Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2021, 11:07 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
It's on the rise -- they recently launched a collaboration with the Nordstrom NY Flagship
Wow interesting, never heard of them prior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 11:30 PM

14,177 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
In all, Pittsburgh has Burberry, Coach, Kate Spade, Lacoste, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Peloton, Swarovski, Tiffany & Co., Tory Burch, Tumi and Warby Parker.
Between Walnut Street west of Broad ("Rittenhouse Row") and King of Prussia (3rd largest mall in the US, and maybe still 1st in terms of actual retail space), you can find all of these in Philadelphia and its suburbs. Kate Spade also has an outlet store in the Fashion District mall in Center City.

I'd say the Fashion District may be the largest off-price mall in the country. If only.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:08 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Between Walnut Street west of Broad ("Rittenhouse Row") and King of Prussia (3rd largest mall in the US, and maybe still 1st in terms of actual retail space), you can find all of these in Philadelphia and its suburbs. Kate Spade also has an outlet store in the Fashion District mall in Center City.

I'd say the Fashion District may be the largest off-price mall in the country. If only.
I was just pointing out that Pittsburgh was missing from the lists for several stores.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:39 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
I was just pointing out that Pittsburgh was missing from the lists for several stores.
No shade to Pittsburgh, but it only has Burberry, Tiffany, and Louis Vuitton. The other brands are nice, but not luxury. (list of qualifiers found on page 65).

Old 10-26-2021, 11:29 PM

365 posts, read 230,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
I do not believe Seattle has a Saks or Nieman Marcus. So Seattle is pretty low on the list.

1) NYC
2) LA
3) CHI
4) BOS
5) PHL
6) SF
7) MIA
8) ATL

It all kinds of falls off from here. The King of Prussia Mall is one of the largest and highest grossing malls in the nation and has, Nieman, Bloomies, Nordstrom and soon to be Saks 5th Avenue relocating from Philadelphia proper.
If you count Bellevue (which you should because it borders Seattle) then Seattle is easily top 10.

Old 10-27-2021, 06:27 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
For its reputation and size I’m a little shocked Phoenix/Scottsdale does not have boutiques from any of the following high end retailers: Berluti, Brioni, Canali, Isaia, Kiton, Richard Mille, Tom Ford, Van Cleef & Arpels, Versace, Zegna, etc...I’m sure there are others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPHX View Post
Scottsdale is getting a Louboutin - but at Scottsdale Fashion Square, opening Spring 2022. It will be interesting to see The Palmeraie and Fashion Square compete.

Last edited by elchevere; 10-27-2021 at 06:50 AM..

Old 10-27-2021, 06:46 AM

503 posts, read 800,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarSeltzer View Post
If you count Bellevue (which you should because it borders Seattle) then Seattle is easily top 10.
Maybe just outside the top 10. Dallas and Houston are easily top 10.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:44 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarSeltzer View Post
Its by metro. And eh, I don't know, Seattle flirts with top 10-12, but "easily" is def not the case.

My top 11 in relative order...

1. New York City
2. Los Angeles
3. Miami

4-11. Some combo of: Dallas, Houston, San Fran, Vegas, Atlanta, Boston, Philadelphia, Honolulu.

Seattle falls just outside of the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
For its reputation and size I’m a little shocked Phoenix/Scottsdale does not have boutiques from any of the following high end retailers: Berluti, Brioni, Canali, Isaia, Kiton, Richard Mille, Tom Ford, Van Cleef & Arpels, Versace, Zegna, etc...I’m sure there are others.
Van Cleef surprises me since they have full boutiques in several Neiman Marcus locations. Sometimes I do not understand the logic of some designers, why they omit certain major markets.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:37 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
A lot of these brands aren’t even in bigger markets than Phoenix.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:43 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
There is at least 1 (most with more) of these in bigger and smaller cities than Phoenix—including NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston, SF, Miami, Boston, Philadelphia/King of Prussia, Atlanta, D.C, Dallas, and Las Vegas.

Correction—looks like there is a Versace boutique in Scottsdale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
A lot of these brands aren’t even in bigger markets than Phoenix.

Last edited by elchevere; 10-27-2021 at 08:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City