Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 09:21 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,128,491 times

Advertisements

Today is the only day you're proud to be an American? You might want to think about relocating.

This thread is completely trolling. If you want to write the president, contact him here: Contact the White House | The White House
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 09:22 PM

563 posts, read 519,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Google it. I don't do other people's homework...
In other words, lots is an understatement.....

Old 12-22-2010, 09:26 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,249,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
The will of the people in the US did not support school integration or interracial marriage and it was a significant majority. In both world wars blacks had separate barracks, eating areas etc. They were not allowed to integrate with their fellow service men and women of a lighter hue. Todays people, except for the few diehards, show a majority believes in full equal rights for gays. Those equal rights should be a given and not up to the majority to decide wether we deserve them or not. WE GAYS AND LESBIANS ARE SICK AND TIRED OF FIGHTING FOR OUR EQUAL RIGHTS..We pay taxes the same as everyone else and get the short end of the stick when it comes to equal treatment.
AMEN! A lot of people you never see on CNN worked very hard to make this happen. Remember and appreciate those who struggled for decades to make it happen. Gay marriage will the final hate mongering pillar to fall. We will no longer beg for our rights.

Google: "Anyone too young to remember Stonewall would be shocked to learn just how utterly all-pervasive (and virtually unchallenged) discrimination against gays and lesbians was in every aspect of life"

Old 12-22-2010, 09:38 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
What amazes me about DADT and it's repeal is the fact that we are telling our professional troops who we entrust with our lives that we really can't trust them sexually! We know the military has a code of jusice so what makes people think that Gays who serve honorably are somehow going to go on some hedonistic sex splurge?
that is the big question. the gay rights crowd keeps saying that gays are already in, and serving honorably. That is probably true (although we don't know how many). BUT, there have been thousands of other gays who have not served honorably. The new law will cause major headaches for discipline and conduct. Gays now think they have the right to act gay. How do you tell gays that they are allowed to be "open", but still must maintain their military bearing? I'm sure there are military leaders working right now to draft some new wording that clearly states what is acceptable and what is not. I predict that gays who actually join will not like it.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:42 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,238,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"The poll results show that 77% of Americans favor repeal of DADT. Those numbers include significant majorities of Democrats, Republicans and Independents. Even white evangelical Christians support repeal by a wide margin.
86% of Democrats favor repeal. Among Republicans, 74% favor repeal. Independents, like Republicans, favor repeal with 74% in support. 70% of evangelicals favor repeal. Among self identified liberal Democrats and conservative Republicans the majorities favoring repeal are 92% and 67% respectively."

The only polls that count are election results. This bill would never have passed in the next session. The next election will result in a veto proof legislature and this will be repealed.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It's about time heroism is measured by the person, not by the person's sexual orientation. Kudos.
carter, I agree with your statement. But, you are looking at this all wrong. If gays really feel this way then they would feel the need to tell everyone that they are gay. That was the beauty of DADT. Nobody was stopping gays from serving except gays themselves. By repealing DADT, they are puting their sexual orientation ahead of their service. It seems as though gays have their priorities mixed up.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
I will respond to a few here......I get "it", I just don't agree with it. So, let me ask you Smash and the others whose panties are in a wad.....how many G&L friends, and I mean real friends do you have? Not aquaintences......I actually have many. In their circle of friends, both gay and straight, one will refer to the other as his "wife". So, I then say, since you are stuck on presents, why wouldn't that be an acceptable time to say It's from my wife? Or is it their perogative when to say it and when not to.....sounds like a double standard.
It is definitely a double standard
And, (since you mentioned that you had gay friends) how many gays really WANT to join the military anyway? It seems like a very small percentage would even be interested. And those gays who really want to serve are probably already serving. Repealing DADT doesn't seem to have much of an upside for the military.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:06 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,567,048 times
There's reason males amd females don't bunk together. Ignorance is bliss. Not knowing the man in the shower with you is gay is a good thing. Knowing that he likes men, is just crazy!! What about the comfort level of the men who don't want to know???

Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,704,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
There's reason males amd females don't bunk together. Ignorance is bliss. Not knowing the man in the shower with you is gay is a good thing. Knowing that he likes men, is just crazy!! What about the comfort level of the men who don't want to know???
If the man is 100% gay, why should he be worried or alarmed, if he is showering next to a homosexual?

However, if he is, say, 70% straight and is highly homophobic toward his remaining 30%, which is gay, he may highly resent the homosexual, if he finds him sexually attractive.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:38 PM

24,522 posts, read 33,381,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Sad but not unexpected from the FUX "News" hate mongers and the Limbaugh Loons.
Oh, you mean MSNBC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies