Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2021, 02:38 PM

9,379 posts, read 9,335,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Was the "Best cities for high end shopping destinations 2021" ever posted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I wasn't speaking about a new thread, but I thought people were giving updates so that there would be an update. Perhaps I'm mistaken.
ParaguaneroSwag is working on the updated list. I'm sure it takes a while to compose accurately, so stay tuned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 03:25 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
I guess this belongs here. Louis Vuitton puts out city guides for selected cities around the world and 5 cities from North America were included.

Louis Vuitton City Guides

North America
Chicago
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
San Francisco

https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/m...ton-city-guide

Old 01-06-2022, 03:32 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Louis Vuitton held its first ever US fashion show in conjunction with Miami’s Art Basel last month….it turned out to be a tribute instead to one of their top designers, Virgil Abloh, who died prior to the planned event at the age of 41 from cancer:

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...691c78ffc83336

https://fashionunited.uk/news/fashio...20159728?amp=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I guess this belongs here. Louis Vuitton puts out city guides for selected cities around the world and 5 cities from North America were included.

Louis Vuitton City Guides

North America
Chicago
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
San Francisco

https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/m...ton-city-guide

Last edited by elchevere; 01-06-2022 at 03:45 PM..

Old 01-06-2022, 04:08 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Louis Vuitton held its first ever US menswear event in conjunction with Miami’s Art Basel last month….it turned out to be a tribute to one of their top designers, Virgil Abloh, who died prior to the planned event at the age of 41 from cancer:

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...691c78ffc83336

https://fashionunited.uk/news/fashio...20159728?amp=1
Virgil Abloh was so talented, so saddened by his death.

Anyhow, I think something like this is more of what people with unhealthy civic pride would want...
Louis Vuitton San Francisco Limited Edition Neverfull GM |In LVoe with Louis Vuitton

I have 2 of these from my husband who happened to be at America's Cup and he knew I would want this so...he grabbed them.

I've also seen Aspen, Hawaii, Maui and Palm Beach bags for the US---there's probably more but these are the ones I've seen.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:05 AM

23 posts, read 32,146 times
This thread is a little cold, so I will share a quick update on Phoenix/Scottsdale.

Louis Vuitton Men's is opening in Scottsdale Fashion Square (confirmed by staff at the existing LV store already there). There is a rumor that Balenciaga is opening there as well.

Still nothing on The Palmeraie, which becomes increasingly strange as the opening date for the Ritz Carlton is later this year.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPHX View Post
This thread is a little cold, so I will share a quick update on Phoenix/Scottsdale.

Louis Vuitton Men's is opening in Scottsdale Fashion Square (confirmed by staff at the existing LV store already there). There is a rumor that Balenciaga is opening there as well.

Still nothing on The Palmeraie, which becomes increasingly strange as the opening date for the Ritz Carlton is later this year.
Building off that...

Van Cleef & Arpels
Balenciaga
Dolce & Gabbana

All confirmed for KoP Mall. Great to see the list of luxury retailers expanding.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:30 PM

226 posts, read 133,113 times
Top 5 gotta be (in no order)

Los Angeles (Rodeo dr)

New York (Fifth ave)

Chicago (Michigan ave)

Miami... (Lincoln rd)

Those are definitely top 4 staples. Which would be 5? Gotta be either SF or Vegas. What y'all think?

Old 02-09-2022, 04:04 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Lincoln Road is nothing special…..Design District, Aventura and Bal Harbour are more prominent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtyfygiu View Post

Los Angeles (Rodeo dr)

New York (Fifth ave)

Chicago (Michigan ave)

Miami... (Lincoln rd)

Those are definitely top 4 staples. Which would be 5? Gotta be either SF or Vegas. What y'all think?

Old 02-09-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtyfygiu View Post

Los Angeles (Rodeo dr)

New York (Fifth ave)

Chicago (Michigan ave)

Miami... (Lincoln rd)

I would argue that Soho has more offerings than 5th Avenue, but it's more of a district.

And Miami would be the numbered streets in the design district.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:58 PM

497 posts, read 352,105 times
Pre-pandemic SF Union Square should be on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City