Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 09:44 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times

Advertisements

Be seen eating ?

The flu vaccine isn’t even 100%. It’s already been said there will be no coronavirus vaccine until at least a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 09:53 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Compassionate conservatism for ya. So much winning.
The 1940s 1950s Polio virus was a true child killer.Your probley too young to remember it.
A true parents nightmare,if the child survived the kid was paralyzed and possibly in a large iron lungand it effected thousands of children.We had true quarantines..A orange or red tape was put across the door the health officers could see if you broke quarantine.
Yout timberline defending parents who have used 10 pluss years of tax credits now really have to be a parents and be with their kids instead of being on Facebook or some other website.Boo ho

Old 03-17-2020, 10:02 AM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
People eat out, in addition to the obvious reasons, to go out and be social. Angry bitter people without friends either can't fathom this or resent it.
Proud to be an angry bitter person. I am having a grand old time and enjoy making the extroverts suffer for once.

Quote:
I've been asked to quarantine and that's what I'll do.
This week I am working from home but next week I have to go into work. They have provided me with the ability to drive in though and park on site so that should reduce interaction. Outside of that the only place I am going is to the store.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
The 1940s 1950s Polio virus was a true child killer.Your probley too young to remember it.
A true parents nightmare,if the child survived the kid was paralyzed and possibly in a large iron lungand it effected thousands of children.We had true quarantines..A orange or red tape was put across the door the health officers could see if you broke quarantine.
Yout timberline defending parents who have used 10 pluss years of tax credits now really have to be a parents and be with their kids instead of being on Facebook or some other website.Boo ho

I am too young, my mother is not. It was very impactful on her life as it hit our family. It made her more compassionate and drove her into nursing to help others. Something even in her 80s she won't give up, it is her calling.

We see tragedies and threats bring out the best in people, we see it bring out the worst. I don't see how lack of compassion and celebrating the suffering is others is part of the best. But I'm not a right winger, so I don't understand the mentality of enjoying seeing others suffer.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:14 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,813,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
The bolded is false if by consumer you mean investors like you and I.
What large institutions are selling? I don't mean short selling.

I have bought on corrections and made out well. I didn't exactly plan for it but that's what happened.

Thursday and Friday are the bigger test as that's when the options ends.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:37 AM

Worst. St Patrick’s day. Ever.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:53 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
What large institutions are selling? I don't mean short selling.

I have bought on corrections and made out well. I didn't exactly plan for it but that's what happened.

Thursday and Friday are the bigger test as that's when the options ends.
I don't know who's selling, could be hedge funds, Carl Ichan, Goldman Sachs day traders, etc. Do you really believe people like you and I are setting market prices?

How much money is being traded each day? How many consumers (what I define as retail customers like me) would need to trade what dollar amounts at the same time to affect prices in such a way?

Old 03-17-2020, 12:24 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
It's to be seen eating.
You cat eat at home anytime. no reservations.

LOL. It happens in my house when my wife says, "I don't feel like cooking."

Old 03-17-2020, 12:27 PM

12,426 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
Scientists can help 60 year old women get pregnant but they can’t find a vaccine for respiratory illness. What a world.
Unreal. It took decades of sustained effort to develop modern fertility treatments, but you expect them to provide a vaccine on a moment's notice? What planet are you from again?

Old 03-17-2020, 01:11 PM

It didn’t take decades.

And yeah why isn’t there a vaccine for the cold? Or a universal vaccine. Watch pandemic. There won’t be a vaccine for coronavirus for a long time. So we can stay inside for years or get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts