Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 03:44 PM

131 posts, read 239,477 times

Advertisements

Hi Testosterone,

Thanks for sharing the info that you've recieved. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share and try to help everyone here.

I wrote a post (#956) and then BUMPed it to post #982 by quoting it. I have been inquiring for a friend who has applied for Bartender at ARIA.

My inquiry is such, if you don't mind sharing: We've all been back and forth with the Status being 'blank' or 'active', Job Status being 'open', etc. One of the main important things that you have mentioned is this third interview, and particularly for F&B cocktails and bars. It makes sense that the actual ARIA F&B management team (now in place) would want to interview and make thier choices for thier department; however, have only the Cocktail Waitresses been interviewed for a third time? Everyone else seems to have had the two interviews and a drug test. Was this the first cut for only cocktails because there were so many applicants for that particular position? I'm inquiring for my friend, the bartender, because this seems pertenant. They have not recieved a third interview. Has everyone else that is seriously being considered at this point gotten a third interview? This bartender has 15 years experience on the strip and I find it hard to believe that after two interviews and a drug test that they wouldn't at least get a third interview.

Thanks to you and everyone again for all your responses and time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 03:48 PM

8 posts, read 14,838 times
Does anyone know the difference between part time and extra board?

Old 09-10-2009, 03:54 PM

131 posts, read 239,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhalos View Post
Does anyone know the difference between part time and extra board?
I believe that part time is less than 40 hours a week, could be 20 hours, could be 25, etc., but a regular weekly schedule and shift for the most part. Extra board is when you work any shift when and if they need you.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 PM

47 posts, read 100,087 times
Hey Testosteroneeeeeeeee(ooops sorry)
Thank you for sharing your info. I feel a little better. I hope this is a positive thing for us and hopefully things work out soon. Thanks again

Old 09-10-2009, 04:16 PM

20 posts, read 40,899 times
So...since everyone seems to be posting their situations for "insight" I thought I would throw mine out there. I'm not sure what to think. For starters, I don't live in Vegas, I live 400 miles north up in Reno so I'm not sure if that effects my situation or if I'm considered "out of state" but...back in Jan, I applied for an Administrative Assistant job in the banquet/catering department at Aria. In February I went through a over the phone screening interview, and then in April I went down to Vegas for an in person interview. I interviewed with someone who was a current manager at the Bellagio and she was quick to inform me that she was not at all related to the banquet department at Aria, that each director of the other MGM properties were required to spend a work day down at CityCenter employment interviewing applicants, so this interview was more of a general screening process than it was an actual departmental interview. She explained that once my boss was hired and the banquet/catering management team was in place, that I would be called for a second interview. Well, now it's September, the job offers are supposed to be sent out this month and I have yet to hear anything since April. I check my status on the website about once a week, and the job still says OPEN and my application still says ACTIVE so I'm keeping my hopes up. I've even called and talked to someone at CityCenter, (thinking maybe I missed a call or email, don't we like grasping for straws a month ago who told me that I was still a candidate, my job was still open, and that I should be hearing from someone very soon but..as of yet, nothing. I keep reading on here of people who have had 2 or 3 interviews, and the majority of those on here have had drug tests administered....and I feel like I'm in the dark. Any ideas/help/insight?

Old 09-10-2009, 04:42 PM

3 posts, read 7,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
My source is bell and valet at mirage
Hey there! Hear anything with what's going on in Valet for Aria? I had a department interview with the manager back in April, but haven't heard anything yet since then besides the email that I am still a candidate for the position a month after the interview. I haven't had a drug test and my application status remains "open", and "active". I know that the Mirage front service management are the people going to be in charge of Aria front services. Any news or insights from your source would be great .

Sorry If I haven't been able to share any information with anyone, but as soon as I hear anything, I'll post it up here. Good luck to all and stay positive.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,039,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonAriesGrl View Post
So...since everyone seems to be posting their situations for "insight" I thought I would throw mine out there. I'm not sure what to think. For starters, I don't live in Vegas, I live 400 miles north up in Reno so I'm not sure if that effects my situation or if I'm considered "out of state" but...back in Jan, I applied for an Administrative Assistant job in the banquet/catering department at Aria. In February I went through a over the phone screening interview, and then in April I went down to Vegas for an in person interview. I interviewed with someone who was a current manager at the Bellagio and she was quick to inform me that she was not at all related to the banquet department at Aria, that each director of the other MGM properties were required to spend a work day down at CityCenter employment interviewing applicants, so this interview was more of a general screening process than it was an actual departmental interview. She explained that once my boss was hired and the banquet/catering management team was in place, that I would be called for a second interview. Well, now it's September, the job offers are supposed to be sent out this month and I have yet to hear anything since April. I check my status on the website about once a week, and the job still says OPEN and my application still says ACTIVE so I'm keeping my hopes up. I've even called and talked to someone at CityCenter, (thinking maybe I missed a call or email, don't we like grasping for straws a month ago who told me that I was still a candidate, my job was still open, and that I should be hearing from someone very soon but..as of yet, nothing. I keep reading on here of people who have had 2 or 3 interviews, and the majority of those on here have had drug tests administered....and I feel like I'm in the dark. Any ideas/help/insight?
do you remember what her name was? sounds familiar.. i think she is a lying sob

Old 09-10-2009, 05:20 PM

47 posts, read 103,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionsfan4ever View Post
Are the ones with the blank status still good to go??

Most of us with the blank status have been through the interviews(stand up,phone interview & department interviews) and the drug test/background check process as well.

So....blanks status still good to go??
Blank????? After Being Active For 4 Month's????? : It's A Very Mean
Deception. It's Getting Time To Get Out Of This City.... For Good:

Old 09-10-2009, 05:27 PM

20 posts, read 40,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
do you remember what her name was? sounds familiar.. i think she is a lying sob
Hmmm not at the moment. I might have her name written down in some notes I took afterwards...I'll take a look and get back to you. Yeah. She seemed kind of unprofessional. Gave me the impression that she didn't want to be there and that other department managers from other properties were being "forced" to be there and do this "dirty work". Like she was too good to be down in the employment office conducting interviews...but then again...I guess we all have our bad days...

Old 09-10-2009, 05:34 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,039,624 times
older 50ish, works at bellagio? i wish i could remember the name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas