Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 04:45 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Morning all-years ago at a seafood store in Belmar,NJ there was a 25 lb. lobster in the tank/trough. A gentleman came in and bought it for $100!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the meal that made?

While carrying both my kids I ate lobster regularly-they love seafood!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:47 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-years ago at a seafood store in Belmar,NJ there was a 25 lb. lobster in the tank/trough. A gentleman came in and bought it for $100!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the meal that made?
You'd need a portion of drawn butter the size of Lake Tahoe!

Good morning everyone!!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
You'd need a portion of drawn butter the size of Lake Tahoe!

Good morning everyone!!
Just like dying and going to heaven!!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I have to share a lobster story with you.....about 12 years ago I became a vegan vegetarian...very strict about it....(not any more)....as part of it...I went to a lobster pound and bought a live lobster and went to Ogunquit Beach....a most beautiful ocean beach in Maine....I went to where the salt marsh drained into the ocean....as beautiful as a Winslow Homer painting with ebb tides and gulls, beach roses and rocky cliffs and miles of beaches in the other direction....I took my captive lobster....cut off the rubber bands on his little claws...and set him free.....it took him a few minutes of washing in the waves to and fro.....and then he came alert....and with a mighty flip of his tail....took off for the briny deep....

At the time I thought I was done being a menace of the deep.....but after about 6 years......I reverted .
I have to tell ya...you have no idea how many times I have wanted to do the very same thing. I don't ever say it because my DH would probably have me commited but alas, it is true! I have shared my secret with all of you!! I do enjoy lobster tails and I even like fishing. I still find it difficult looking at them when I catch them unless I know I'm throwing them back out into the lake/ocean. But I don't keep anything unless I am going to eat it. DH keeps telling me I can't save the world....but I continue trying! Ha!

Well we have a couple of newbies again! Thank you for those great shares and recipes. Great ideas there. Welcome to our little community of foodies!!

I am so happy! My chicken fajitis turned out soooo good. I know for most of you this sounds silly because they are easy to make but it was my first time!! I have to be concerned about how much "heat" I put in them because of DH...and also trying to please him, well you all know about that!! But he was happy with them also! I had some brown rice as a side and enjoyed it all! YUMMY!!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:45 AM

Oh, speaking of weather...it's 19 here right now! Ok, I'm use to the 50's at night this time of year so yes, I'm cold. And my poor dog is outside! He is in his dog house with a little "heating-disc" but I still feel sorry for him---it's just that the cats really wouldn't much like him in the house with them. I just worry to much I guess!

MBW...I happen to love "SOS"! I have since being a small child. Nothing quite as good as a nice think white sauce with some chipped beef over toast or biscuits! One of my all time favorites! Now I have to go and get some chipped beef!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 11-19-2008 at 06:37 AM..

Old 11-19-2008, 05:59 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Oh, speaking of weather...it's 19 here right now! Ok, I'm use to the 50's at night this time of year so yes, I'm cold. And my poor dog is outside! He is in his dog house with a little "heating-disc" but I still feel sorry for him---it's just that the cats really wouldn't much like him in the house with them. I just worry to much I guess!

MBW...I happen to love "SOS"! I have since being a small child. Nothing quite as good as a nice think white sauce with some chipped beef over toast or biscuits! One of my all time favorites! Now I have to go and get some chipped beef!
I havent had creamed chipped beef in years and years....I like it with toast but also for supper with a boiled potato. It most definately isnt on my diet.....

We used to also make creamed salt cod.....with hard boiled egg slices....Dad called that "Cape Cod Turkey".

Old 11-19-2008, 06:09 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Too cute, MBW!

skbs, how did the shots go??
UGh.... Well.... what have you all come to expect from THE DIVA? So we go in and neither of them want to go (who can blame them)....So I come right out and tell it like it is....ya both are gettin' shots today one of ya has to get up there who's it gonna be?.... The four year old puts on a brave face and says she will do it.... Does it like a champ... NO TEARS... DIVA sees all this, screams, and runs out of the room!!!!! A nurse and I find her down the hall and bring her kicking screaming butt back into the room...where she frees herself and hides under a chair holding onto the legs for dear life to hold it down around her. I am fuming mad and embarassed and frustrated... yet feel badly that she is in such feer and shock.... but mostly annoyed and mad.... So I get her out from under the chair and onto the table and two nurses hold her down and finally get the needle in her arm and she Yells at the top of her lungs "DONE!" and cried the whole way home with the four year old consoling her..... OH, it was a blast! LOL it was a PRIME example of their two personalities..... LOL

Besides that the birthday was a blast and I had a great dinner......

Today is a winter wonderland with a ton of snow.... not sure how much.... I might post a pic later.....So all you in warm weather can get a glimpse... LOL just got all of the bundling attire gathered for school....that is a much dreaded ordeal.... Tonight is Karate.... I think I am making homemade chicken nuggets and roasted potatoes and of course BROCOLLI.... EASY and the kids eat that fast enough..... and without a fight.... have a great day!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 06:36 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,307,324 times
Quote:

hey , that's funny it's 19 degrees here to.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:

Just so there isn't "another" mis-understanding here....my dog is in a dog house that is kept at 59 degrees. I just worry because that is what I do best!

Old 11-19-2008, 06:54 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

While carrying both my kids I ate lobster regularly-they love seafood!
He got a deal. I think big lobsters can be tough, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.