Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 05:35 PM

905 posts, read 3,457,072 times

Advertisements

After having frozen pizza last night that left a lot to be desired, I made Panang Curry and some spring rolls I froze the other week. Mmm Good!

Last edited by CRock; 11-13-2008 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: trying to attatch photos & make smaller

Old 11-13-2008, 06:15 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,801,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Being the gourmand that I am, we are having leftover sloppy joes tonight! (I just don't feel like cooking for some reason! I think because it is still so darn hot here!)
I haven't had sloppy joes in ages. I'll have to make some tomorrow....

I had a big plate of nachos tonight.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,868,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I'd love to trade a little of your heat for a little of our cool.
Charley in my life I can't remember being as cold as I am tonite-it's painful.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 PM

926 posts, read 2,749,684 times
stuffed mac n cheese with bacon- yowzas!

Old 11-13-2008, 06:33 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,699,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Charley in my life I can't remember being as cold as I am tonite-it's painful.
I would certainly share if I could Lacey. With you and all the rest in need. I'm sitting here in shorts under the AC. One more day of the heat wave and then some relief. Good grilling weather is almost here for a few months I hope. The tacos made with the hash was good tonight. Not bad at all for a salvage operation.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,171,513 times
Hellooooooooooooooo

Today is my one year anniversary of being a NON-SMOKER!!!!!! Yep! Tough!

I tried to make yellow rice and chicken tonight with a can of green peas in it (well, not the actual can). It didn't come out as planned (and not because I left out the can). The taste was missing something, a few somethings, but it was edible. Maybe next time.

Who watches Grey's Anatomy? MEEEEEEEE

Old 11-13-2008, 06:40 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,422,830 times
Hi all.

My computer was out today so I haven't been on too long. Just trying to catch up. Sure now you all had to start naming favorite recipes. I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with the daily posts forget about the older ones.

Hamburgers and brown gravy with onions was awesome last night. It came out just like I remembered.

Tonight was pasta and meat sauce(or should I say gravy?).

Have a good night.

Lisa

Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
After having frozen pizza last night that left a lot to be desired, I made Panang Curry and some spring rolls I froze the other week. Mmm Good!
How do you post our pictures? I just had trouble with my pics from photobucket. Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
stuffed mac n cheese with bacon- yowzas!
Yum. What is"stuffed" mac and cheese. I used to make mac and cheese with bacon and tomatoes and melted extra cheese on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Hellooooooooooooooo

Today is my one year anniversary of being a NON-SMOKER!!!!!! Yep! Tough!

I tried to make yellow rice and chicken tonight with a can of green peas in it (well, not the actual can). It didn't come out as planned (and not because I left out the can). The taste was missing something, a few somethings, but it was edible. Maybe next time.

Who watches Grey's Anatomy? MEEEEEEEE
Woo Hoo. Congrats on the one year. Betcha food tastes better now.

What kind of seasonings did you use?

Yes I watch Grey's but I don't like the 2 "main" characters. Go figure. One is too needy and the other one is too wussy.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 PM

Elston,

Even though this is days old I found a recipe for sugar free cranberry sauce.

Ingredients:
1 bag of fresh cranberries (12 oz)
Sugar substitute equal to 1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation:
1. Put cranberries in a pot on the stove, and pick through to remove soft and/or brown ones.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
3. Stir frequently. The cranberries will pop, and then release their "gel" -- and the sauce will come together like magic. Cook until the sauce is the consistency you want -- 5 to 10 minutes.

Makes 8 servings of cranberry sauce, each approximately 1/4 cup. Each serving has 3 grams of effective carbohydrate and almost 2 grams of fiber.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:51 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,171,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
How do you post our pictures? I just had trouble with my pics from photobucket. Just curious.

Yum. What is"stuffed" mac and cheese. I used to make mac and cheese with bacon and tomatoes and melted extra cheese on top.

Woo Hoo. Congrats on the one year. Betcha food tastes better now.

What kind of seasonings did you use?

Yes I watch Grey's but I don't like the 2 "main" characters. Go figure. One is too needy and the other one is too wussy.

Yeah! Food tastes about 22 lbs better now.

Green pepper, red pepper, onions, garlic, a little salt. I think I should have put tomato sauce but remembered way too late. I also used cut up chicken breast and that doesn't work as well.

Grey's is getting a bit too dumb but it's one of two shows I watch and I haven't broken the habit. The other is Prison Break on Monday nights which is getting soooooooooo hard to watch (bloody/violent) but one of the guys is too cute to give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.