Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2021, 10:50 AM

9,902 posts, read 6,602,126 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the delays everyone. Work got busy the last month or so. I’m in the” “Gs” right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 11:03 PM

497 posts, read 352,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Its by metro. And eh, I don't know, Seattle flirts with top 10-12, but "easily" is def not the case.

My top 11 in relative order...

1. New York City
2. Los Angeles
3. Miami

4-11. Some combo of: Dallas, Houston, San Fran, Vegas, Atlanta, Boston, Philadelphia, Honolulu.

Seattle falls just outside of the mix.

Van Cleef surprises me since they have full boutiques in several Neiman Marcus locations. Sometimes I do not understand the logic of some designers, why they omit certain major markets.
you forgot Chicago and DC

Old 10-27-2021, 11:06 PM

497 posts, read 352,587 times
Also Atlanta's Buckhead has more luxury stores than Seattle

Old 10-27-2021, 11:58 PM

135 posts, read 124,779 times
Per capita: Scottsdale, Arizona (Fashion Square); and Newport Beach, California (Fashion Island). Both of these areas are loaded with every high-end store you can imagine including but not limited Armani, Dolce, Gucci, Kiton, Louis, Rolex, Saint Laurent, and Tom Ford.

Old 10-28-2021, 06:14 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,556,774 times
Both are great malls with a good selection of high end retailers for their size but offer far from every high end brand you can imagine—including Kiton and Tom Ford referenced below; websites for these 2 brands do not list having standalone boutiques in those 2 towns (rather, a limited selection from these 2 brands might be carried within a department store—as is the case for a couple of dozen other cities—at those 2 malls).

https://us.kiton.com/pages/boutiques

https://www.tomford.com/stores#page/1

Of the 2 areas mentioned, Newport Beach does have the advantage of being a short 10-15 minute drive to South Coast Plaza—which has many more high end stores and boutiques, and an hour+ from Beverly Hills/LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Global Citizen View Post
Per capita: Scottsdale, Arizona (Fashion Square); and Newport Beach, California (Fashion Island). Both of these areas are loaded with every high-end store you can imagine including but not limited Armani, Dolce, Gucci, Kiton, Louis, Rolex, Saint Laurent, and Tom Ford.

Last edited by elchevere; 10-28-2021 at 06:43 AM..

Old 10-28-2021, 09:06 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
you forgot Chicago and DC
Wow, my bad. Then Seattle is definitely not top 10 or even close. I would add Chicago and DC to the 4-13 group. Chicago is definitely closer to the front end.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:36 PM

23 posts, read 32,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Global Citizen View Post
I don't think that Scottsdale is quite at the Kiton level, and Scottsdale Fashion Square pales in comparison to South Coast Plaza. I imagine that the Palmeraie will close that gap significantly. I expect that Tom Ford will open at the Palmeraie whenever that opens. Armani and Dolce too. We already have the rest. For many reasons the retail part of the Palmeraie is taking forever. I think some retailers (e.g., Louboutin, Dior) are growing impatient and going to Scottsdale Fashion Square. But there are still plenty of high-end stores that could go into the Palmeraie.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:01 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
A small update...

Per my friend employed with Van Cleef & Arpels, the brand has planned stores for King of Prussia and Tysons opening within the next 8-18 months. They are already located in the Neiman Marcus in Tysons, but plan to leave and open a standalone boutique.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:58 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Zimmerman Houston store was just reannounced. I figured plans were scrapped after COVID delayed it. The Rolex boutique at ROD was also confirmed. Wonder if the Galleria rolex will remain open.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:52 PM

13,728 posts, read 15,768,537 times
The following brand-new stores have opened at City Center DC downtown:

1. Akris
2. Breitling
3. Brioni
4. Brunello Cucinelli
5. Chanel
6. Giorgio Armani

Some of these opened in the summer so they may already be on the DC list.

Last edited by MDAllstar; 12-01-2021 at 11:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City