Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2021, 06:05 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,926,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Good - someone here was saying the cops were going to go nuts because of the mandates and they'd refuse to get vaccinated - that's what I was responding to.

Thankfully, I've got several of the most extreme posters on ignore here, and I am missing 90% of the trash-talking, disinformation and conspiracies, which I catch only occasionally when it's quoted. Not really sure why I comment at all to be honest. The people in la-la land will never change their delusions, and those who deal primarily in anger and ad hominem attacks will never become civil or thoughtful, I think they've pretty well established that by now. There are some reasonable people here too but there is a great deal of toxic churn, which is pretty pointless to engage with. Like BostonMike, I think I am going to check out for awhile.
City-data is definitely a big waste of time, but if there isn't a consistent response to the anti-vaccine disinformation it becomes the narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 06:35 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
notice it also says resigned? they knew the consequences they figured if they waited to get fired they would have more of a case with the lawsuit against the hospital. essentially they did quit they knew the consequences.
Actually it says resigned or fired. And the fired don't have a case as Texas courts upheld the hospital could mandate the vaccine.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:38 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
So anyone vaccinated last feb is no longer protected by the vaccine?
No. The vaccine effectiveness does decrease but slowly. Reports show that it should be good for a year. The issue is that variants render the vaccine less effective but the good news is that even at the lower effectiveness, it can still reduce the need for hospitalization should a break through case occur.

Old 09-11-2021, 06:55 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,818,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Stop it, please. You lied, I called your lie out, let's move on.
Lies? The USA is obviously more diverse. Higher diversity means it can be harder to solve immunization.

Old 09-11-2021, 07:18 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,818,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
You don't have to be tough to do that. Obviously. But that kinda "tough talk" seems to be getting popular among beta males and illberals. It's also interesting that nobody seems concerned with thousands of unlawful border-crossers most of whom are probably not vaccinated or who test positive.
Beta makes? You know alpha male isn't a real thing right?
https://www.themarysue.com/adam-ruins-alpha-males

As for borders planes can fly over walls. Most illegals are those with expired visas. The east way to get rid of the ones you are referring to is to deny benefits or make it very hard.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:42 AM

5,116 posts, read 2,672,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Beta makes? You know alpha male isn't a real thing right?
https://www.themarysue.com/adam-ruins-alpha-males

As for borders planes can fly over walls. Most illegals are those with expired visas. The east way to get rid of the ones you are referring to is to deny benefits or make it very hard.
They aren't terms that I generally use, nor would I identify as either. They are very much real in that they are words that are used to connote certain types of men, and so Beta would connote the opposite of Alpha. They're about as real as any of the other concocted terms made up by any number of identity and gender merchants. We can discuss illegal migration all day (on another forum) but that doesn't change the fact that there are currently thousands of people unlawfully crossing the border with no health screening and making their way to all interior parts of the nation.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:50 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Lies? The USA is obviously more diverse. Higher diversity means it can be harder to solve immunization.
Why should anyone believe either of these two claims you're making now, when a few pages back you claimed Sweden was "95% Swedish," when it clearly isn't, and anyone can find that information in a few seconds on the internet?

Old 09-11-2021, 07:56 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,142,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
You don't have to be tough to do that. Obviously. But that kinda "tough talk" seems to be getting popular among beta males and illberals. It's also interesting that nobody seems concerned with thousands of unlawful border-crossers most of whom are probably not vaccinated or who test positive.

David Frum in the streets, Stephen Miller in the sheets.

Old 09-12-2021, 02:41 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
there are police officers who do not want to get vaccinated. over 20 percent of Seattle police force may be fired if they do not get the vaccine.....

here is the proof...

https://timcast.com/news/over-20-per...ccinated-soon/

looks like I am not that out of touch with reality.

covid compliance is more important than even having a working police force. you will comply!! its not about safety and health measures when illegals come here with the virus. it's conditioning the American people that covid restrictions are here to stay even if businesses go under or people die from the vaccine. illegals do not have to get the vaccine because they vote democrat. biden will stomp you with his authoritarian boot!! you are human garbage to him! lick the boots slaves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsZSATx77-Y

as Biden says " this is not about freedom or personal choice." those are ugly words in massechusetts.

Last edited by justyouraveragetenant; 09-12-2021 at 03:05 AM..

Old 09-12-2021, 04:32 AM

5,116 posts, read 2,672,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post

David Frum in the streets, Stephen Miller in the sheets.
Always in the wings ready to insult those with opinions that disrupt your ongoing narrative. Well here are some in return. Pointing out the sheer hypocrisy in the policies doesn't make someone an anti-illegal immigration zealot. That said, if you think thousands of unknown people pouring into the country (many dying and becoming the victims of traffickers) makes sound public policy even outside COVID, you probably have your head somewhere the sun doesn't shine and are living in the land of oz. But feel free to continue eating your wine and cheese while others die needlessly because we aren't doing what every other nation on earth does in enforcing borders. This sort of thing is certainly in line with your corporate suck-up attitudes and enhances the availability of cheap slave labor - just what they want.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 09-12-2021 at 04:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts