Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 06:32 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I'm not afraid of dying of the coronavirus. But having said that I don't want to contribute to somebody else dying of it. I work with people some of which are in the 60s and 70s. For a number of years I had a neighbor that was nearly 80..

That’s the part I wish more people would understand. Unfortunately it seems like people only care about themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 03:40 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
That’s the part I wish more people would understand. Unfortunately it seems like people only care about themselves.
Yep. It’s my civic duty to keep the transmission rate below 1.0. Nobody wants bubbles, masks, and distancing. Assuming we get good data in a few months that the mRNA vaccines mostly stop asymptomatic transmission, getting vaccinated is also my civic duty. At the moment, the best I know is that getting vaccinated protects myself.

Old 02-01-2021, 05:57 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Good perspective. Give me whatever's available, man!

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/...80454147973121

Old 02-01-2021, 08:28 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Is it just me or does it seem like things are 'loosening' up in terms of restrictions? I haven't been out much (mainly because it's freezing) but did attend my son's hockey game yesterday (insert horror from everyone here) and they are now letting more than one parent in the rink. There were waaay more parents in the stands for the older kids when I looked into one of the rinks...so it's allowed and clearly people decided to show up. They weren't afraid.

I also know of a few people who have taken vacations to places like Turks n' caicos and the Bahamas.

I think many people feel the pandemic is over because of the vaccine. I know quite a few people now who have had their first shot or even their second.

Oh and my 1st grader returned to school 4 days a week this week instead of the 2.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:42 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like things are 'loosening' up in terms of restrictions? I haven't been out much (mainly because it's freezing) but did attend my son's hockey game yesterday (insert horror from everyone here) and they are now letting more than one parent in the rink. There were waaay more parents in the stands for the older kids when I looked into one of the rinks...so it's allowed and clearly people decided to show up. They weren't afraid.

I also know of a few people who have taken vacations to places like Turks n' caicos and the Bahamas.

I think many people feel the pandemic is over because of the vaccine. I know quite a few people now who have had their first shot or even their second.

Oh and my 1st grader returned to school 4 days a week this week instead of the 2.

The nursing home residents that make for the big body count are all vaccinated at least once now. A state that's doing it right like Connecticut now has 35% of age 75+ with at least one jab. This has always been about the bad optics of the big body count.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:00 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

A number of friends of ours have pretty exotic travel plans, but it's because they've had COVID. The COVID passport, they call it.

I don't know a single person outside of healthcare workers who has received the vaccine, and I don't have my hopes up I'll get it anytime soon.

Four days a week of school would be nice. We're still at six total in-classroom hours a week.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:02 AM

12,426 posts, read 9,519,802 times
The state has identified 4 mass vaccination sites now, as indicated with red stars on their vaccination site map here:
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...using-the-map-

The latest site to be added is on the North Shore at the Danvers Doubletree Hotel.

Phase 2 begins today as well...
https://www.wcvb.com/article/phase-2...2021/35375018#

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 02-01-2021 at 09:18 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 09:13 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
A number of friends of ours have pretty exotic travel plans, but it's because they've had COVID. The COVID passport, they call it.

I don't know a single person outside of healthcare workers who has received the vaccine, and I don't have my hopes up I'll get it anytime soon.

Four days a week of school would be nice. We're still at six total in-classroom hours a week.
Interesting, one of the couples I know who went away also both had covid. I guess maybe you care less about trying not to get it once you'e had it.

I'm pleased about the 4 days as well, but this is the first week and already we have early dismissal today and probably no school tomorrow due to the snow.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:15 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
If anything, my social circle has locked down further.

I'm also seeing more double masking in the grocery store and my apartment complex.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:20 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
If anything, my social circle has locked down further.

I'm also seeing more double masking in the grocery store and my apartment complex.
I started double masking last weekend. It actually made sense, because the only N95s I now have are the ones with an exhalation valve...so having the blue mask over it protects others.

Social circle? What's that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts