Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 05:48 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times

Advertisements

Hi Cyn-not to worry there's still some meat on these bones! It was one of those bone chilling wet cold nights here and our local Cheers doesn't believe in keeping the heat cranked up.

Bought some boneless chicken thighs and going to make a pot of chicken and rice with peas and pimentoes, celery,pearl onions, fresh mushrooms-comfort food for a snowy day.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:48 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,876,572 times
Thanksgiving dinner was delicious. I did make a small version of the corn. I liked my squash a lot. I was actually glad I made so many veggies (I DO like veggies!!!!) and they WENT!!! Nobody complained and Grandma actually was excited to see them walk through the door.... I was nervous she was going to be overwhelmed when she saw them.... We also had pumpkin, pecan and apple pies!!!!!! I only had a small pc of the pecan pie as it is my FAVORITE and my mom does such a great job on it!!!! She is in charge of all the pies for any function.... So, the week long famy get togethers are over as my aunt and uncle are now on their trek back to Hong Kong.... it was a fun filled week....

Well, another busy day....but, what else have you come to expect from me LOL PTA board meeting, volunteering in school, preK drop off, meeting w/ a teacher for a project I am working on FOR the PTA, then swing over and pick UP for preK, and then pick the DIVA up from school..... won't be home all day.... so I wanted to stop in and say hello....

After all that running around I am making my husband take me out to eat!!!!!

Happy anniversary Nomad!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:21 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,333,273 times
Tonight DH is making Orange Roughy! Yes!! Not sure what we will be having with it yet but I will let y'all know later!
DH wants me to make beef stew tomorrow night...now it's been a couple of years since I made a good old homemade beef stew..I am open for some good ideas here. I remember the basics but would love some other ideas just to make sure I really do remember so I don't mess this up!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times
Cyn-love it and so easy. I lightly flour the beef, brown and remove. Add onions, celery, carrots saute. I always add Lipton's onion soup mix, bottle of beer, beef broth or stock, bay leaf, salt/pepper, little worstershire and put meat back in. I low cook in the over and and hour before add potatoes, pearl onions, peas.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:09 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,333,273 times
Thanks lacey. I never added the beer, sounds good. Never added the onion soup mix either. See, I knew I'd learn something new. Thanks....

Old 11-14-2008, 07:14 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,527,530 times
Good Morning, 15,000 posters. Y'all sure have been busy!

Tonight we are having pork chops that I am marinating in oyster sauce, rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce, worcestershire, onion powder, and soy sauce. I really need to go to the Chinese market soon, I am running out of everything! So I just dumped the ends of a bunch of bottles over the pork chops, that is how I came up with my marinade recipe. I think it'll be good though, I hope.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:27 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,949,382 times
Happy Friday and congrats on the anniversaries Nomad and Vpcats!

Not sure what is in store for dinner tonight. We are going to hit up happy hour for a cocktail for sure though -- maybe we'll just do something simple like PIZZA!!

Getting our first snow in Denver this morning....hopefully the sun will come out later.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:34 AM

849 posts, read 1,954,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Going to go catch up a little, been busy around here...life's little oop's...but see Nomad needs a very chocolate happy anniversary...forget the peppers...

We had a light ham and potato soup with veggies, and this to sop the broth...forgot the soup pics...and thanks so much Nikkzone for the recipe!!! This is fantastic and so easy....
Your bread turned out so beautiful! I love that recipe. It takes time, but so easy. What kind of pan did you use?

Old 11-14-2008, 07:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,043,147 times
Tonight is anyones guess here. I've got to reseal our granite and the master shower today while DW is off at a scrapbook retreat (she hates the smell) so we can't get water on either for 2 days.
My chef kid brought home sourdough starter the other day, sets this bowl of foul smelling goo on the counter and informs me that "I" need to feed it to get it to the sour part and oh by the way dad, it's now your starter that you've always wanted... Gee thanks... (I think).
Oh well, maybe sourdough french bread is in the future!

Old 11-14-2008, 07:41 AM

849 posts, read 1,954,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Good Morning, 15,000 posters. Y'all sure have been busy!

Tonight we are having pork chops that I am marinating in oyster sauce, rice vinegar, sweet chili sauce, worcestershire, onion powder, and soy sauce. I really need to go to the Chinese market soon, I am running out of everything! So I just dumped the ends of a bunch of bottles over the pork chops, that is how I came up with my marinade recipe. I think it'll be good though, I hope.
I'm sure it will be really good. I so love oyster sauce! Ever use oyster sauce in fried rice? Yum.

Good morning everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.