Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 11:16 PM

41 posts, read 73,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitylegal View Post
Sorry, I misunderstood.... But Congrads!!! I would be on cloud nine if they called me and offered me a HIGHER position. If they called and offered you something better than what you applied for they MUSTwant you!
I really hope so! I am one of those people that doesn't believe it until all the papers are signed though! So I am waiting for that!

And thank you! Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 11:28 PM

131 posts, read 239,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAnInsider View Post
You guys gotta remember. over 150k people applied for Aria and Vdara. ~10500 available positions. Those of you that get offers, CONGRATS! those that dont... pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move on. Your time will come.

If you haven't heard yet, don't get discouraged. Job offers will be done through October.
Well said and thank you!

Old 09-11-2009, 11:41 PM

37 posts, read 89,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAnInsider View Post
And to the person that asked about Audio Visual. I really don't have a clue. I haven't heard anything from that department for a couple months now.
Thank you. If you do please let me know.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,782 times
Default overhire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
my suggestion, if you can hold out, is the properties that are loosing people to city center.....they will need to fill their vacancies....

City Center will over hire by a certain percentage, because in the first 90 days they can fire 'at will' simply by saying 'failed to complete probation'. They hire heavy and then trim out the undesireables.
I know for a fact that they will not overhire because of the economy. It's a waste of money for MGM.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:38 AM

47 posts, read 122,441 times
So I applied for cocktails, went through both interviews, got called for a drug test, and then got called for a 3rd dept interview. The entire time my status was blank. 2 days after my 3rd interview my status went to "active" and then then today it went back to blank. Makes zero sense.........

Old 09-12-2009, 03:04 AM

317 posts, read 834,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzybrit View Post
So I applied for cocktails, went through both interviews, got called for a drug test, and then got called for a 3rd dept interview. The entire time my status was blank. 2 days after my 3rd interview my status went to "active" and then then today it went back to blank. Makes zero sense.........
Snazzybrit,
Maybe you'll be getting a call soon

Old 09-12-2009, 05:27 AM

12 posts, read 23,183 times
Its super late. Not sure why I'm on here haha.

But anyway, Guys... Don't read too much into the active/blank thing. Its just a weird quirk with the system when you go through the necessary processes. Either one is a good sign.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:32 AM

38 posts, read 74,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdiva View Post
Are you Vdara or Aria? I am Vdara.

I have not received my offer call as of yet. So I have no idea!

The waiting is driving me NUTS.
I am going to be on the salon part of things at Aria. Hang in there!!!! Hopefully a call will comes soon. I know the waiting game is killer<:

Old 09-12-2009, 06:54 AM

29 posts, read 57,673 times
BeAnInsider,
Thank you for all your help. You seem to have the inside scoop. Do you know if they have started calling for Hotel Services? The last time I called CC they said I was good to go and a call should come around the 21st. My status went to blank way back in March after my department interview. It then went to active in July when they sent my drug test to NY for me to take. After my results came back cool my status went back to blank. Is that a good sign ? To everyone who has recieved a job offer, congrats, to the rest off us hang in there team.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 AM

202 posts, read 584,069 times
Beaninsider thanks for the info. My friend has been hoping for an interview and hasn't gotten called, we figure it isn't meant to be. His position still states open on his application and his status is still active. He applied for a higher level F&B position so we are figuring maybe they are keeping him open to interview him for a position that may open up at another hotel due to transfers. Any insight? He has 20+ years in F&B so it can't be lack of experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas