Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2022, 11:54 PM

44 posts, read 29,346 times

Advertisements

Atlanta lost a couple of traditional luxury retailers post-pandemic (Tod’s, La Perla, Intermix) but is making some impressive gains in watchmaking (Tudor, Breitling, Tag Heuer) and streetwear (Amiri, Ferrari). Veronica Beard replaced Tod’s at Buckhead Village, Gucci will open their second metro area store, and Alexander McQueen is operating a pop-up boutique at Lenox. Will be interesting to see what tenants Jamestown courts for Buckhead as Dior and Brunello Cucinelli are relocating to Phipps Plaza.

Another brand worth a mention is Ganni (ditto to Maria Tash and Scalan Theodore). Ganni is expanding in both Dallas and Houston.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/...i-steve-radom/

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/f...nni-breitling/

Last edited by Living Colour; 04-16-2022 at 12:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2022, 12:00 AM

48 posts, read 24,039 times
imo (in no order either)
atl
chicago
dallas
houston
ny
la
sf

Old 04-17-2022, 02:59 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
All of the luxury tennants of the Woodlands opened post pandemic (except maybe Louis Vuittion which might’ve opened right before). Prior to this, all of Houston’s luxury shopping was clustered around Westheimer and Post Oak. So it will be interesting to see how it keeps developing.

Anyone from Phoenix have any updates on that new development in Scottsdale?
Did Houston lose its Prada store in the Galleria? Only show it in a dept store now.

Old 04-17-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Colour View Post
Atlanta lost a couple of traditional luxury retailers post-pandemic (Tod’s, La Perla, Intermix) but is making some impressive gains in watchmaking (Tudor, Breitling, Tag Heuer) and streetwear (Amiri, Ferrari). Veronica Beard replaced Tod’s at Buckhead Village, Gucci will open their second metro area store, and Alexander McQueen is operating a pop-up boutique at Lenox. Will be interesting to see what tenants Jamestown courts for Buckhead as Dior and Brunello Cucinelli are relocating to Phipps Plaza.

Another brand worth a mention is Ganni (ditto to Maria Tash and Scalan Theodore). Ganni is expanding in both Dallas and Houston.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/...i-steve-radom/

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/f...nni-breitling/
Maria Tash and Scanlan Theordore are opening in Dallas as well.

Old 04-17-2022, 04:41 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Did Houston lose its Prada store in the Galleria? Only show it in a dept store now.
It appears so.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
It appears so.
I know that Prada had been quoted saying they had their eyes on Austin a while back and rumored to make a return to Dallas after leaving in the 90s. I wonder if the Houston store affects the chances of this in a positive or negative way.

Old 04-17-2022, 09:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 6,566,773 times
Quote:
I know that Prada had been quoted saying they had their eyes on Austin a while back and rumored to make a return to Dallas after leaving in the 90s. I wonder if the Houston store affects the chances of this in a positive or negative way.
I’ll look into it tomorrow. I’ve heard a rumor they were looking to renovate after a lot of other stores in the Galleria began renovating so it could be temporary, but that was a few years ago (before COVID) so I’m not sure.

Galleria officials are revamping one of the wings adjacent to the Saks area where Christian Dior and some other stores are planting there so it could be related to this. I’ll post here tomorrow.

If the remodel is the case, the chances of a Dallas or Austin store opening would be positive because that would signify Prada back in expansion mode in USA which has been lagging for the last few years. If the case is that it permanently close, I would think it’s neither positive nor negative for Austin or Dallas chances.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:59 PM

9,848 posts, read 6,566,773 times
Spoke to some Prada employees earlier. Prada is undergoing renovation and is expected to open its new Galleria in Q1 2023.

They boutique is temporarily operating in Saks in the meantime. The Galleria location opened more than 10 years ago and since then most of the luxury tennants have shifted to the new wing next to Saks so I would imagine that’s why they decided to renovate

Prada Austin seems to still be a thing. Didn’t hear anything about Prada Dallas but as I mentioned above, it seems Prada is boosting is finally investing in America which it previously lagged so I wouldn’t be surprised if a Prada Dallas came to be sooner than later

For now, Marfa will hold it down in Texas

Old 04-18-2022, 02:00 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,736,928 times
Quote:
Maria Tash and Scanlan Theordore are opening in Dallas as well.
Scanlan Theordore is opening at City Center DC also.

Old 04-18-2022, 09:22 PM

23 posts, read 32,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Anyone from Phoenix have any updates on that new development in Scottsdale?
Still nothing about The Palmeraie, the new development in Scottsdale. The new Ritz Carlton adjacent to it is supposed to open this fall, so maybe there will be some announcement around that time.

Meanwhile, Scottsdale Fashion Square continues to add high-end retailers - Louboutin opened last month, Louis Vuitton Men's and Balenciaga are slated for the summer, and Brunello Cucinelli and Panerai are on the way as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City