Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2022, 09:24 AM

9,902 posts, read 6,602,126 times

Advertisements

Went ahead and re started the list for 2022. I’ll post some of the bigger brands here as I go along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 10:03 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,556,774 times
Are we still adding to the list?

The Webster (Miami, NYC, LA and Houston have outlets).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
I think we could add some of these:

Paul Smith
Roger Vivier
Moschino
Manolo Blahnik
Mulberry
Buccellati
Bally
Delvaux
Thom Browne
Off-White
Chloe
MCM
Stone Island
Jaeger-LeCoultre
A. Lange & Sohne
Pomellato
Rick Owens
Vivienne Westwood
BAPE
Furla
Gentle Monster
Tod's
Giuseppe Zanotti
Stuart Weitzman
Oscar de la Renta

if we also consider some exclusive salon perfumeries:

Frederic Malle
Kilian
Byredo
Diptyque
Atelier Cologne
Le Labo

Old 05-01-2022, 06:35 PM

570 posts, read 560,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Austin - South Congress is also entering the convo. They’re opening an Hermes
They opened up on Friday.

Old 05-02-2022, 11:35 AM

Was wondering what was taking Zimmermann so long to open. Apparently it’s a part of a new renovation and park just announced at River Oaks District

Old 05-04-2022, 11:23 PM

254 posts, read 114,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Philadelphia hasn't had issues with smash & grabs, besides that one weekend in 2020 during the George Floyd mess. Plus most luxury retailers in the Philly area are in the burbs, which is much more sheltered.

Chicago and San Fran have been hit hard, although Chicago hasn't lost any luxury retailers, San Fran lost a few.
New York has had a few notable smash & grab incidents, but seems to have calmed down. But the Valentino flagship on 5th Avenue closed, another huge vacancy.
Valentino still Operates there soho store. I knew that store was going to close on 5th Ave

Old 05-05-2022, 12:46 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,342,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKafrican1 View Post
Valentino still Operates there soho store. I knew that store was going to close on 5th Ave
There is a Madison Avenue store too. The former flagship on 5th was not sustainable anymore.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:16 AM

497 posts, read 352,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
There is a Madison Avenue store too. The former flagship on 5th was not sustainable anymore.
Valentino has been declining for a long time, along with many Italian legacy brands like Armani and Prada...

Old 05-07-2022, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Valentino has been declining for a long time, along with many Italian legacy brands like Armani and Prada...
Prada declining? That’s a stretch.

The biggest criticism for Prada was their failure to grow their presence in North America. But they seem to be addressing that. Seeing the Houston Galleria location is getting renovated plus Austin, Phoenix and some others getting locations, I would say they’re kicking their expansion fairly well.

I agree with Valentino and Armani though.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Prada declining? That’s a stretch.

The biggest criticism for Prada was their failure to grow their presence in North America. But they seem to be addressing that. Seeing the Houston Galleria location is getting renovated plus Austin, Phoenix and some others getting locations, I would say they’re kicking their expansion fairly well.

I agree with Valentino and Armani though.
Prada used to be really, really good. They failed to keep up with the momentum and their design just became too niche to be marketable. They are doing much better recently but still have some distance to go to reach its past prime.

Old 05-07-2022, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Prada used to be really, really good. They failed to keep up with the momentum and their design just became too niche to be marketable. They are doing much better recently but still have some distance to go to reach its past prime.
Here's a nice piece in NYTimes on Prada:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/18/s...hion-week.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City