Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 01:53 PM

188 posts, read 349,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreckleFace78 View Post
Full time. I'll be graveyard 1am-9am. It's actually what I requested.
Oh ok thks so u were able to pick. Your shift? Wow that's great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 02:28 PM

24 posts, read 48,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I don't agree with that at all. Every mirage person I've talked to wants to transfer
Yes, if U R a bell or Valet at the mirage I'm sure they would want to transfer to CC. But The truth is most dept especially the F&B dept were the positions are union it's different believe me

Old 09-11-2009, 02:31 PM

25 posts, read 57,319 times
REGARD TO UNIONS: is it true that you start out at 80% of pay rate and than after 90days you go to 100%...

Old 09-11-2009, 02:37 PM

131 posts, read 239,599 times
One important thing that has been mentioned is this third interview for some , and particularly for F&B cocktails and bars. It makes sense that the actual ARIA F&B management team (now in place) would want to interview and make thier choices for thier department; as probably all final department managers would, regardless of department, right?

1. Have only the Cocktail Waitresses been interviewed for a third time? So many others seem to have had the two interviews and a drug test.
2. Was this the first cut for only cocktails because there were so many applicants for that particular position?
3. Anyone hear of bartenders having a third interview with the appointed F&B management team at ARIA? The bartenders being part of the same department as cocktails and such.
4. Will there be third interviews for all departments by the final in-place department managers?

For those of you fortunate enough to already have gotten hired, did you all have a third interview by the specific department manager? Very curious.

Obviously a lot of good information coming out now. Thank you for keeping us informed and updated.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza-4-1 View Post
Hi Testosterone,

Thanks for sharing the info that you've recieved. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share and try to help everyone here.

I wrote a post (#956) and then BUMPed it to post #982 by quoting it. I have been inquiring for a friend who has applied for Bartender at ARIA.

My inquiry is such, if you don't mind sharing: We've all been back and forth with the Status being 'blank' or 'active', Job Status being 'open', etc. One of the main important things that you have mentioned is this third interview, and particularly for F&B cocktails and bars. It makes sense that the actual ARIA F&B management team (now in place) would want to interview and make thier choices for thier department; however, have only the Cocktail Waitresses been interviewed for a third time? Everyone else seems to have had the two interviews and a drug test. Was this the first cut for only cocktails because there were so many applicants for that particular position? I'm inquiring for my friend, the bartender, because this seems pertenant. They have not recieved a third interview. Has everyone else that is seriously being considered at this point gotten a third interview? This bartender has 15 years experience on the strip and I find it hard to believe that after two interviews and a drug test that they wouldn't at least get a third interview.

Thanks to you and everyone again for all your responses and time!
Sorry I didn't see your post before, to answer your question;
Bartenders were also interviewed a 3rd time not only cocktails
Tell your friend not to lose hope, the quota for (F&B Dept) interns has not been reached yet. meaning they'll be turning to more of the externals that were among the top tier

Old 09-11-2009, 02:45 PM

131 posts, read 239,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testosterone View Post
Sorry I didn't see your post before, to answer your question;
Bartenders were also interviewed a 3rd time not only cocktails
Tell your friend not to lose hope, the quota for (F&B Dept) interns has not been reached yet. meaning they'll be turning to more of the externals that were among the top tier
Testosterone,

Thanks for you response! Much appreciated!

So you had a third with the appointed F&B manager at ARIA?

If so, I hope that it went well!

Old 09-11-2009, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,892 times
Still no call for Front Desk... :-( Has anyone been called yet?

Old 09-11-2009, 02:55 PM

36 posts, read 89,145 times
I thank you again sir,I can tell you sound like a manager,and i been waiting to hear from you .
and another thing what is so scary,for example.lets say they hire you ,and just like every hotel they always hire extra in the beginning,and later they start to letting go people.

and this whole time you;ll be waiting for that dream job and next thing you are out,and you have to start again.

it sounds kind of confusing.and another thing,it;s been a week now,i haven;t seen any changes on my application for a gourmet food server,it;s say OPEN ACTIVE.

I wonder if it means anything at all.

and i would like to ask you sir,if you don;t mind,what are you applying for.and as far as speaking with a heavy accent.to tell you the truth,some places they want people that speaks another languages.

and i just wish i kept practicing on my french........our languages in lebanon was arabic and french was our second language and when i ran away from the war,it was hard for me at first to learn english.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndie View Post
REGARD TO UNIONS: is it true that you start out at 80% of pay rate and than after 90days you go to 100%...
Yes U R Correct, Also No Benefits Until the 90 days Prob period and NO guareentee that u won't face the chopping block that's coming.
That's why I mentionned in my previous post that F&B will be the last to get J.O's bacause they're having a hard time convincing Union interns to make the switch to fill the quota

Old 09-11-2009, 03:32 PM

20 posts, read 36,350 times
Hey Taishar77 congrats. By any chance did you talk to a women or man on the phone? Has any other front desk applicant went from blank to active today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas