Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 07:27 PM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Well, feelings are mental. So I don’t see the problem labeling it as a mental condition that I do not really understand. However, I won’t classify it as a mental illness, just as I wouldn’t classify a phobia such as fear as heights as a mental illness.
Fear of heights is not unjustified. People get hurt all the time, falling from heights of just six feet. So no, it's not an illness to have a fear of heights which could injury you if you fell and landed the wrong way.

Believing you need to have body parts you were born with, removed, body parts that every male child is born with, is a mental illness. People who think their arms or legs need to be removed, is also a mental illness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2023, 07:28 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,237,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
So, there are like Infinity genders? Is that what the claim is?
Yes.

moneill has said "there could be a million different feelings/definitions". Therefore, we must recognize and accommodate them all.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I’m a lesbian trapped in a mans body..
remember when that was a stupid joke?

Old 01-17-2023, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The bottom line is that they be treated with equal respect. There is much violence, hate, ridicule, harassment, bias etc against these folks. Why ? So now there’s a push back and there will be until people settle down. It’s happened with race, women, ethnicity, cultures , music even dam food. Some just can’t handle different and can’t stand change. But it will come, history proves that.
who is "they" and what defines "equal respect"?

Old 01-17-2023, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
No one I know, including TERFs, hates on individuals who choose to live as the other sex. That has been happening throughout history.

The problem, indeed the crisis we face now, is that Trans Rights Activists expect to be accepted as FULL FLEDGED GENUINE WOMEN IN ALL RESPECTS.

Women's identified spaces must NOT be compromised to affirm the feelings of men who claim to be women.

Gay people must not be ostracized for refusing trans folks as sex partners based on biology.

Children MUST be allowed to grow up before selecting a lifetime of medicalization as a transgender.

We ALL must be allowed to discuss and disagree publicly without the hateful protests, assaults on character and threats to one's livelihood that attend the 'No Debate!' policy of Trans-activists and their allies.

That is what is at stake in this battle.. NOT their right to dress as whores, handmaidens or housewives.
can't rep again.

for any of the participants in this thread -are you all aware that transwomen proclaim that anyone hetero or homsexual that expresses a lack of interest sexually in them to be "transphobe"?

Old 01-17-2023, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I'm a liberal, straight guy, who often comes to the defense of trans people when it comes to right-wingers, and even I have been accused of 'transphobia', by the far-left, hyper-woke 'progressives' (the regressive left), simply because I'm not attracted to/not interested in dating trans women. Just simply for that.

It's like, first of all, I thought it was us on the left who not long ago (and correctly) emphasized that people don't choose who they are attracted to or not, when we were defending and advocating for gay rights, during that whole equality movement. But now I'm supposed to be able to suddenly consciously choose who I'm attracted to? I'm straight. Period. I'm attracted to actual, natural women. Trans women are just not that. I'll defend them being legitimately trans, and they may not even be men, but they're just not women. Physically or otherwise. I like them as friends, but I'm not interested in them like that.

The attaching of '-phobia' to everything is another trend that irritates me, especially since they don't mean it correctly. They don't mean it as 'fear of', which is what 99.9% of words ending in -phobia mean. A phobia is a fear. Even those with anti-trans viewpoints (like many of the posters around here), are not necessarily all trans 'phobic'. Unless they have, like some kind of emotional aversion to trans people.
You are liberal, but you're not progressive enough for that wing of your party. And it's OK to not agree with the furthest wing of you general political party.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
All this. Trans people use to do their own thing now it's sports and bathrooms and your a bigot if you don't want to change with a man. Nobody really cared until the dems hijacked the group.
well, I'm willing to give "the Dems" a pass here. It's the far-left progressives who are pushing this. Now, many Dems in politics don't dare cross their latest demographic group. But in their hearts and minds, they know this is an inane goose chase.

Old 01-17-2023, 08:02 PM

35,738 posts, read 21,100,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
who is "they" and what defines "equal respect"?
What does our constitution say about our “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.” Is this not how we should live, unless it truly harms another?
Well some think it only applies to them. Do I think anything and everything goes? No, not everything is expedient or wise. I respect what your thoughts or opinions are, but ask that you do likewise of those you don’t understand. Didn’t say you had to like it, but we all have to practice tolerance. We shouldn’t accept bullying or violence etc against trans or anyone - really.

Old 01-17-2023, 08:11 PM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
can't rep again.

for any of the participants in this thread -are you all aware that transwomen proclaim that anyone hetero or homsexual that expresses a lack of interest sexually in them to be "transphobe"?
I have watched those people say that on YouTube videos. Do these people every take into account that maybe most men might see them as unattractive, extremely masculine women? If the transwoan is not an attractive woman, then men will not want to date her.

The average transwoman does not have a woman's voice, body, face / skeletal structure, or women's breasts and legs. A lot of men are not even interested in a woman with breast, lip or butt implants. Even bigger boned women who are traditionally a Tomboy, still have the feminine features and mannerisms that most men find attractive.

Old 01-17-2023, 08:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,769,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What does our constitution say about our “life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.” Is this not how we should live, unless it truly harms another?
Well some think it only applies to them. Do I think anything and everything goes? No, not everything is expedient or wise. I respect what your thoughts or opinions are, but ask that you do likewise of those you don’t understand. Didn’t say you had to like it, but we all have to practice tolerance. We shouldn’t accept bullying or violence etc against trans or anyone - really.
Men pretending to be women cause harm to girls and women when they demand access to our locker rooms, bathrooms, prisons, sports, shelters, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies