Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 03:36 PM

199 posts, read 67,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
We all know how the US bungled the response overall. And yes, you keep citing Massachusetts' death rate even though most of those deaths took place early in the pandemic (same for NY, NJ). How about subdividing into March - May 2020, and June 2020 - present? For a bit more of a fair comparison?
MA deaths:

March - May 2020: 7046
June 2020 - present: 10,792 = 1,542 deaths/M

Still worse than Sweden.

Why the need to trash Sweden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 04:26 PM

7,927 posts, read 7,820,807 times
Sweden is a monoculture. It's very hard to argue it should be a model for anything. Not putting it down but when the DNA is mostly the same it's easier to treat things. Like it or not but the US has been much more welcoming to immigrants.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:29 PM

7,927 posts, read 7,820,807 times
Quote:
Yes. I had RSVP'd "Yes" for a family wedding in Iowa over Labor Day weekend, back in June. When Delta exploded, I checked to see if the hosts were going to insist on vaccination for the guests. When the answer came back that they were going to "encourage" it, I decided to pull back my RSVP. It was a tough call, but I don't regret it.
The sad thing is this was delayed a year due to covid. The bride says if it's delayed again they just won't do it.

Old 09-09-2021, 05:02 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Forgive me if I'm dancing in joy right now! Time for hardball!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/09/...te-house-says/
It's behind a paywall what is the summary? I assume it has to do with bidens mandate. It might get stopped by the supreme court and this video is good analysis of it.....https://youtu.be/7QFRlRfsz-4

Old 09-09-2021, 05:42 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
The sad thing is this was delayed a year due to covid. The bride says if it's delayed again they just won't do it.
Same in my case...it was delayed by a year. This time, they didn't want to wait, and in fairness had all reasons to believe that the summer of 2021 was going to be different.

Old 09-09-2021, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
It's behind a paywall what is the summary? I assume it has to do with bidens mandate. It might get stopped by the supreme court and this video is good analysis of it.....https://youtu.be/7QFRlRfsz-4
Yes, it is about the mandate. And uh, good (?) luck challenging it. The darling of the right, ACB, has already set the precedent in upholding Indiana University's vaccine mandate for students.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:05 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Yes, it is about the mandate. And uh, good (?) luck challenging it. The darling of the right, ACB, has already set the precedent in upholding Indiana University's vaccine mandate for students.
That's Amy supreme court women. She was always a fraud. Trump was a idiot for appointing her. Bidens mandate will be stopped. You need the legislature part of the government to issue something like that. It was known she was for forced vaccinations.

Postal workers are exempt from the mandate they deal with election ballots.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
That's Amy supreme court women. She was always a fraud. Trump was a idiot for appointing her. Bidens mandate will be stopped. You need the legislature part of the government to issue something like that. It was known she was for forced vaccinations.

Postal workers are exempt from the mandate they deal with election ballots.
Yeah, Strike 2 against ACB, I suppose, in the eyes of the right. Strike 1 was when she, along with the others, turned back Trump's ridiculous election challenges. Didn't she get the memo, that she was supposed to stay indebted to MAGA for life instead of interpreting the constitution?

Old 09-09-2021, 08:02 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Sweden is a monoculture. It's very hard to argue it should be a model for anything. Not putting it down but when the DNA is mostly the same it's easier to treat things. Like it or not but the US has been much more welcoming to immigrants.
"When the DNA is mostly the same?" Do you know of some ethnicity-based treatment of Covid that no one else knows of?

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-10-2021 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-10-2021, 05:32 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
How can you really mandate everyone be vaccinated for a wedding ? Have them send in their vaccine card ? I don't see this being sustainable in the long run.
Sure you can. Two of the most popular wedding planning websites, The Knot and Zola, have the option to upload vax cards and test results as an option. Lots of brides and grooms are insisting on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts