Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2020, 04:34 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I was actually thinking about dentists today. They are open right ? I’m not sure because I was supposed to have a tooth removed on March 25 and the dental practice called me to cancel but they’re on a university campus. I think some dentists are open for emergencies? I can’t imagine most people would want to be going for a 6 month cleaning or teeth whitening procedure at a time like this.

Salons must really be hurting as well. I have a skin check in May but not sure it will be happening. Skin cancer oh well... apparently that’s not as bad as corona.

I believe dentists and salons and tattoo parlors are shut down. Dentists I believe can accept an emergency. it's about saving PPE for more necessary use and avoiding such close contact, for all concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2020, 04:37 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,860 times
Quote:
I was actually thinking about dentists today. They are open right ? I’m not sure because I was supposed to have a tooth removed on March 25 and the dental practice called me to cancel but they’re on a university campus. I think some dentists are open for emergencies? I can’t imagine most people would want to be going for a 6 month cleaning or teeth whitening procedure at a time like this.

Salons must really be hurting as well. I have a skin check in May but not sure it will be happening. Skin cancer oh well... apparently that’s not as bad as corona.
All dental practices are closed but you can call and make an appointment for an emergency dental procedure. The staff have either been laid off already or else the doctors are desperately trying to get various loans, like the PPP, to cover payroll, if they don't have the cash reserves, to save their staff. Even if they have one emergency procedure here or there, there really isn't any money coming in.

Old 04-19-2020, 05:12 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
I have an appointment for a salon on May 5th. They e-mailed me this weekend and told me to make one so I think maybe they know something.

I have a physical in June. Since it takes 6 months to get a physical appointment that better not get cancelled.

What are you talking about that Skin Cancer isn't as bad as corona? This just goes to show how messed up this situation is. Only 3% of corona cases are "serious". Per "World-o-meter" if you have cancer, you will pay a heavy price.

Old 04-19-2020, 05:21 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
I was being sarcastic kind of. I have had skin cancer before so it’s concerning to me that I could have it again so I go and get skin checks every few months. Just not sure I want to risk going to mass general for it. It is in its own building apart from the ER but still. Eh. I might just reschedule but it’s also possible they won’t even see me.

Old 04-19-2020, 05:38 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Well to answer that then, they are actually very limited to those arriving from outside the country and in some cases interstate travel. Under the US Constitution, everything beyond that is delegated to the states. This is a case where the states have an enormous amount of power. So far, I'm not aware of any "forced" quarantine going on in any of the 50 states beyond ordered "self quarantines" for those coming from outside of certain states and those deemed positive for COVID-19.

Huh??? What one-size-fits all approach was ever imposed? Every state has handled it slightly differently. The federal government issues guidance. This lack of centralization has been one thing critics have blamed in allowing this to spiral out of control.

I agree that what goes in New York shouldn't necessarily go for Wyoming. But saying that, I live in a rural area of one of those rural states that hasn't been hit very hard yet. I want to KEEP IT THAT WAY. The main reason the cases are lower here is not only a lack of crowded cities, we also had the advantage of time. Proper controls were put in place BEFORE it was allowed to become an Italy or NYC situation.

So we are "assuming" now??? The 10 people rule applies. Nothing at all preventing a church from holding a small service as long as they abide by that. Most churches however realize that's not too feasible for a lot of reasons, and opted instead for online services or small private gatherings. But I think the majority of churches did the responsible thing of canceling services weeks BEFORE any of these orders came into place. Of course there were exceptions like that church in Albany, GA, where like 100 people got infected and made their city one of the most hard hit per capita in the country. But NOBODY'S FREE SPEECH WAS VIOLATED, anywhere that I'm aware of.

Seek out facts man. Go to the source. Seek the truth. Don't fall for this braincell destroying hysteria floating around on social media.
If anyone should avoid braincell destroying media its you. You do not have the capability of understanding freedom to assemble is part of the first amendment that was violated. dont talk to me in a condecending way. you cant even understand freedom to assemble. yes for the most part it was a one size fits all .

I use zero social media if anyone is assuming its you.

I have no problem if someone disagrees with me but i will not tolerant your condecending talk and huge assumptions and your insults.

show me source that 10 people can assemble for religous reasons source? ill require you to provide proof like i have had to come out with.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 04-19-2020 at 06:42 PM..

Old 04-19-2020, 06:26 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times
Quote:
I was being sarcastic kind of. I have had skin cancer before so it’s concerning to me that I could have it again so I go and get skin checks every few months. Just not sure I want to risk going to mass general for it. It is in its own building apart from the ER but still. Eh. I might just reschedule but it’s also possible they won’t even see me.
I'm a MGH cancer patient; they had me skip bloodwork one month, but insisted I come back last week. Now I get to wait another two months again. I'm taking chemo pills and an estrogen blocker. You might be able to get away with waiting another month or two. At the hospital, they ask questions, give you a mask, provide you with hand sanitizer, and it's not very crowded (no trouble being the only one in the elevator); and my appointment was quick.

Old 04-19-2020, 06:32 PM

15,862 posts, read 21,441,250 times
My oncologist made it clear that if I need an appointment, I will get an appointment and I'm 9 years out of treatment.

My dermotologist is doing televisits and still open for biopsies/removals as necessary.

Old 04-19-2020, 06:37 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Ok thanks. Yeah I’m not overly worried but should be seen sometime in the next few months. I may end up cancelling the May appt. I always have to wait a looooong time to see this dr. Maybe there wouldn’t be that much wait this time.

Old 04-19-2020, 06:44 PM

15,797 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
There has never been any proof of that. Me thinks they just see their opportunity to inflate the numbers and get more federal funding.
Im related to a number of individuals who are first responders, nurses, doctors, and manage a nursing home. They are telling me (separately) that it has happened and is happening. Enough proof for me

Last edited by BostonMike7; 04-19-2020 at 06:56 PM..

Old 04-19-2020, 06:54 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Im related to a number of individuals who are first responders, nurses, doctors, and manage a nursing home. They are telling me (separately) that it has happened and is happening. Enough proof for me.
Same. The hospitals have been very transparent about who they are and aren't testing, and that is pretty much no one outside of hospital staff and at-risk patients who do not have overt/conclusive symptoms. 30-something with a mild cough? Nope. 70 year old with severe symptoms? Nope, bring him/her to ICU. Dead? Nope.

Testing is supposedly ramping a manufacturers provide materials to satisfy demand, but yeah, the data is rather "absent" right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts