Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 05:43 PM

3,370 posts, read 1,538,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You are spreading misinformation.

The delta variant is not less deadly. Any legit doctor will tell you that it is more deadly. The reason we're not seeing that in the stats is because so many people are vaccinated, and the vaccines are working*.

* The vaccines don't make you invincible or fully protect you. You still need to take precautions.
anything I don't agree with from now on will be called misinformation and it will baffle my opposition. show me proof it's killing more when the death rates almost everywhere are going down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2021, 05:53 PM

199 posts, read 67,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
the virus is taking its course. the delta variant while more contagious is less deadly. why? well in most cases not all when a virus mutates it becomes less deadly. id rather have a very contagious virus that gives most a sniffle than a not so contagious virus that kills a small amount. are you going to shut down businesses for a cold? of course, not that is lunacy.
You are assigning positions to me that I do not have. I have previously stated that cases should not be the metric used to determine action, only hospitalizations. I don't believe lockdowns or mask wearing (except medical facilities) should be done at this time in MA.

I have analyzed infection rates, vaccination rates and hospitalization rates by age and I have reached the conclusion that the maximum number of hospitalized patients will not exceed the previous MA peak and therefore lockdowns and masking should not be necessary in MA. This is only possible due to the willingness of the citizens of MA to be vaccinated, something for which they should be commended.

Old 07-30-2021, 05:55 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
anything I don't agree with from now on will be called misinformation and it will baffle my opposition. show me proof it's killing more when the death rates almost everywhere are going down.

You made the claim that it's less deadly. The burden is on you to prove that the lower death rates are due to something other than vaccination and better treatment options.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:00 PM

17,666 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
It's being called misinformation because that's what it is.

I'm not a doctor and I can't properly explain the details. But from what I somewhat understand, delta is stickier. Meaning it adheres to cells easier.

I already explained why death rates are down - due to vaccinations.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:03 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,918,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You are spreading misinformation.

The delta variant is not less deadly. Any legit doctor will tell you that it is more deadly. The reason we're not seeing that in the stats is because so many people are vaccinated, and the vaccines are working*.

* The vaccines don't make you invincible or fully protect you. You still need to take precautions.
The honest truth is that there’s no reason “any doctor” would just know. Doctors don’t have magical knowing powers. It takes focused and careful research to determine things like how deadly things like COVID and the delta variant of COVID are. That research is peer-reviewed and then published. Everyone has access to COVID research, as almost all journals have made it freely available.

Or, perhaps in this case, you won’t convince the person you’re arguing with because they actively disbelieve you And basically all the established evidence-gathering mechanisms.

Last edited by jayrandom; 07-30-2021 at 06:16 PM..

Old 07-30-2021, 06:08 PM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are all trending up in the nation as a whole. Cases were at their minimum about 3 weeks into June, hospitalizations were at their minimum about 4 weeks into June, and deaths were at their minimum about 1.5 weeks into July. That cases start trending up first, then hospitalizations and then deaths makes medical sense - that's the order of events in the disease.

See daily cases and deaths trends here (just flip the dropdown above plot between cases and deaths to change Y-axis)
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ilytrendscases

See daily hospitalization trends here
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...tal-admissions

Old 07-30-2021, 06:10 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
I just want to leave this video if anyone is interested. I know a lot of you in Massachusetts forums don't venture out to other areas of the city data forums but this is somewhat related to the steps Massachusetts have taken. the lockdowns and the extreme measures fit the correlation between infectious diseases and authoritarianism.

while this might be somewhat hyperbole it's still relevant...

a lot of you think there is no extreme when combating a virus that it's ok to take away people's rights.

there is more of a correlation between infectious diseases being around and authoritarianism than even iq and grades!

we have to watch out so things do not go too far where even you Massachusetts residents will be begging for the authoritarianism to stop.
Hypocrisy at its max...when most of these very people were and still are supporting an authoritarian who tried to subvert a free & fair election, first by strong-arming the DOJ and state officials and then violently! And not for any magnanimous purpose, but for his own ego and to stay in power!

At least these "lockdowns" and other measures were for public health, not for Charlie Baker's ego gratification.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:42 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,388 times
An article that talks about various aspects of the Covid pandemic, including the Provincetown outbreak:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/healt...udy/index.html

Old 07-30-2021, 08:38 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,806,919 times
I would tend to argue that a mutation that effects the form of genetic biology and evolution and therefore it would not be getting weaker it would be in fact getting stronger. It was getting weaker than Mewtwo mutation means that the whole thing would die out. Diseases do you take we know this we've seen this. But at the same point if it was making it weaker than literally every disease known to man would just die out and we wouldn't have any disease after a while.

I'm no medical doctor but the basics of fighting any disease involves testing and vaccinations and some refraining of activity that leads to the spread of it if that's simple. Remember the 1980s at all whenever the AIDS crisis? Can you imagine how much bigger the problem would have been if they didn't promote safe sex and the use of condoms? Is AIDS weaker than it was back then? I don't think so. There are those that have live with HIV for decades. However AZT and antivirals do work and they can generally keep it under control.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:55 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Promising study on 3rd booster shot from Pfizer, in its effectiveness against the Delta. 5-fold increase in effectiveness for 18-55 folk, and 11-fold for 65-85. Hopefully they will approve this ASAP and get it out there, especially with them now believing that currently vaccinated infected individuals are just as likely to spread the Delta as non-vaccinated ones (Provincetown cluster).

https://www.wesh.com/article/pfizer-...riant/37165573
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts