Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 10:54 AM

181 posts, read 340,930 times

Advertisements

i wonder if they hire on the weekend? i thought i would get a call last week being my status went from blank to active last sunday but still, no call...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 01:28 PM

59 posts, read 106,591 times
Wink ARIA Resort bartender pre-employment hiring process

Hello,
I was woundering if anyone has heard anything new from city center regarding job offers? You see, I'm from California and applyed to ARIA for a bartender position. I was called for a department interveiw, went down to vegas for that then the manager that interviewd me said I'd be called for a 2nd interview in late July- early August. In july I spoke with a city center rep inregards of when a 2nd interview will be? And was told they won't need me to come for a 2nd interview ( maybe that was because I live in Cali) that I just should waite for someone to contact me. So a week from that convo I got called for the background check and faxed some info they wanted, then another week after that I was called to see if I was still intrested in the position so they told me go to a location close to me in Cali to do the drug test. That was FEDEX back to them. And I then called city center in August to see what the status was since my account online continued to say " Thanks for you continued interest in the position" Application status: Open, ect. And they told me everything looks fine and that they would be sending out job offers this month. Anyone know when? Has anyone gone through a process like this? Just wounder how close I am to being hired.

Thankx

Old 09-12-2009, 04:27 PM

24 posts, read 48,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzybrit View Post
So I applied for cocktails, went through both interviews, got called for a drug test, and then got called for a 3rd dept interview. The entire time my status was blank. 2 days after my 3rd interview my status went to "active" and then then today it went back to blank. Makes zero sense.........
It actually means that your app is moving through the dept and NOT stagnant which is a very good thing.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Snazzybrit,
Maybe you'll be getting a call soon
I agree

Old 09-12-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude64 View Post
i wonder if they hire on the weekend? i thought i would get a call last week being my status went from blank to active last sunday but still, no call...
Usually but not always most calls go out on Tuesdays

Old 09-12-2009, 04:33 PM

131 posts, read 239,505 times
Hi Testosterone,
By the way, are you internal or external? I apologize, you may have already answered this.
Thanks again for sharing your info!

Old 09-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari77 View Post
I know for a fact that they will not overhire because of the economy. It's a waste of money for MGM.
Not entirely true, but u have a point. Because of todays economy most hotels are having cash flow problems and when they consider the cost associated with each new hire they would not overhire. However some depts will have more employees than they actually need. I'm not in the loop as to what other depts will do but I can tell u with an absolute certainty that the F&B dept WILL have more employees than the quota,
thus the chopping block.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:10 PM

In Bold,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy26 View Post
Hello,
I was woundering if anyone has heard anything new from city center regarding job offers? F&B J.O's will be amongst the last ones to go out, some will get called by the end of September but the majority will get the call begining October and all the way through (externals) You see, I'm from California and applyed to ARIA for a bartender position. I was called for a department interveiw, went down to vegas for that then the manager that interviewd me said I'd be called for a 2nd interview in late July- early August. In july I spoke with a city center rep inregards of when a 2nd interview will be? And was told they won't need me to come for a 2nd interview ( maybe that was because I live in Cali) that I just should waite for someone to contact me. So a week from that convo I got called for the background check and faxed some info they wanted, Was it a W-2 from current or last employer??then another week after that I was called to see if I was still intrested in the position so they told me go to a location close to me in Cali to do the drug test. That was FEDEX back to them. And I then called city center in August to see what the status was since my account online continued to say " Thanks for you continued interest in the position" Application status: Open, ect. And they told me everything looks fine and that they would be sending out job offers this month. Anyone know when? Has anyone gone through a process like this? The process varies from 1 candidate to another, I'd say the majority were not asked to fax the W-2 forms from current or previous jobs and other background info, CC already did that on their behalf Just wounder how close I am to being hired. Did
u ever get to meet a member of the Aria mgt team (AKA last dept interview)??

Thankx

Old 09-12-2009, 05:31 PM

110 posts, read 209,076 times
Question. Does anyone know if training is full time or part time? Just curious

Old 09-12-2009, 05:48 PM

38 posts, read 74,380 times
testosterone you seem very insightful!!!! You don't have to answer this but do you know if the spa side of things will have a chopping block? I will be working as a colorist and I am moving from Mi....Any insight you may have would be greatly appreciated!Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas