Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 09:01 AM

5 posts, read 24,090 times

Advertisements

My husband applied for a position at the Mandalay Bay on 4/25/13. He was called for interviews that same week, and was able to attend both with no problems because he was in town for other interviews (we live in New Mexico). A week ago, he received an email from he MGM asking him to go get a drug test to a lab in Las Vegas within 48 hours. This was Thursday evening. He called the career center office and was told that the test could be arranged to be taken in his state with no problems. Mind you, my husband only called to ask them about the amount of time he had available to take the test, since he would've had to fly or drive to Las Vegas over the weekend in order to take it. Anyway, now it has been a little over a week from the time he got the email asking him to take the test, and the MGM hasn't arranged anything. My husband has called the career center a few times to tell them that it would not be a problem to fly to Vegas to take the test there. However, the people at the office have told him that such is not necessary, and that he should sit tight and wait for them. Now, when you visit his application page, the ACTIVE under application status is gone. The job is still listed as OPEN. But the ACTIVE application status isn't there anymore. My husband called the career center to find out what had happened but wasn't able to get through, after holding for over two hours. The good thing is that my husband hasn't gotten any email stating that his app was denied. But should we assume it was because of the active disappearing under app status?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 09:05 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,885 times
it still may be an active application... but you really probably should have had that test done during the period they asked. it's really quite simple and only takes about 5 minutes. once in to the MGM family, hold onto that job like gold!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:11 AM

I know. But he was in New Mexico at the time he was asked. And the people at the career center told him the testing could be arranged in his home state. Were they lying or something? Probably not but why offer what can't be done.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:13 AM

I dont know about out of state testing, I assume if they told you it was okay it probably is. when I got tested with MGM... I made the appointment, not the employment office.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
i would have just gone, not even questioned it.... i'm guessing they are looking for other "local" candidates now...

Old 05-25-2013, 10:27 AM

^^^^ I agree. I am overseas right now visiting family. Husband is by himself. Had I been thee, I would've sent him to Vegas in a heartbeat. I'm bummed .

Old 05-26-2013, 04:38 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,520,659 times
i was out of state when i applied & received a job offer from mgm. when they wanted me to do my drug test, i had arranged to do it in my local city. i don't remember the exact process, but i do believe mgm told me which lab to go to in my area. it was a hair test & not an office that i would have known about previous to mgm telling me where to go.

ask to speak to a supervisor the next time you call mgm. it's up to THEM to tell you which lab to go to.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 PM

they definitely tell you WHERE to go... from an approved list. they just don't tell you when to go... and in setting the appointment(just a window of opportunity, the sooner the better)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas