Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2022, 07:49 AM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are NOT "persons." God the Father is Spirit and His Spirit is Holy, Duh! Jesus is a Human who was conceived by God's Holy Spirit, born of a woman, and His human Spirit was taught and groomed to maturity under the guidance of God's Holy Spirit. At maturity, His human Spirit was IDENTICAL to God's Holy Spirit and it pleased God at His baptism. When He was crucified and died His human Spirit was "born again" as the Holy Spirit (Comforter) as ALL human Spirits are.

But His "born again" human Spirit is identical to God's Holy Spirit connecting ALL "born again" human Spirits with God permanently. He sits at the right hand of God as the head of us all and abides with us in our consciousness to guide us to the Truth. Your Triunity is born of human ignorance and superstition and lack of knowledge about the actual basis of "personhood" in our consciousness (human Spirit), IMVKO.
You have some screwy beliefs born of your arrogance and your own ignorance. The term 'person' is perfectly valid when applied to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit who make up the Trinity. Each of them are presented in the New Testament as being God and being distinct from each other. One God in three persons.

As I said, you really shouldn't tout your opinions as if they are dogmatic fact. You just look foolish in doing so.

But this isn't the topic of this thread so I'll leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 01:29 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
Thanks Matthew, I will review these scriptures.

He will not come as a thief in the night for those who know what to watch for.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-6: "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober."

Jesus told his disciples exactly what to watch for in Matthew 24. I have been watching for many years and something happened recently that may indicate the time is nearer than many believe.

No, he comes as a thief in the second season on Rosh Hashanah known as Yom Hakeseh, the hidden day.

The day has always been hidden to all Gentiles for good reason.

Paul didnt have no New Testament, he walked in the law and taught the law and prophets to people he doubted would ever be born again by Jesus being forned in them, he called them his little babies because even though he himself was teaching them, they didnt have a clue.

One thing they did know was the times and seasons and this isnt watchin the news, its actually knowing the appointed visitation days of Jesus just like today, and you have no idea what day it is and just how much opportunity there is today, you dint know because you dont know that you even have two seasons most likely.

Again, you have two seasons made up of 3 harvests and 7 feasts if Messiah where there is only one thing required for YOU TO DO.

YOU HAVE TO WATCH AND BY GOD, BE FREAKING AWARE OF WHAT TODAY IS, AND WHAT IS COMING IN THE NEXT 6 WEEKS.

All you have to do is study the two seasons with their 3 harvests and 7 feasts

Know the times and seasons because you are the temple and they are your appointed days of visitation where all you have to do is remember God, and to know what is happening in the heavenly realm today, and every holy day of God.

Right now you have more opportunity than you will ever have in your whole life or maybe next year.

Its sad because God could do something for you on certain days, but Christians dont know what days to ask God, they ASSUME that every day is the same, but it is not.

Paul would have known what today was and he would have been teaching it.

THIS IS WHAT A REAL ANTI CHRIST COMES TO DO, TO CHANGE THE TIMES AND SEASONS WITH ALL ITS SABBATHS AND CULTURE, IT IS THE FIRST THING EVERY CONQEROR DOES, ANTI CHRIST COMES CHANGING THE LAW, THE SACRIFICES, THE FEASTS THEMSELVES BUT WHERE ANTIOCHUS EPIPHANIES FAILED, HE FAILED MISERABLY, CONSTANTINE SUCCEEDED. CHRISTIANITY UNDER HADIAN, CONSTANTINE, AND MARTIN LUTHER, AND THESE WERE ALL ANTI CHRIST CHANGING THE TIMES AND SEASONS. THESE ARE ANTI CHRIST DOING EXACTLY WHAT ANTIOCHUS FAILED AT, TO RID THE WORLD OF GOD' WORSHIP SYSTEM, TO HATE THE CHOSEN NATION, THE LAW, AND THE PROPHETS, JESUS IS JUST ANOTHER FACET OF MANY SIDES OF ANTI CHRIST, THE LAWLESS. It is ant Christ not to believe in Christ but that is only in the scope of MANY THINGS. OF ANTI CHRIST .
IT IS ALL UNDER THE SCOPE OF JUDAISM, THAT MESSIAH COMES TO DO AWAY WITH GOD'S RELIGION AND THAT IS WHAT CHRISTIANS TEACH.

Maccabees
Because of them the residents of Jerusalem fled;
she became a dwelling of strangers;
she became strange to her offspring,
and her children forsook her.
[39] Her sanctuary became desolate as a desert;
her feasts were turned into mourning,
her sabbaths into a reproach,
her honor into contempt.
[40] Her dishonor now grew as great as her glory;
her exaltation was turned into mourning.
[41]
Then the king wrote to his whole kingdom that all should be one people,
(Antiouchus telling Jews to forsake their customs and feasts while he sacrifices a swine on the alter and resurrectes a statue of anti Christ.

[42] and that each should give up his customs.
[43] All the Gentiles accepted the command
of the king. Many even from Israel gladly adopted his religion; they sacrificed to idols and profaned the sabbath.
[44] And the king sent letters by messengers to Jerusalem and the cities of Judah; he directed them to follow customs strange to the land,
[45] to forbid burnt offerings and sacrifices and drink offerings in the sanctuary, to profane sabbaths and feasts,
[46] to defile the sanctuary and the priests,
[47] to build altars and sacred precincts and shrines for idols, to sacrifice swine and unclean animals,
[48] and to leave their sons uncircumcised. They were to make themselves abominable by everything unclean and profane,
[49] so that they should forget the law and change all the ordinances.
[50] "And whoever does not obey the command of the king shall die."

To change the times and seasons of our God that so the YOUTH COMPLETELY FLOCKED TO IT

Antiochus Epiphanies was Daniel's anti Christ where he built a NUDE gymnasium for the youth of Israel to change little children away from their times and SEASONS that they wouldnt know the visitation days APPOINTED BY GOD.

The Anti Christ almost achieved turning kids away from God's two seasons.

[b]Daniel ~ And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

1 Theesonians
1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Sudden destruction comes upon them when Jesus BREAKS INTO THEIR BEING AND KILLS THE CHILD OF THE WOMB.

The kingdom of heaven cannot be bestowed upon an immature baby whether the person is a new Christian or a 40 year old Christian, only through maturity is Christ formed as a mature son after many years.

The 40 year old Christian was appointed keeper over the household of God to give that child meat in DUE SEASON.

There are 7 BBQS OF MEAT THAT ARE APPOINTED FOR THE COMING OF OUR LORD. 7 missions of Christ

Like Passover representing death and the crearion of a bride from his own body, and like unleavened bread was Jesus put into a tomb, and like firstfruits with the resurrection of our Lord, and the betrothal to the bride of Pentecost with each day with its traditions of the mysties and missions of Christ, so too is the marriage set up and designed for a marriage teaching the marriage of Christ, the wedding feast, the birth of the son on Tabernacles and the day YOUR SON IS CIRCUMCISED LEAVING AN IMMORTAL ON SHEMINI ATZERET. THIS IS THE DEEP TRUTH, THE MEAT OF THE WORD, THE GOSPEL SHOWN THROUGH 7 DAYS MAKING ONE WEEK, your week, YOUR 7 YEAR COVENANT.

THESE FEASTS ARE THE MEAT IN DUE SEASON, YOU HAVE TO FEED GOD'S CHILD INSIDE YOU.TO KNOW THEM IS TO KNOW JESUS, TO KNOW THYSELF.

The wicked servant WAS PUT IN CHARGE OF THE SON OF GOD TO GIVE GOD'S SON MEAT IN DUE SEASON.

That servant was divided IN THE APPOINTED DAY OF DIVISION.

THAT servant who has COMPLETE AUTHORITY OVER GOD'S SON WOULD NOT GIVE GOD'S SON MEAT IN DUE SEASON TO MATURE A BABY TO A MATURE SON.

THAT SERVANT IS CUT IN HALF AS IT IS TODAY.

He is appointed his lot amongst the sinners in the court of darkness because he had the child of God in his womb for 40 YEARS, and he literally starved and neglected the son of God refusing to teach him the 7 feasts of Christ.

Everything changes.

It is ONLY THEN that the kingdom of heaven becomes as ten virgins, only the cutting in two of the wicked servant who wouldnt teach God's ways to the child given to him by God TO TEACH.

The cutting in half of the servant changed the kingdom for very good reason.

Jesus had taken a Jew and a Gentile to make the two one.

Then the Gentiles rejected everything called of God or worshipped of God REJECTING THE STUDY OF JESUS IN THE 7 MISSIONS WHERE EACH FEAST PORTRAY A GREAT FREAKING MIRACLE ON EACH DAY THAT EACH ONE OF US SHOULD STRIVE TO LEARN THE DEEP, DEEP, DEEP HIDDEN TRUTH OF THE 7 MISSIONS, THEY ARENT JUST THE MEAT OF THE SPIRIT, THEY ARE REAL LIVE BBQ'S WHERE PEOPLE GOUGE ON MEAT FOR THE SYMBOLISM OF THE FACT, THAT IN LEARNING THE 7 FEASTS OF MEAT, YOU LEARN THE GREAT SECRETS OF GOD.

That Passover created you, that PENTECOST is your BETROTHAL, that the fall holy days that EVERY CHRISTIAN SPEAKS OF, THESE ARE THE MEAT OF THE SPIRIT, OF THE WORD

Now, to the CHRISTIAN who rejects teaching GOD'S son the meat of the word, CHRISTIANS LITERALLY FIGHT AGAINST THE KNOWLEDGE, THEY WOULD VEER ANY NEW CONVERT FROM KNOWING THE MEAT.

AND SO IT IS.

CUT CLEAN IN TO, AND NOW THE KINGDOM IS AS TEN VIRGINS.

THAT IS WHY JESUS COMES TO KILL ALL THE BABIES IN ALL HIS 7 CHURCHES, THEY ARE IMMATURE BABIES, AND THERE WILL STAND AN ABUSIVE, NEGLECTFUL BETROTHED BRIDE OF CHRIST, BUT SHE WILL IN NO WAY ENTER INTO THE WEDDING CHAMBER.

THE KING IS IN THE FIELD RIGHT NOW WHILE WE ARE TALJING4, HE IS HERE AMONGST US UNLIKE ANY OTHER TIME OF THE YEAR.

GOD TELLS US THAT IF WE ARE TO ASK ANYTHING OF HIM,THESE ARE HIS APPOINTED DAYS FOR YOU TO ASK.

Not in 3 months from now, not in 4 months from Now.

Right now, right now the king has literally left his throne and is currently with his people closer than they will ever get.

This is a time of Teshuvah, and there is no other time like it, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE GET TO TISHR 1.

THE TEN DAYS OF TESHUVAH, THERE IS NO OTHER DAYS THAT CAN COMPARE.

GOD IS LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER RIGHT NOW.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-02-2022 at 02:55 AM..

Old 09-03-2022, 12:13 AM

332 posts, read 84,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No, he comes as a thief in the second season on Rosh Hashanah known as Yom Hakeseh, the hidden day.

The day has always been hidden to all Gentiles for good reason.
I am just interested in a rational discussion about the second coming, one point at a time.

Can you tell me why a cup of wine is placed for Elijah at the Passover Seder meal?

Old 09-05-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I am just interested in a rational discussion about the second coming, one point at a time.

Can you tell me why a cup of wine is placed for Elijah at the Passover Seder meal?
At the Seder, a cup of wine is brougt out with this blessing: "Blessed are You, L-rd our G-d, King of the Universe, who creates the fruit of the vine."

Jesus said at this feast, " I am the true vine." Israel is God's vineyard, and Jesus the choice vine.

There are 5 cups of wine with much ceremony.

The cup of blessing
The cup of wrath poured out
The cup of blesing and redemption
The cup of the kingdom

After these 4 there is another cup called the cup of Elijah that only Elijah can drink, or one that comes in the spirit of Elijah, or Messiah.

That cup is poured out but Jesus talked about drinking it and so he was saying in no uncertain terms," I am Messiah."

" I am the vine."

At Passover you open the door for Elijah symbolic of the spirit of Elijah coming into your house, your tent which symbolizes you, your body.

Old 09-05-2022, 09:29 PM

720 posts, read 705,265 times
No disrespect intended. What you have put forth is not even close to being correct. So many times I have seen this mixed up religious interpetation put forth. 1. You can never understand scripture or its eschatology if you do not understand the ''Old" Testament and all the meanings brought forth in the "New" Testament. 2. You must understand Hebrew culture, and idioms. 3. Never try to read or understand scripture through Western eyes or thought. 4. Start your research without traditional church doctrine. If you will do these things earnestly you will come back to your post and wonder, what in the world was I thinking. Growing up I was also indoctrinated by the same popular church belief and tried to defend it at every turn. This lead me to research and study diligently for most of my life. I became a Professional Historian at 26 and learned Hebrew and Ancient Greek by the time I was 36. The scriptures has been my life long passion. I didn't respond to your post to be controversial but to prompt you to revisit and try to prove why you think what you posted is true and please don't cherry pick scriptures out of context and put them together to suit your narrative. With this said, don't take this as an insult but a reason to prove scripture without bias. Good luck to you and may our father give you understanding.

Old 09-05-2022, 09:32 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
I use this verse with regularity, and here it is again.
Matthew 7;21,22,23,
Jesus said, Not every one that says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of My Father in Heaven. many will say "Have we not prophesied in your name, cast out demons in your name, and done many wonderful works in your name?"
And then I will declare unto them, "I never knew you, depart from me you who practice lawlessness."

First of all, it is a lie to call Jesus "Lord" if He has no Lordship in you.
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place. John 16; Acts 2;
Matthew 23;8, 9, 10, Jesus said, Do not be called rabbi, father, or teacher.
It did not take long for men to disobey Him.
Paul is not guiltless in this matter.
I digress,
There have been many times just the same as we are enduring now and many men supposed that it was time by their interpretation of scriptures. But God taught me saying, "When you need to act I will tell you".
I have trusted His guidance through out my life, and have no fear of the future.
I suggest those that see they need Jesus' Lordship, seek that more earnestly, more than connecting dots with men's speculation.

Old 09-05-2022, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
No disrespect intended. What you have put forth is not even close to being correct. So many times I have seen this mixed up religious interpetation put forth. 1. You can never understand scripture or its eschatology if you do not understand the ''Old" Testament and all the meanings brought forth in the "New" Testament. 2. You must understand Hebrew culture, and idioms. 3. Never try to read or understand scripture through Western eyes or thought. 4. Start your research without traditional church doctrine. If you will do these things earnestly you will come back to your post and wonder, what in the world was I thinking. Growing up I was also indoctrinated by the same popular church belief and tried to defend it at every turn. This lead me to research and study diligently for most of my life. I became a Professional Historian at 26 and learned Hebrew and Ancient Greek by the time I was 36. The scriptures has been my life long passion. I didn't respond to your post to be controversial but to prompt you to revisit and try to prove why you think what you posted is true and please don't cherry pick scriptures out of context and put them together to suit your narrative. With this said, don't take this as an insult but a reason to prove scripture without bias. Good luck to you and may our father give you understanding.
This meant for me?

Old 09-06-2022, 06:12 PM

332 posts, read 84,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
At the Seder, a cup of wine is brougt out with this blessing: "Blessed are You, L-rd our G-d, King of the Universe, who creates the fruit of the vine."

Jesus said at this feast, " I am the true vine." Israel is God's vineyard, and Jesus the choice vine.

There are 5 cups of wine with much ceremony.

The cup of blessing
The cup of wrath poured out
The cup of blesing and redemption
The cup of the kingdom

After these 4 there is another cup called the cup of Elijah that only Elijah can drink, or one that comes in the spirit of Elijah, or Messiah.

That cup is poured out but Jesus talked about drinking it and so he was saying in no uncertain terms," I am Messiah."

" I am the vine."

At Passover you open the door for Elijah symbolic of the spirit of Elijah coming into your house, your tent which symbolizes you, your body.
That is very interesting. Thank you for answering my question about Elijah and the Seder meal. I would like to learn how this tradition began.

Does it come from the Prophet Malachi? Malachi 4:5-6 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

Is the coming of Elijah to the Passover meal only symbolic? Or is a symbolic precursor of when Elijah comes before the coming of the Messiah? / (Second coming of Jesus for Christians).

Why does he come during Passover?

Thank you, I don't think we have to agree on everything, but I am interested in Jewish tradition and in what others believe.

Old 09-08-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
If rebuilt, it is not Ezekiel's Temple. His dimensions are not complete. And ANY return to animal sacrifice is an unforgivable sin (Heb 6ff).
Ezekiel's temple is standing, Jesus was the river that came out if it.

Old 09-08-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
That is very interesting. Thank you for answering my question about Elijah and the Seder meal. I would like to learn how this tradition began.

Does it come from the Prophet Malachi? Malachi 4:5-6 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

Is the coming of Elijah to the Passover meal only symbolic? Or is a symbolic precursor of when Elijah comes before the coming of the Messiah? / (Second coming of Jesus for Christians).

Why does he come during Passover?

Thank you, I don't think we have to agree on everything, but I am interested in Jewish tradition and in what others believe.
God created a garden of body, soul, and spirit. That form fell and changed to 3 sons of Adam, of Noah, Abraham and his two brothers, to Moses and his two siblings.

Then God gave Moses a design of a temple symbolizing body, soul, and spirit with 3 sections. 3 harvests for those 3 to depict body, soul, and spirit.

(There is a very long list of 3's)

Jesus showed what the kingdom of heaven is in Elijah, Moses, and Jesus (A prophet, a priest, a king)
" My rod and my staff, they comfort me."

You are the kingdom of heaven.

Passover represents the flesh while the feast of Tabernacles is the spirit as night and day, and these two days are one as Elijah and Jesus representing body and spirit.

Elijah had to be born on Passover and Jesus had to be born on the feast of Tabernacles as he had to also be brought under the covenant by law on the great eighth day of the feast of Tabernacles called, " Shemini Atzeret."

Shemini Atzeret is a holy day feast within itself as Pentecost is the Pasover Atzeret.

Pentecost concludes Passover when the spring rain is promised, but Shemini Atzeret is the flood promised to come as the second rain, the repeat flood of Noah Jesus talks about.

The flood of spirit in the second coming is far and above double the power of the first rain, it is a rain of circumcision where there is no more flesh, it is cut away.

This was a short version of the list of 3's showing body, soul and spirit, but its all about you, what humanity was, is, and what will be.

1 John
6This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Those two witnesses are inside of you, they bear witness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity