Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 10:22 PM

115 posts, read 265,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAnInsider View Post
Freckle, you nailed it on the head. You're exactly right. CC is actually hiring under quota so the chances of lay offs are slim, it would mostly be due to quitting or no-shows. 30-40% internal 60-70% external overal. ~10500 positions, originally something like 12000

They way the determine who's in their top tier and who didn't make the cut is by the interviews. Each interview is scored. So if your 3 interviews went very well, chances are you're on their list to be hired.

Ex: max score out of 3 interviews total may be like 156. their cut off may be 120. So if you came in above 120 you'll be good. Then they'll extend job offers in order of highest score first.
Scores will be much lower if there were only a total of 1 or 2 interviews for each position but the idea is the same.

Its difficult to explain without giving away too much information. A lot of this stuff is highly confidential.

I totally get it. And thank you so much for giving us what you can without giving too much away. I really do believe what you said about the "under" hiring. I think they are preparing for a lot of the "new hires" to drop off for various reasons prior to the opening. So really flat out.. If your Active or Blank you have a super good chance of getting a call. If not right now then later down the line when "needs turn into demands". And CC goes from a start of 80% to full speed 100%.

You also have to keep in mind that CC will not have money coming in until after the opening and the "train" is in full motion. At that time they may be putting up ads weekly to hire for positions that now seem "under staffed".
And once again as long as you are "good at what you do". You will keep moving up if you were the first wave to be hired. Just my humble opinion. This thread is a great place for thoughts to flow. I do hope like some others that once CC opens we will still keep in contact on here! I am sure I may speak to some of you on the phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 PM

131 posts, read 239,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasdiva View Post
Pizza-4-1,
And the paperwork I faxed in was my W2 from last year at my current job and my last pay stub. FYI.

I am thinking it was a way to confirm where I worked without having to call.
Thank you Vegasdiva!

Old 09-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAnInsider View Post
Freckle, you nailed it on the head. You're exactly right. CC is actually hiring under quota so the chances of lay offs are slim, it would mostly be due to quitting or no-shows. 30-40% internal 60-70% external overal. ~10500 positions, originally something like 12000

They way the determine who's in their top tier and who didn't make the cut is by the interviews. Each interview is scored. So if your 3 interviews went very well, chances are you're on their list to be hired.

Ex: max score out of 3 interviews total may be like 156. their cut off may be 120. So if you came in above 120 you'll be good. Then they'll extend job offers in order of highest score first.
Scores will be much lower if there were only a total of 1 or 2 interviews for each position but the idea is the same.

Its difficult to explain without giving away too much information. A lot of this stuff is highly confidential.
Thank you, BeAnInsider!

Just wondering, for those of you that have recieved job offers, how many had a third interview?

I'm inquiring because it seems that most on this Thread have experienced two interviews and a drug test.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 PM

41 posts, read 73,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebartcheer View Post
I also have been hired for a job in the spa(salon). Just out of curiosity did they give you a start date or commission rate?
Are you Vdara or Aria? I am Vdara.

I have not received my offer call as of yet. So I have no idea!

The waiting is driving me NUTS.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 PM

115 posts, read 265,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza-4-1 View Post
Thank you, BeAnInsider!

Just wondering, for those of you that have recieved job offers, how many had a third interview?

I'm inquiring because it seems that most on this Thread have experienced two interviews and a drug test.

I had only 1 interview then a drug test. But, my position doesn't have a very large department. We are starting out with only 25 employees. I feel f&b, cocktails etc. any department that has a large volume of employees did the 2nd interviews.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 PM

110 posts, read 209,007 times
Quote:
Are you Vdara or Aria? I am Vdara.

I have not received my offer call as of yet. So I have no idea!

The waiting is driving me NUTS.

At least you got called and got hired. I'm still waiting..

Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 PM

41 posts, read 73,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitylegal View Post
At least you got called and got hired. I'm still waiting..
I have NOT received my offer call yet. They called me to ask if I was interested in the higher position. 2 days later I drug tested/background checked and haven't heard anything since!

Old 09-11-2009, 11:00 PM

126 posts, read 242,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1728 View Post
Hi Taisharr, Why didnt you pursue the mgmt position?

I changed because they likely didn't like the fact that my office management experience was on a much smaller scale (67 room hotel). So when my app had gone inactive I figured I better just settle back down for a regular desk position and hopefully work my way back up.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreckleFace78 View Post
I had only 1 interview then a drug test. But, my position doesn't have a very large department. We are starting out with only 25 employees. I feel f&b, cocktails etc. any department that has a large volume of employees did the 2nd interviews.
Thank you FreckleFace!

Sincere congratulations to you!

Old 09-11-2009, 11:14 PM

110 posts, read 209,007 times
Quote:
I have NOT received my offer call yet. They called me to ask if I was interested in the higher position. 2 days later I drug tested/background checked and haven't heard anything since!
Sorry, I misunderstood.... But Congrads!!! I would be on cloud nine if they called me and offered me a HIGHER position. If they called and offered you something better than what you applied for they MUSTwant you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas