Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 01:22 AM

59 posts, read 106,503 times

Advertisements

Oh, and GOOD LUCK!! To everyone who has yet to receive a offer yet. I hope everyone does. Think I might call CC next wk and see what my staus is now since its Sept. I'm excited, nervous and worried all at the same time. I'm just trying to keep a positive out look on it. My fiancé lives in vegas and had a bad experience when he applyed to the Wynn for a bartender position and went through the whole process and didn't get a offer. So he didn't take the chance in appying for CC when they started the app. Process and was weary upon me apply because he didn't want me to get my hopes up. So, I'm really hoping to get a offer and trying not to get my hopes to high at the same time.

Thankx everyone for all your insight. : D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:39 AM

126 posts, read 242,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy26 View Post
Oh, and GOOD LUCK!! To everyone who has yet to receive a offer yet. I hope everyone does. Think I might call CC next wk and see what my staus is now since its Sept. I'm excited, nervous and worried all at the same time. I'm just trying to keep a positive out look on it. My fiancé lives in vegas and had a bad experience when he applyed to the Wynn for a bartender position and went through the whole process and didn't get a offer. So he didn't take the chance in appying for CC when they started the app. Process and was weary upon me apply because he didn't want me to get my hopes up. So, I'm really hoping to get a offer and trying not to get my hopes to high at the same time.

Thankx everyone for all your insight. : D

I have heard the Wynn does that which is why I didn't get too excited when I was drug tested. I had a friend who had the same thing happen where she went through the entire process and then didn't hear anything afterward... Vegas is kind of a unique....place as far as procedures go from what I can see... a bit cutthroat in some ways... A bit off topic but I have wanted to say something to the naysayers of the board who continually point out what a crock this whole process is....

Yes I have a job right now and yes I will quit it once I get hired at the CC but keep in mind there are a LOT worse places to work for and I currently am doing that. So the scare tactics with the pay scale at CC, which I think are unfounded since I have friends who work at other MGM properties, I have firsthand experience working for the world's largest telecommunications company and my job in most places would put me over $20 an hour and I make $10 (not to mention they put a 3 year cap on work experience, makes a lot of sense I know, so basically I had zero experience counted toward my pay scale so I am at the bottom with over 10 years of work history --including military and management experience).

In short, it's not just the CC or MGM companies that treat people in a perceived way and I think until people actually work for the CC you really cant speak on how it will be until then. I have pretty low standards because quite frankly it couldn't be any worse than what I am doing right now between the pay, workplace morale, and standards. You couple that with I am on warning of dismissal at my current place of work for what you might ask? I called in sick (my daughter has been very ill for the past week) for the first time after 5 months of never missing work or being even a minute late.. So trust me, there are worse places to work than what some of the posters are perceiving here :P

Am I saying it'll be perfect? Of course not, that just doesn't happen but I don't think it's really fair to judge until you work for the company.. that's all. Honestly if you would have told me the company I work for currently would be like it is before I started working here, I would have said no way it's supposed to be one of the best places.... Reality is perception until you actually are there and then I think it is fair to judge but until then, there is really no basis for analysis.

Last edited by taishar77; 09-13-2009 at 02:01 AM..

Old 09-13-2009, 08:58 AM

89 posts, read 232,802 times
So, I had a stellar first and second interview for a bartender postition months ago. I got an email that said I was a "competitive candidate". I never got a call for a drug test, but my status is still "open and active". What's up???? It seems I'm not in the 1st tier of candidates, but who knows. I know that the bar I applied for was very desirable.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:13 AM

47 posts, read 99,941 times
Hey Testosterone or BeAnInsider where are you?
Help us calm our nerves down! We all are feeling anxious,worried,NUTS,PEANUTS,WALNUTS!!!........... .LOL ! Although status are "blank" or "open" are okay, but could some be just "maybe's" or the "just in case" pile? Just want some assurance that we are okay....... Thanks for your help and insights............

Old 09-13-2009, 11:18 AM

8 posts, read 22,309 times
Default How do they contact you?

Hey everyone, just wanted to know from those who were hired...do they give you a call extending a job offer or send you an email?

Old 09-13-2009, 11:45 AM

20 posts, read 36,301 times
hawaiianhost1 hey do you still live in hawaii? If so what island and do you currently work at a hotel?

Old 09-13-2009, 12:21 PM

159 posts, read 287,291 times
Hi rinvegas i am also going for a bartending job had a standup interview on 6/10 next day 6/11 dept interview then 1mo after drug test my is open blank been like that a while they said when i called that i should be getting a call at the end of sept wish i knew what is going on hope blank is not bad good luck

Old 09-13-2009, 12:37 PM

115 posts, read 265,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianhost1 View Post
Hey everyone, just wanted to know from those who were hired...do they give you a call extending a job offer or send you an email?

I was called for the job offer. No e-mail at all.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 PM

126 posts, read 242,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianhost1 View Post

I was told you'd be called (much like what others have said).

Old 09-13-2009, 01:08 PM

24 posts, read 44,561 times
yes u just recieve a call so stay put for a phone call

good luck guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas