Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2023, 07:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think a straight person with limited exposure to folks who identify as trans or non-binary can express their feelings on what this issue but - not sure it would be an accurate representation of how individuals with gender identity issues feel.

I wish we did have folks here to share their experiences that are different than most of us. But reality we don't...and haven't.
What does it feel like for you, to “feel like” a man or a woman?

The Dr. Phil episode I shared had two non binary guests who do trainings on gender identity as a career yet they couldn’t even answer this very basic question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 07:54 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

The Dr. Phil episode I shared had two non binary guests who do trainings on gender identity as a career yet they couldn’t even answer this very basic question.
When asking "what does it feel like to be a man (or woman or a binary)?" is the same as asking "what does it feel like to be you?"

I don't think anyone can really answer that. I feel like me. I have always felt like me. I have never felt like anyone else, so I have no way to compare. Basically, it's an impossible question to answer.

Old 01-16-2023, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
When asking "what does it feel like to be a man (or woman or a binary)?" is the same as asking "what does it feel like to be you?"

I don't think anyone can really answer that. I feel like me. I have always felt like me. I have never felt like anyone else, so I have no way to compare. Basically, it's an impossible question to answer.
So what does it mean when a man tells you that he feels like a woman?

Old 01-16-2023, 08:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:

Right because what it means to be...anything... is not one specific answer. It could be a million things to a million people.

Giving one answer might stereotype the whole thing......

So it isn't one answer.

Old 01-16-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Right because what it means to be...anything... is not one specific answer. It could be a million things to a million people.

Giving one answer might stereotype the whole thing......

So it isn't one answer.
I asked what it feels like for you personally. A few people have attempted to answer (myself included) and everyone else has scoffed at the question yet the same who scoff tell us that if a man says he feels like a women we have to accept it as fact and that means women have to welcome him into their bathrooms, locker rooms, shelters, jails, prisons, etc.

Old 01-16-2023, 08:41 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
A bioman doesn't know what it feels like to be a woman either, even if they claim to identify as one. Its like asking a person w/body dysmorphia/anorexic what it feels like to be a morbidly obese person. They don't know in reality. They assume/guess.
Being a woman is more than boobs, makeup, heels, and dresses. This " identifying" stuff seems like gender blackface and minimizes/makes a mockery of women.
Gender blackface. You may be right. The future generations may not look back kindly on all of this.

Old 01-16-2023, 08:57 AM

Quote:
It means he feels like he imagines a woman feels.

I know a young adult who is a transwoman. Has been taking estrogen for a few years now and has developed breasts, more curvy hips and a softer look about the face. She has also had hair removal treatments. This person told me she feels so much better about her body now. She has not had surgery yet, as far as I know. She completed college and has almost completed a master's degree. Works fulltime in software development in a relatively new area. Doing very well financially.

Does it really matter if she feels like a woman? She likes her own body now.
So if it is just a figment of his imagination, why are we supposed to give up our safety, privacy, and fairness and pretend he can be a woman if he says he feels like a woman?

Lots of people struggle with body dysmorphia. Women get breast and butt implants to feel better in their bodies, some get Botox to feel better, others get lip injections to feel better or dye their hair to feel better. Some people get liposuction to feel better, some take hormones and get surgery to try to appear as the opposite sex to feel better. I say go for it, if it makes you feel better but surgery and hormones don’t make a man a woman and vice versa. We cannot and should not deny reality.

If trans people did not demand access to women’s spaces there would not be a problem but in recent years they have and this is a major problem because it tramples all over the rights of women and girls. As a woman how can you be on board with this?

Old 01-16-2023, 09:04 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
So if it is just a figment of his imagination, why are we supposed to give up our safety, privacy, and fairness and pretend he can be a woman if he says he feels like a woman?

Lots of people struggle with body dysmorphia. Women get breast and butt implants to feel better in their bodies, some get Botox to feel better, others get lip injections to feel better or dye their hair to feel better. Some people get liposuction to feel better, some take hormones and get surgery to try to appear as the opposite sex to feel better. I say go for it, if it makes you feel better but surgery and hormones don’t make a man a woman and vice versa. We cannot and should not deny reality.

If trans people did not demand access to women’s spaces there would not be a problem but in recent years they have and this is a major problem because it tramples all over the rights of women and girls. As a woman how can you be on board with this?
I think your issue has nothing to do with how people "feel" about themselves. Your issue is with pervs who pretend to be trans so they can invade women's spaces. We do hear news reports about that occassionally, but I have to wonder how often that happens in real life.

I also wonder why gyms and YMCAs still have open changing rooms and group showers. Does it really cost so much to put up partitions for changing clothes? Every clothing store has privacy rooms for trying on clothes. But gyms can't do that?

Old 01-16-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I think your issue has nothing to do with how people "feel" about themselves. Your issue is with pervs who pretend to be trans so they can invade women's spaces. We do hear news reports about that occassionally, but I have to wonder how often that happens in real life.

I also wonder why gyms and YMCAs still have open changing rooms and group showers. Does it really cost so much to put up partitions for changing clothes? Every clothing store has privacy rooms for trying on clothes. But gyms can't do that?
Being able to claim that you “feel like” a women when you are a man is directly connected to the problems that I mentioned. There is no separating the two. Cause and effect.

Not all men are sexual predators but a portion of them are. That includes a portion of men who identify as women. The idea that that only threat is from those who pretend to be trans to gain access (a very real and legitimate concern) discounts the reality that there are trans woman who are also sexual predators. Before you go crazy, I am not saying all transwoman are sexual predators but a portion of them are, because they are men and a portion of men are sexual predators.

Old 01-16-2023, 09:17 AM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
A man cannot feel what its like to be a woman because he is not a woman, same for vice versa. He will never know the feel of birthing a baby. He will never know the feeling of period cramps. he will never know the feeling of menopause.

Meanwhile a woman cannot feel like a man - when a man has the natural ability to be a strong leader, to fight in the war, to feel like he is responsible to protect his family .. oh yes a woman can do that, but its different for a man.

I say this - women are the nurturing sex and men are the strong protectors and leaders. Women and men can switch those roles sometimes, as we have men who are nurturing, and women who have been leaders, but the norm (the old fashioned Bible norm) was this. God made people to have different roles in life, for the purpose of keeping life going on this planet. But some do not like this norm out of rebellion, (and some out of necessity like when the husband dies, the wife has to take over somewhat).

Still, it was a good system for all the years it lasted.

But even deeper, biology dictates who is a man and who is a woman based on the X & Y chromosomes and the way the body is built. Women's hips are different than a man, she has ovaries and wombs, and more fat than a man because her body was built to bear a child... and be attractive to a man.. Meanwhile, a man was built with narrow hips, different pelvis, a prostrate, all for his role in life.

A person who claims to be some other invented "gender" cannot produce a womb, or ovary, or whatever, with all the makeup, fashion, etc.. He will never be a female.

You know, a lot of the confusion nowadays is "how i feel". That is what is dictating social norms these days. "how I feel" is the key to how to get messed up in life. If you do "how i feel" to some things, you can get into lots of trouble. It also defies what is a fact. The phrase "I am living my truth" is saying "I go by feelings".. If you go by your feelings in life, as your guide, you will be messed up. You cant go by you feelings all the time. its like saying 'I dont feel like gravity exists".. try jumping off a roof, then you know your feelings are flawed.

people who have gone thru surgery to change their appearance to appear like the other sex - oftentimes realize its a mistake because it does not change how messed up they feel about their own body. Surgery does not help your mental state. Same like surgery for obesity. it does not kill the cravings. Same thing here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies