Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 10:00 PM

317 posts, read 833,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taishar77 View Post
Regarding statuses... Mine sat blank when everyone else was going active so I truly believe like what has been stated that either one at this point isn't a bad thing but it is annerving.. In my case I was told what is going on via rep but until it happens I am trying to stay grounded...things can change.

A few things have been established though -- they like to move blank to active on Fridays (at least in 3 cases)

Blank and active equate roughly the same since you have to go active to be hired or at least that is how I am reading that because mine was blank and went active and thus told I would be contacted by a hiring manager...

Those who are active who haven't taken a drug test, not sure what to read into that aside from I would call CC and try to figure out if you need to schedule one? This whole process has been tough for me from the initial rejection of management to finally going down the ladder to succeed, just stay persistent
I understand what your saying about the status moving around, but two peoples status on this board has gone from ACTIVE TO BLANK, normally it seem like the status will change from BLANK TO ACTIVE....Mine still remain Active. I guess if your status is moving around its a good thing. I dont know were I stand at now, I'm so confused its funny....Still CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT OFFERS ALREADY, AND BEST OF LUCK TO US WHO HAVE NOT RECIEVE OFFERS AND TO THOSE WHO STATUS REMAIN ACTIVE AND NOT MOVING AROUND
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 PM

113 posts, read 239,481 times
MY status has remained the same since march. Open and active with no changes. Guess it's better than being inactive.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 PM

131 posts, read 239,415 times
Default Where are all the hired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreckleFace78 View Post

Just curious..Does anyone know what happened to the people who were supposed to have already gone in for their job offer and give their details? I think I'm the only one that's done this so far. Am I right or did I miss someone? Good Luck everyone!
I think that you are right. And by the way, thank you, FreckleFace78, for your shared info!

I don't know if others who were hired were told not to say anything or such. Seems like a few who mentioned being hired and that they were going in to sign papers, etc. haven't posted much although they originally posted on the threads that they'd keep us updated

How many of the fortunate few at this point that have actually been hired had a third interview from a now in-place department manager before being hired? Just curious because it seems that the majority of potential hires on this thread have had two interviews (second interview before department managers were put in place) and a drug test. Does anyone else find this information pertinant?

Old 09-12-2009, 10:19 PM

181 posts, read 340,785 times
i had two interviews the first was the check in one where they just wanted to know i was a real person i guess, the second was with the dept manager, a week later i had the drug test then my app went to blank status, that was june, last sunday it changed to active, but i havnt recieved a hire call yet.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:26 PM

317 posts, read 833,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude64 View Post
i had two interviews the first was the check in one where they just wanted to know i was a real person i guess, the second was with the dept manager, a week later i had the drug test then my app went to blank status, that was june, last sunday it changed to active, but i havnt recieved a hire call yet.
Your Status actually change to ACTIVE on a Sunday.......Well do you have any idea what it mean when it changes from ACTIVE to BLANK?

Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 PM

110 posts, read 208,948 times
I personally don't care about my application status being active or blank... as long as the job status is still open, i'm good.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude64 View Post
Dude64,

Thanks for sharing! My friend, who applied for a bartender at ARIA, has experienced basically the same things. However, the Department Manager that interviewed them (the second interview, the first being at check-in, as mentioned) was not necessarily the final in-house department manager for ARIA (although maybe that person is now); the second interview was by another MGM beverage manager, as most interviews were at that time. Was your interview by the 'final in-house' department manager? My bartending friend's Job's Status=Open, Application's Status=blank since their drug test in late June.

I can only imagine the frustration of waiting for every one on this thread. The reason I got on this thread was to gather any info for my friend, who, as so many here, is anxiously waiting and doin' a little freakin' out

I wish you all the best and once you're all hired at CC, maybe everyone can get together for a drink and mention who they were on this thread

Stay positive and thanks for all the inputs and info!

Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitylegal View Post
I personally don't care about my application status being active or blank... as long as the job status is still open, i'm good.
I second that opinion with agreement!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 PM

38 posts, read 74,325 times
My status was always active. It never changed. I got the offer last tuesday and I will have a phone meeting Sept.22nd because I am in MI. Shorlty after that I will come fill out my paper work. They were going to make me come out twice but decieded they could do the fist one over the phone. I had a short mass interview, then a sit down traditional interview, and then an audition. After my audition they said someone would contact me for the drug test but a month went by and noone did. I called and told them I was suppose to be contacted for a drug test. An hour later they called me with directions to take a drug test here in Mi. Hope this helps butterfly.....hang in there.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:02 AM

59 posts, read 106,518 times
Hello everyone!
I have been following the thread and was woundering I'd any bartenders for ARIA has been received a job offer? I am from Cali and apply for this position in April, been bartending foe about 5yrs now in Cali. I went for my Dept interview in late May. I was told by the manager that I interview with ( from the Belligio) that I would be contacted for a 2nd interview in July/August. When late July came in I contacted CC and asked when I might be hearing from someone for the 2nd interview? I was informed that they weren't going to do that, it was no longer needed. Got called for my background check in July for more info which was faxed in to them and about a week after that I was contacted by Rosalee to see if I was still intrested in the position. So, I said yes! They wanted me to do the drug test ( hair) They said I didn't have to come to vegas for the drug test that they would send me to a hospital close to where I lived. So I went in for that, the nurse asked me what job I was hired for I told them. The hair was put in a evelope and FEDEX back to CC. In August I contacted CC again to check my status due to my account online now said: "JOB STATUS" said OPEN and my "APP STATUS" now was BLANK no longer
said ACTIVE. The CC rep said everything looks good, nothing to worrie about and that job offers will go out in the 2nd wk- middle of Sept. And they asked me to confirm my contact info ( phone # and email address) to be sure nothing has changed. So, I haven't hered anything yet. Anyone that applyed for a bartender position at ARIA get a job offer yet. I never went on a 2nd interview like most of you I have read has but I was told that was no longer going to happen by HR and they put me through the background check and drug test. Please let me know on any new info. I'm trying to be patient as possible. : )

No new
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas