Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2021, 03:34 PM

16,396 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

We went to story land and Santa's village the past few days. I'd say about 25% of people were masked 75% were not. I again don't really get it at this point other than it makes people feel more secure. I'm guessing anyone nervous enough to wear a mask outside has most likely been vaccinated. If someone is that nervous I don't see why they'd go to an amusement park at all really. Some took the masks off to go on rides then kept them on in line. Same deal with restaurants, some came in with a mask on and took it off as soon as they sat down. I can understand masking kids I guess but this isn't going away. Maybe some people will just mask up forever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 03:54 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
We went to story land and Santa's village the past few days. I'd say about 25% of people were masked 75% were not. I again don't really get it at this point other than it makes people feel more secure. I'm guessing anyone nervous enough to wear a mask outside has most likely been vaccinated. If someone is that nervous I don't see why they'd go to an amusement park at all really. Some took the masks off to go on rides then kept them on in line. Same deal with restaurants, some came in with a mask on and took it off as soon as they sat down. I can understand masking kids I guess but this isn't going away. Maybe some people will just mask up forever?
I'm curious what you mean by "at this point".

Old 08-03-2021, 04:20 PM

If you have been vaccinated then you're in a good spot. Wearing a mask when you've been vaccinated feels like overkill at this point and if you are that nervous that you feel the need to wear a mask why would you go an amusement park ?

Old 08-03-2021, 04:29 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Well, it's a little bit of a gray area of course with such things as to whether it's necessary, but the CDC needs to give simple, unambiguous guidance, and following the Delta spread and what that's been showing for effects, the CDC is recommending that even vaccinated people in areas of "high or substantial spread" mask up indoors, and most of Mass is marked "substantial". I'll probably break out the masks indoors too - I don't like wearing one, but on the other hand, it's just not that big a deal IMO, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 08-03-2021, 04:34 PM

I can see wearing them indoors but outdoors at an amusement park I don't know. Again if i were that worried I'd just not go at this point.

Old 08-03-2021, 04:35 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
I thought this was interesting, per National Geographic:
"Researchers with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) analyzed blood samples from more than 600 deer in Michigan, Illinois, New York, and Pennsylvania over the past decade, and they discovered that 40 percent of the 152 wild deer tested from January through March 2021 had antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. "

Covid-19 is certainly here.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...rus-antibodies

Old 08-03-2021, 04:56 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,321,214 times
Quote:
I can see wearing them indoors but outdoors at an amusement park I don't know. Again if i were that worried I'd just not go at this point.
I think the bigger question is why seeing others wearing a mask is concerning to anyone at all. Not wearing a mask when one should, yes, but wearing one when not required is, and should always be, fine. It’s not our business. Wear them for fashion if one wants.

Why do some wear a jacket on a warm day? The correct answer is it doesn’t matter.

Old 08-03-2021, 05:07 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
If you have been vaccinated then you're in a good spot. Wearing a mask when you've been vaccinated feels like overkill at this point and if you are that nervous that you feel the need to wear a mask why would you go an amusement park ?
If you said that a month ago, I'd probably agree. But I'm not so sure about that now.

Old 08-03-2021, 05:10 PM

Well when it's a warm day and someone has a on a winter jacket it does look strange to me lol. It's more than just wearing a sweatshirt when it's 70 degrees. At this point it seems narcissistic to decide to go to a place like storyland but then throw on a mask. What good is a cloth mask outdoors and what is it going to do at this point? It reminds me of being on the train and seeing Asian people wearing a mask pre covid. Id be like ok are you sick ? Let me move away from you and you should have stayed home. If you're that paranoid about getting sick you should just stay home. At the end of the day I'm not losing sleep over this but it seems stupid to bother going to an amusement park if you feel the need to wear a mask. If someone is so afraid of being around others why not just stay home ?

Old 08-03-2021, 05:51 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
If you said that a month ago, I'd probably agree. But I'm not so sure about that now.
If the Israeli data is at all accurate and Pfizer has 39% efficacy against Delta, I think it’s beyond “not so sure about”. For the limited amount of time per week I’m indoors in public places, it’s no big deal to protect myself with an N95 mask. My fiancée is now beyond 6 months on her 2nd jab as a regional director for a bunch of hospitals. It won’t be long before I’m 6 months beyond my two Pfizer jabs. Israel is giving a 3rd jab to people 60+. I think it would be irresponsible not to circle back on healthcare workers and nursing home residents who were vaccinated in December/January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts