Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2021, 07:49 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,070,576 times

Advertisements

At this point it’s for the most part the hardcore trumpies and farrakhanoids - if they want to prove Darwin right more power to them, they won’t be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
We have crossed the line of 750,000 Americans dead from this pandemic. But many people care no more than they did when it was 750 Americans dead, and they are absolutely determined to do nothing that could improve the situation. If you had told me this 10 years ago, I would have told you that you were crazy, and that this was impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2021, 05:25 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,654,205 times
Yes and then there are the those who continue to take actions that have proven to be ineffective, and the sheep who do absolutely nothing more than sit in their living rooms cheering them on and putting down those thinking outside the box, all in the name of being self-righteous groupthinkers. Somewhere in the middle of all that lie the actual solutions.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:41 AM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Yes and then there are the those who continue to take actions that have proven to be ineffective, and the sheep who do absolutely nothing more than sit in their living rooms cheering them on and putting down those thinking outside the box, all in the name of being self-righteous groupthinkers. Somewhere in the middle of all that lie the actual solutions.
These so-called people "thinking outside the box" have done nothing but stand in the way of progress.

Their "solutions" are selfish, not well thought out, would result in millions of unnecessary deaths, and could possibly screw up an entire generation in the form of long covid.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
These so-called people "thinking outside the box" have done nothing but stand in the way of progress.

Their "solutions" are selfish, not well thought out, would result in millions of unnecessary deaths, and could possibly screw up an entire generation in the form of long covid.
Quite the contrary. Risk-based policies are always the better choice as they dedicate scarce resources based on risk and not on feelings. Virtue signalling is selfish and those who follow Big Pharma sycophants are foolish.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:03 AM

23,558 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Quite the contrary. Risk-based policies are always the better choice as they dedicate scarce resources based on risk and not on feelings. Virtue signalling is selfish and those who follow Big Pharma sycophants are foolish.

I see plenty of virtue signalling coming from both sides of the issue, it's certainly nothing the "Big Pharma sycophants" have a monopoly on.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I see plenty of virtue signalling coming from both sides of the issue, it's certainly nothing the "Big Pharma sycophants" have a monopoly on.
Virtuous religiosity from precincts on the left is a relatively recent phenomenon that's come to overtake its counterparts on the right from what I see. But I think the biggest mistake comes from the presumption that there are only two sides of this issue.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:41 AM

23,558 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Virtuous religiosity from precincts on the left is a relatively recent phenomenon that's come to overtake its counterparts on the right from what I see. But I think the biggest mistake comes from the presumption that there are only two sides of this issue.

Not in my experience, although I don't spend any time in "precincts on the left" so I wouldn't really know anyway. But to think that this is a "right vs. left" issue in the first place, is a big part of the brainwashing.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Not in my experience, although I don't spend any time in "precincts on the left" so I wouldn't really know anyway. But to think that this is a "right vs. left" issue in the first place, is a big part of the brainwashing.
I've spent plenty. And I'm not referring to actual religion itself, but to a religious-like devotion to dogmatic beliefs pushed on dissenters using the pretense of moral righteousness as a weapon.

Old 11-06-2021, 12:42 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,918,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
The three external articles backing your assertion that kids aren't super spreaders...

Article #1:
  • dated August 2020
  • based on the original strain
  • pre-Delta
  • pre-vaccines
  • kids weren't even back in school yet
Article #2:
  • dated March 2021
  • based on the original strain
  • pre-Delta in the US
  • vaccines were very limited and only available to high risk adults
Article #3:
  • dated July 2021
  • nothing substantive
  • quote: “It has been perpetuated in the American media that COVID is dangerous and kids are superspreaders and schools are super-spreader places,” Høeg says. “And none of that has been validated in the scientific literature.”
  • Tracy Høeg suggests that covid isn't dangerous. Zero credibility.
jay, respectfully, "irresponsible" was kind.
Do you understand that you’re doing the exact same thing that the antivaccine people have been doing for nearly a year? It’s the same garbage when I say stuff like “vaccines are safe and effective”, even down to the “because delta”. It’s impossible to argue with someone who counters evidence with no evidence. Science is not math, you can’t prove anything. Demanding an insurmountable level of evidence for any statement isn’t reasonable when applied evenly. You aren’t even applying it evenly.

All the available evidence and experts say that kids aren’t super spreaders. None of the infection data from this fall suggest that opening schools had any catastrophic effects. (All the available evidence suggests) Kids aren’t superspreaders. When it comes time to make decisions about what to do, we can’t just throw up our hands and say “we don’t really know” anymore. We have to make decisions based on what we do know, and that means making decisions based on the idea that kids aren’t superspreaders.

Old 11-06-2021, 01:17 PM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
^ straw man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts