult who is a transwoman. Has been taking estrogen for a few years now and has developed breasts, more curvy hips and a softer look about the face. She has also had hair removal treatments. This person told me she feels so much better about her body now. She has not had surgery yet, as far as I know. She completed college and has almost completed a master's degree. Works fulltime in software development in a relatively new area. Doing very well financially.

Does it really matter if she feels like a woman? She likes her own body now.
good for her. She feels better about herself. Nothing wrong with any human adult feeling better about themselves. And it sounds like - based on what you've said, that all of this transition has occurred while she was an adult. Certainly past puberty.

Ask her next time if she is sexually attracted to: hetero men, gay men, hetero females, gay females, transmen or transwomen. And ask her what she feels about any of the first 4 that would express a lack of attraction to her.

Quote:
I think your issue has nothing to do with how people "feel" about themselves. Your issue is with pervs who pretend to be trans so they can invade women's spaces. We do hear news reports about that occassionally, but I have to wonder how often that happens in real life.

I also wonder why gyms and YMCAs still have open changing rooms and group showers. Does it really cost so much to put up partitions for changing clothes? Every clothing store has privacy rooms for trying on clothes. But gyms can't do that?
Let me relate the locker room at my private club, just because I know the size. In a 1,200 sqft space, there are 248 assigned lockers. Typical top/bottom locker in several U's with a bench in the middle. That's 5 sqft allocation/locker, but each U only has 90 sqft of open space for 42 lockers. What happens to the partition for the top locker? How are you going to have a partition every 2 feet?

Does a gym/YMCA have the minimum amount of lockers (2 - 1 for men, 1 for women), the maximum amount of lockers (fire code occupancy, all individuals), or do you think they have an idea of what their most frequent large occupancy is - like say 250 people from 6 am to 8:30 am? I can tell you about a Y, I can't tell you about a fitness center. There are times you won't find a locker because there are more folks there than expcted.

What you're really suggesting, even though you don't realize it, is that they ACCOMMODATE the family locker room, the transmen locker room, the transwoman locker room, and in theory the non-binaries would accept 1 locker room for themselves. Surely a transman would join the gym that had "his" locker room. But does the gym build just locker, toilet, shower combinations for 1? Because you can't slap a label "This locker for Transwomen/Men" on it, it's just called "Single Occupant Unisex Locker". And you either have ONLY this type of locker (and about 1/5 the locker capacity) or you've got heteros occupying those lockers first, because hey, who doesn't like privacy?

Old 01-16-2023, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Being able to claim that you “feel like” a women when you are a man is directly connected to the problems that I mentioned. There is no separating the two. Cause and effect.

Not all men are sexual predators but a portion of them are. That includes a portion of men who identify as women. The idea that that only threat is from those who pretend to be trans to gain access (a very real and legitimate concern) discounts the reality that there are trans woman who are also sexual predators. Before you go crazy, I am not saying all transwoman are sexual predators but a portion of them are, because they are men and a portion of men are sexual predators.
and not all women are sexual predators - and in fact I'm sure a lower % than men are - but some of them are. Just to be thorough.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,771,381 times
Quote:
and not all women are sexual predators - and in fact I'm sure a lower % than men are - but some of them are. Just to be thorough.
True. There are some women who are sexual predators. Statistics tell us that between 1% and 9% are female. 91% to 99% are male. We know that men are much stronger than women (biological fact) too so it’s easier for a male to overpower a female. Women and girls are at risk when males are invited into these spaces.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:09 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,970,806 times
Quote:
which is one of the cruxes of the problem. It's imagination. It's how we get furries (people who proclaim they are an animal) and demand acceptance now and perhaps one day accomodation. It's not just calling a transwoman "she", it is following whatever their chosen pronouns like xe, zey, ey, eir, etc.

good for her. She feels better about herself. Nothing wrong with any human adult feeling better about themselves. And it sounds like - based on what you've said, that all of this transition has occurred while she was an adult. Certainly past puberty.

Ask her next time if she is sexually attracted to: hetero men, gay men, hetero females, gay females, transmen or transwomen. And ask her what she feels about any of the first 4 that would express a lack of attraction to her.

Let me relate the locker room at my private club, just because I know the size. In a 1,200 sqft space, there are 248 assigned lockers. Typical top/bottom locker in several U's with a bench in the middle. That's 5 sqft allocation/locker, but each U only has 90 sqft of open space for 42 lockers. What happens to the partition for the top locker? How are you going to have a partition every 2 feet?

Does a gym/YMCA have the minimum amount of lockers (2 - 1 for men, 1 for women), the maximum amount of lockers (fire code occupancy, all individuals), or do you think they have an idea of what their most frequent large occupancy is - like say 250 people from 6 am to 8:30 am? I can tell you about a Y, I can't tell you about a fitness center. There are times you won't find a locker because there are more folks there than expcted.

What you're really suggesting, even though you don't realize it, is that they ACCOMMODATE the family locker room, the transmen locker room, the transwoman locker room, and in theory the non-binaries would accept 1 locker room for themselves. Surely a transman would join the gym that had "his" locker room. But does the gym build just locker, toilet, shower combinations for 1? Because you can't slap a label "This locker for Transwomen/Men" on it, it's just called "Single Occupant Unisex Locker". And you either have ONLY this type of locker (and about 1/5 the locker capacity) or you've got heteros occupying those lockers first, because hey, who doesn't like privacy?
Who said individual changing rooms had to be by the lockers? You can't carry your clothes across the room to a changing booth?

Old 01-16-2023, 10:15 AM

27,627 posts, read 28,723,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
The idea of ​​"feeling like a woman" doesn't make sense to me. Being a woman is not a feeling.

But these are strange times.
People can feel like whatever they want to feel like in the privacy of their thoughts.

It's when they try to force other people to accept the way they feel and change their ways that things become problematic.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Who said individual changing rooms had to be by the lockers? You can't carry your clothes across the room to a changing booth?
you also mentioned showers.

Do you think women's restrooms at event spaces (theaters, athletic arenas/stadiums) are more crowded with longer lines because more women go to the bathroom more frequently? Do you think the dedicated square feet is smaller still? Or is it that all the individual stalls allow for about 1/4 fewer total "outlets"? Scientifically (can't believe I looked this up) women void a median 8 times a day and men 7. That 1x day, when considered against the length of an event, would not explain crowded womens' room lines.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,771,381 times
It would be insanely cost prohibitive to alter all locker rooms just so men, who already have their own locker room could use the women’s locker room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies