Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 08:53 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I'm honestly over the mask thing especially since this thing is spreading even when people are vaccinated.
I don't understand this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2021, 05:23 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Here we go again

https://www.iberkshires.com/story/65...ccination.html

"The hospital's updated COVID-19 page Friday lists six positive patients and another 11 inpatients pending tests. In the last seven days, the medical center has had 49 positives.

Berkshire County reported 12 new cases since Thursday for a total to date of 6,660. There were seven cases reported Wednesday, and 11 Thursday, for a total of 30 in the last three days.

The health system reportedly has anywhere from 3,000 to 4,000 employees and, according to Lederer's email, about 800 are still not vaccinated. The health system is separate from Berkshire Healthcare, which operates a number of skilled nursing and rehabilitation homes in Western Mass.

The nursing home system struggled during the first year of the pandemic to prevent spread but major breakouts in Williamstown and Pittsfield killed upwards of 50 residents."

So 20-26% of a Healthcare systems employees are *NOT* vaccinated!?!? Seriously... Have we learned nothing.
Ya alot of nurses and health care professionals will not take the new covid vaccines. They are not antivax and have gotten previous shot s. They see the damage done to people with these new experimental vaccines . They are even willing to lose their job. https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...-vaccine-fired

They were the ones treating all these covid patients and saving life's so be careful how you judge these nurses.they even sued the hospital because no one should be forced to get a medical procedure.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 08-01-2021 at 06:04 AM..

Old 08-01-2021, 06:12 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Ya alot of nurses and health care professionals will not take the new covid vaccines. They are not antivax and have gotten previous shot s. They see the damage done to people with these new experimental vaccines . They are even willing to lose their job. https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...-vaccine-fired
I'd love to see that list from Houston Methodist HR and see how many, if any, MDs are on there. I have no shortage of RNs, CNAs, etc. in my social sphere and I assure you that unless you're dealing with a GNP or similar qualified nurse working in EDs, ICUs, etc. you're generally not dealing with someone who understands the science-side of healthcare. I.e., their opinions on vaccine efficacy don't hold any more value than your average sanitation worker.

Let me ask you something: How do you square supporting "experimental" off-label use of the anti-parasitic Ivermectin, for which there is very mixed data regarding efficacy, while also being against the currently "experimental" mRNA vaccines for which we have tens of millions of data points suggesting good efficacy and low risk?

Is it because you listen to self-martyred loons like Bret Weinstein who spread vaguely anti-vax non-sense of Tucker Carlson, including some objectively false lies?

Old 08-01-2021, 06:31 AM

12,427 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
I'd love to see that list from Houston Methodist HR and see how many, if any, MDs are on there. I have no shortage of RNs, CNAs, etc. in my social sphere and I assure you that unless you're dealing with a GNP or similar qualified nurse working in EDs, ICUs, etc. you're generally not dealing with someone who understands the science-side of healthcare. I.e., their opinions on vaccine efficacy don't hold any more value than your average sanitation worker.

Let me ask you something: How do you square supporting "experimental" off-label use of the anti-parasitic Ivermectin, for which there is very mixed data regarding efficacy, while also being against the currently "experimental" mRNA vaccines for which we have tens of millions of data points suggesting good efficacy and low risk?

Is it because you listen to self-martyred loons like Bret Weinstein who spread vaguely anti-vax non-sense of Tucker Carlson, including some objectively false lies?
From what I have read previously, the MDs in these settings have high rates of vaccine acceptance, and the technicians, nurses, and nursing assistants is where you're seeing most of the refusal. The same thing is seen in the public generally - people with higher levels of education achievement have higher levels of vaccine acceptance.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:38 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,548,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post

Ivermectin has been around a long time and is safe. The medical industry has some corruption too. Doctors and nurses are told if they speak against the new vaccines they will not only be fired but thier career will be ruined.they could not get emergency use for these vaccines if it was common knowledge that ivermectin is a good treatment for coronavirus. I see story after story about people dying from the vaccine and they even admit the vaccine causes heart inflammation in young people as well as blood clots. Supposedly the nanoparticles can get into the bone marrow and there is a chance it could lead to cancer from people in 3 to 9 years.

How many drugs cause severe side effects in some where lawyers are on tv looking to sue. At one point they thought smoking was safe. Johnson and johnsons baby powder was found to call cancer in women. Some sunscreens have been pulled for a cancer chemical in them. So excuse me if I don't trust the pharma cuetical industry. These vaccines don't have the ingredients listed like other vaccines.the vaccine makers themselves have no liability because of Ronald Reagan.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:12 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,666,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
From what I have read previously, the MDs in these settings have high rates of vaccine acceptance, and the technicians, nurses, and nursing assistants is where you're seeing most of the refusal. The same thing is seen in the public generally - people with higher levels of education achievement have higher levels of vaccine acceptance.

In general, most people who question vaccines (so-called anti-vaxers) are of amongst the most educated. Many studies reflected this long before COVID (and the various forms of dogma and politics that have stemmed from it) was around. Based on the vast complexities of this situation and the fact that the establishment has done everything in their power to suppress dissenting views, I wouldn't call this a standard vaccine vs anti-vaccine scenario. Lots of variables and lots of questions to be asked. Lots of parallels to points in history that don't speak well for elites trying to both push vaccines and stop other educated people with different views from opining on various topics, in the face of contradicting and conflicting views from those chosen to speak. Given this, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the range of skeptics or questioners, as well as their politics and educational achievement runs wide and deep. It's not as simple as I have a graduate degree therefore I'm smarter than you. I have several degrees including a graduate degree, and the more educated I have become the more I've come to understand how much about this world I (and other humans) really don't know. Pro vaccine or No vaccine, if you're not thinking critically and subscribing to only the views of your chosen tribe (and expecting everyone else to think like you), then your educational achievement means d...k. Oh, and I've met tons of people with the best education and absolutely zero ability to display any common sense in the real world, as well as highly intelligent uneducated people. When you treat science as a religion instead of a process of inquiry, can anyone really be surprised when people don't trust you?

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 08-01-2021 at 02:32 PM..

Old 08-01-2021, 02:38 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
Ivermectin has been around a long time and is safe. The medical industry has some corruption too. Doctors and nurses are told if they speak against the new vaccines they will not only be fired but thier career will be ruined.they could not get emergency use for these vaccines if it was common knowledge that ivermectin is a good treatment for coronavirus. I see story after story about people dying from the vaccine and they even admit the vaccine causes heart inflammation in young people as well as blood clots. Supposedly the nanoparticles can get into the bone marrow and there is a chance it could lead to cancer from people in 3 to 9 years.

How many drugs cause severe side effects in some where lawyers are on tv looking to sue. At one point they thought smoking was safe. Johnson and johnsons baby powder was found to call cancer in women. Some sunscreens have been pulled for a cancer chemical in them. So excuse me if I don't trust the pharma cuetical industry. These vaccines don't have the ingredients listed like other vaccines.the vaccine makers themselves have no liability because of Ronald Reagan.

I suppose you're the type that doesn't take over the counter aspirin, acetaminophen, or ibuprofen for headaches and fevers. Any one of those drugs can be lethal if taken improperly or given to the wrong person. Well if you are that type, then go ahead and trust your prayers, your chicken soup and your other home remedies but don't expect the rest of our society to believe you . You'll pull all of your hair out before the likes of CVS, Walgreens, or Rite-Aid run out of business.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:45 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Here's an article from the LA Times telling how Canada has shot past the US in vaccinations.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...ical-divisions

I don't see massive amounts of people dying from the vaccine in Canada. Heck, after this vaccination episode many of our northern neighbors will probably lead healthier lives than any American ever would, especially in those states where vaccination rates are low and the government doesn't seem to care about their own people's well being. Massachusetts is doing well for a state but we can still do better.

Old 08-01-2021, 03:55 PM

12,427 posts, read 9,519,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
In general, most people who question vaccines (so-called anti-vaxers) are of amongst the most educated. Many studies reflected this long before COVID (and the various forms of dogma and politics that have stemmed from it) was around. Based on the vast complexities of this situation and the fact that the establishment has done everything in their power to suppress dissenting views, I wouldn't call this a standard vaccine vs anti-vaccine scenario. Lots of variables and lots of questions to be asked. Lots of parallels to points in history that don't speak well for elites trying to both push vaccines and stop other educated people with different views from opining on various topics, in the face of contradicting and conflicting views from those chosen to speak. Given this, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the range of skeptics or questioners, as well as their politics and educational achievement runs wide and deep. It's not as simple as I have a graduate degree therefore I'm smarter than you. I have several degrees including a graduate degree, and the more educated I have become the more I've come to understand how much about this world I (and other humans) really don't know. Pro vaccine or No vaccine, if you're not thinking critically and subscribing to only the views of your chosen tribe (and expecting everyone else to think like you), then your educational achievement means d...k. Oh, and I've met tons of people with the best education and absolutely zero ability to display any common sense in the real world, as well as highly intelligent uneducated people. When you treat science as a religion instead of a process of inquiry, can anyone really be surprised when people don't trust you?
Well, you prefer ad hominem attack instead of rational argument, is that what they taught you to do with all your degrees? "Americans without a college degree are much more likely than college graduates to be vaccine-hesitant, 31% to 12%." [Gallup, June 2021]
https://news.gallup.com/poll/350720/...kely-stay.aspx

P.S. You also deny it has anything to do with political party. So here's a recent Fox News tape from a Utah affiliate, and they note that according to a study by the Kaiser Family Foundation, the single biggest factor dividing those who have gotten the vaccine vs those who have refused, is political party. [KFF, via Fox, July 2021]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z10s3_R1XtY

And if you go here and sort the table of states by % of residents fully vaccinated, ascending, the 20 states with the lowest percentage of fully vaccinated residents, are all red states [Mayo Clinic, now]
https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...accine-tracker

Attached Thumbnails
Coronavirus in Massachusetts-vaccination-gap-party.png  

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 08-01-2021 at 04:42 PM..

Old 08-01-2021, 05:32 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,666,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Well, you prefer ad hominem attack instead of rational argument, is that what they taught you to do with all your degrees? "Americans without a college degree are much more likely than college graduates to be vaccine-hesitant, 31% to 12%." [Gallup, June 2021]
https://news.gallup.com/poll/350720/...kely-stay.aspx

P.S. You also deny it has anything to do with political party. So here's a recent Fox News tape from a Utah affiliate, and they note that according to a study by the Kaiser Family Foundation, the single biggest factor dividing those who have gotten the vaccine vs those who have refused, is political party. [KFF, via Fox, July 2021]

And if you go here and sort the table of states by % of residents fully vaccinated, ascending, the 20 states with the lowest percentage of fully vaccinated residents, are all red states [Mayo Clinic, now]
https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...accine-tracker
I must have missed the ad hominem attack but I clearly struck a nerve. If your incessant implication on this board that only uneducated dummies are vaccine hesitant or questioning is your idea of "rational argument" I don't know what to tell you, although it's certainly quite prevalent in establishment media. If you think this approach is sound public health practice, think again.

Yes, conservatives are more likely to be vaccine hesitant as it relates to THIS particular vaccine, but so are blacks and women. And I wouldn't necessarily lump all conservative leaning people into a party anymore than I would traditional liberals. As for so-called anti vaxers, they have a long and storied history of being from liberal/left groups. I didn't need to pull up URL to know this.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...cine-decisions

https://qz.com/355398/the-average-an...-think-she-is/

https://www.inquirer.com/news/middle...-20190410.html

https://www.realclearscience.com/jou...ne_108905.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts