Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 12:52 PM

61 posts, read 105,996 times

Advertisements

WOW!!! King crab legs were on sale at Harris Teeter for $6.99 a pound. Great price. So we bought a couple of pounds, cooked them up and had a baked potatoe and salad last night. They were so sweet and good. Yummmm!! Best price I've found for frozen king crab legs.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:54 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
It's a strange feeling Jaxon to be Mom of the Groom. I was Mother of the Bride 11 years ago but I was in control of that show along with daughter. This is totally different.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,040,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Now you're all going to be thrilled with this original idea: I have some chicken marinating, and some leftover shredded beef.. so I think we will have soft tacos on corn tortillas, topped with onion, cilantro, and hot sauce.

Hmmm.. I am ready now.

Am I the only one who doesn't like sauerkraut? I like "Rachels" not "Reubens" - where they use cole slaw instead of kraut, but I don't think that would translate well to kelsie's dip.
Debsi, Jaxson and all other Kraut not liking people, I never liked kraut until I had some at a german restaraunt/bakery. It was very mellow and not the pungent vinegar type that turned me off of it in the first place. I asked what they did and they said they add beef stock to it while warming it up. Tried it and boy oh boy does it make a difference!

Younglisa, forget the ambesol, try a cotton soaked in whiskey or JD on the tooth! Best case it works, worst case you get a "little" buzz and don't care, either way you win.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:59 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,163,212 times
Last night I made Chicken Parm. grinders (some people call them subs or hoagies) with chips and soda..yummers.

Tonight I'll make stuffed pork chops with apples.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,203,287 times
Lacey I had a hard time when my oldest son was a senior in high school realizing he would be leaving home soon. Proms pictures here at home? I bawled the whole time taking them. I can't imagine seeing him get married yet I pray he does some more growing and maturing before he takes that step. He likes having little fillies, as in plural, right now so I think I am safe from that one day event.

jimj I will have to try the beef stock thanks for sharing that tip. We love cabbage just about anyway but kraut. I canned up 25 quarts one year after it had fermented in a big crock first. Ended up dumping most of it out none of us would eat it. Seems wherever we eat it there is always the strong smell and taste of vinegar too much for our tastes.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:23 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,876,088 times
Mmmmmmmmm all of this rueben talk is making me want one....... NOW...... oh boy..... I wish I had all of the ingredients in the house.... I have SOME of of the stuff.... I wonder if I could make something LIKE it????? hmmmm.....

Well.... hubby said he would come home in time to get Dive to Religion class FOR me!!!! I am so happy What a break..... just got back from picking up the Chatterbox and she is so tired from her first day back to preK after two weeks off..... oh boy!!!! So, I am going to take advantage of her little nap on the sofa and get a head start on dinner.....

Staffsgt good job on the crab legs!

Younglisa sorry about the tooth... ouch.... I say do both the ambesol and JD (maybe a shot on top).... cover all the bases.......

Old 01-05-2009, 01:32 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,799,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Hi all. I'm sorry about the typos in the reps. I'm sitting here with another toothache. It's the same tooth that I just had filled. I'm going for a root canal on Thursday. Oh happy happy joy joy. My dh told me to put anbesol on it and I think I hit a nerve. OWW!
I really feel sorry for you. Toothaches are miserable.

Try some ibuprofen (Advil) for the pain. There's something about it that makes it work better for toothaches than aspirin or Tylenol. When you go in for a root canal, it helps to take one before your appointment too.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
Jaxon when he first left for college (Merchant Marine Academy) I cried for weeks. Always swore when he was going down the aisle I would be wrapped around his ankle-LOL. Many years have passed and I will be walking not holding on!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:37 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,252,858 times
Debsi, HG: Thank you for the tip on the oil. Being in the So. everyone told me I could only use Peanut oil. I have to be careful where we go to play NTN trivia down here b/c most places allow the peanut shells to be thrown on the floor. I choke on the peanut dust, h has to leave his sneakers in the garage when we come home.

I am going to start to make the meatloaf now, be back later.

Those little Reuben sandwiches hit the spot with the turkey soup and cherry cheesecake & tea for lunch.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:46 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,203,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Jaxon when he first left for college (Merchant Marine Academy) I cried for weeks. Always swore when he was going down the aisle I would be wrapped around his ankle-LOL. Many years have passed and I will be walking not holding on!
I can so relate to clinging on the his leg! I am doing well now that it has been over 6 months since he moved out. If he goes 2 weeks without calling me I start to get down but I won't blow up his phone I know he is spreading his wings. I was sad but now I am glad when he said he wasn't starting college last fall it would have been a waste of money and time. Now I will be real upset if he doesn't go fall 2009 though. I waited 5 years after high school to go I was ready then and took it seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.