Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 06:09 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Sure you can. Two of the most popular wedding planning websites, The Knot and Zola, have the option to upload vax cards and test results as an option. Lots of brides and grooms are insisting on it.
That's interesting. This couple used "The Knot", so could've done this I guess. But I'm guessing the other side (the groom) may have had differing views on the topic. This being Iowa, with a lower vax rate, I just assumed the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 06:56 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,820,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
"When the DNA is mostly the same?" Do you know of some ethnicity-based treatment of Covid that no one else knows of? Or are you just talking out of your ass?
No I'm not saying that they would be a ethnic-based treatment of Covid. We can't ignore the fact that there are conditions that to affect different groups of people. For example anemia runs in my family I have a slight bit and other family members had it much worse. The really bad one would be sickle cell anemia which takes it from say a point one that I might experience to about a hundred. Osteoporosis is mostly found with Caucasians and Asians and not so much with people from Africa. Much of the planet is lactose intolerant but in northern Europe it isn't really that big of a deal.

Sweden is 95% Swedish so the variance for population is only 5% whereas in the United States you have a much wider amount of diversity so with that in effect that makes it much easier to treat cultures and places where your DNA is mostly the same. Countries that had Colonial Legacy such as Portugal and Spain and France and of course Britain and to a much lesser Point Italy and Germany have more diversity. There were no Scandinavian colonies. As a result of this the population stayed mostly the same.

Is really hard to make the same argument on policies without looking at the demographic that it has effects. For example Massachusetts ranks very high in education because we put many resources and education. But if you're going down south to Alabama that really isn't the case.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:25 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
No I'm not saying that they would be a ethnic-based treatment of Covid. We can't ignore the fact that there are conditions that to affect different groups of people. For example anemia runs in my family I have a slight bit and other family members had it much worse. The really bad one would be sickle cell anemia which takes it from say a point one that I might experience to about a hundred. Osteoporosis is mostly found with Caucasians and Asians and not so much with people from Africa. Much of the planet is lactose intolerant but in northern Europe it isn't really that big of a deal.

Sweden is 95% Swedish so the variance for population is only 5% whereas in the United States you have a much wider amount of diversity so with that in effect that makes it much easier to treat cultures and places where your DNA is mostly the same. Countries that had Colonial Legacy such as Portugal and Spain and France and of course Britain and to a much lesser Point Italy and Germany have more diversity. There were no Scandinavian colonies. As a result of this the population stayed mostly the same.

Is really hard to make the same argument on policies without looking at the demographic that it has effects. For example Massachusetts ranks very high in education because we put many resources and education. But if you're going down south to Alabama that really isn't the case.
It's 74.5 Swedish, not 95%. This takes two seconds to find on Wikipedia

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-10-2021 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-10-2021, 08:08 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Forgive me if I'm dancing in joy right now! Time for hardball!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/09/...te-house-says/
My social media/forums/etc is blowing up over this.

I'm going to take a break from the internet for a few days.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:16 AM

16,416 posts, read 8,223,904 times
A lot of people refusing to get vaccinated are retired. This plan won't work with them. And what about all the other non working people in this country ?

I wish he'd force anyone getting one plane to show proof they've been vaccinated.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
A lot of people refusing to get vaccinated are retired. This plan won't work with them. And what about all the other non working people in this country ?

I wish he'd force anyone getting one plane to show proof they've been vaccinated.
I'm with you on that last part. I think it would significantly curb the potential of cross-country spread...and may have the side benefit of removing the drama over masking on planes.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
My social media/forums/etc is blowing up over this.

I'm going to take a break from the internet for a few days.
I can only imagine. I'm not seeing that (I guess I'm in my own "echo chamber") but not surprised.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:46 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I'm with you on that last part. I think it would significantly curb the potential of cross-country spread...and may have the side benefit of removing the drama over masking on planes.
It's stupid not to enforce this.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:03 AM

If anything he is punishing working people. What a surprise there.

Why not force anyone collecting unemployment to get it as well?

Old 09-10-2021, 09:30 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

Sure it will. The vast majority of age 65+ are already vaccinated since basic common sense about their risk overrides any political or peer group influence. Look at the geezer vaccination rate in Florida. It’s really high. The few who don’t vaccinate aren’t working so they’re not a menace to co-workers. They’re not in public schools or colleges. I personally don’t care if some Darwin Awards candidates in the age 65+ high risk group don’t vaccinate. They’re not out and about enough to be a public health problem.

And yep. I think a vaccine passport should be required for a domestic flight like it is for an international flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts