Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2022, 07:42 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,434,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
I didn't say it, the Apostle Paul said it. Did you read the verses?

"16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)

You throw scriptures around like confetti. The issue is do you believe what Paul said, or not?
Zechariah 14

and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.(EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS AT TABERNACLES)

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

10All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses. 11And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. 13And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. 14And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. 15And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

All Nations will Worship the King

16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Fighting against the feasts of Jerusalem is fighting Jerusalem and exactly why each person is judged by their acceptance of the feast MADE FOR THE GENTILES

This is what Pail was referring to.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-21-2022 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 10:42 AM

332 posts, read 84,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Zechariah 14

and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.(EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS AT TABERNACLES)

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

10All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses. 11And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. 13And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. 14And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. 15And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

All Nations will Worship the King

16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Fighting against the feasts of Jerusalem is fighting Jerusalem and exactly why each person is judged by their acceptance of the feast MADE FOR THE GENTILES

This is what Pail was referring to.
Yes, the part you highlighted in blue. The rest maybe, or maybe not. I try not to read into any verse things that are not there. I believe you make some good points, but you seem to have a very narrow focus of biblical doctrine.

Old 08-22-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Yes, the part you highlighted in blue. The rest maybe, or maybe not. I try not to read into any verse things that are not there. I believe you make some good points, but you seem to have a very narrow focus of biblical doctrine.
What points that are not there? You are reading well known idioms that are known idioms to the people that practice the same religion Jesus practiced.

Like Gods special day where at eve, it is light. Everyone knows this is Sukkot. You read about the last trump that came from the same goat as the first trump and everyone knows the dates that both trumps are blown and why. You read about being sealed in your forehead and right hand and you are discussing God's law and promises which were known and practiced thousands of years before Christ but Christians think its some new thing but every Jew knows why they recieve Gods seal.

You read Matthew 24 and the book of Revelation that is detailing Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Hashanah Rabbah and most of all, Shemini Atzetet but Christians havent a clue what is said and done on these days, there is a hundred idioms only spoken in those exact days and the Christian never sees it or knows anything about idioms and duties that were known and carried out 2000 years before Jesus.

You are reading a book about Israelis converting to Judaism, there are no Gentiles in the new covenant, there are only gentiles who converted to the same religion as Jesus and they became Israel

The very first Gentile that converted to Judaism was Cornelius TEN YEARS AFTER JESUS DIED.

TEN YEARS.

The new covenant is to make Judah and Israel one people, Christians are neither of these, yet they make the RIDICULOUS CLAIM to be one with Jews in the new covenant.

God makes the house of Israel and the house of Judah one people, do any of you Christians feel as one people with Jews?

Do people mistake you for being Jewish?

Old 08-22-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
What points that are not there? You are reading well known idioms that are known idioms to the people that practice the same religion Jesus practiced.

Like Gods special day where at eve, it is light. Everyone knows this is Sukkot. You read about the last trump that came from the same goat as the first trump and everyone knows the dates that both trumps are blown and why. You read about being sealed in your forehead and right hand and you are discussing God's law and promises which were known and practiced thousands of years before Christ but Christians think its some new thing but every Jew knows why they recieve Gods seal.

You read Matthew 24 and the book of Revelation that is detailing Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Hashanah Rabbah and most of all, Shemini Atzetet but Christians havent a clue what is said and done on these days, there is a hundred idioms only spoken in those exact days and the Christian never sees it or knows anything about idioms and duties that were known and carried out 2000 years before Jesus.

You are reading a book about Israelis converting to Judaism, there are no Gentiles in the new covenant, there are only gentiles who converted to the same religion as Jesus and they became Israel

The very first Gentile that converted to Judaism was Cornelius TEN YEARS AFTER JESUS DIED.

TEN YEARS.

The new covenant is to make Judah and Israel one people, Christians are neither of these, yet they make the RIDICULOUS CLAIM to be one with Jews in the new covenant.

God makes the house of Israel and the house of Judah one people, do any of you Christians feel as one people with Jews?

Do people mistake you for being Jewish?
Paul may or may not have had the writings Zachariah in mind when he wrote to the Thessalonians. If he did not refer to Zachariah, we cannot know that he was teaching from Zachariah.

Judah was one of the twelve sons of Jacob whom God named Israel. Judah is one of the twelve tribes of Israel. The nation of Israel today is made up mostly of the tribe of Judah and Benjamin. The other "lost ten tribes of Israel" were scattered throughout the world and will be gathered in the latter-days before the second coming of Christ. When gentiles are converted to the same religion as Jesus they become Israel, just as you said.

Old 08-22-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Paul may or may not have had the writings Zachariah in mind when he wrote to the Thessalonians. If he did not refer to Zachariah, we cannot know that he was teaching from Zachariah.

Judah was one of the twelve sons of Jacob whom God named Israel. Judah is one of the twelve tribes of Israel. The nation of Israel today is made up mostly of the tribe of Judah and Benjamin. The other "lost ten tribes of Israel" were scattered throughout the world and will be gathered in the latter-days before the second coming of Christ. When gentiles are converted to the same religion as Jesus they become Israel, just as you said.
What you say is just not historically true.

Kings
Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

Matthew
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.(NON JEWISH ISRAELIS)

James
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Romans

But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

There were 7000 non Jewish Israelis in every generation and Paul was one of those 7000 AS HE IS EXPLAINING HIS OWN ADOPTION INTO JUDAH, HE WAS NOT BORN A JEW.

ROMANS
Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles

That is Paul explaining his own adoption through conversion.

Have you read the bible?

Lets begin.

Do you think Cain is the same as Abel?
Do you think Ishmeal is the same as Isaac?
Do you think Esau is the same as Jacob?
Do you think Israel is the same people as Judah?

The lost sheep of the house of Israel ARE NOT JEWS, JESUS DIDNT COME FOR JEWS.

You are reading a book about two nations that you think are the same people.

Hebrews 8
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

What in the world does this have to do with you?

It was ten years before a Gentile was ever added to the chosen nation, ten years, ten years after Peter had his dream, so who were all those non Jewish followers?

Israelis, non Jewish Israelis adopted and grafted into Judah, to be one with Jews.

What the two nations are is what a person is, and it has always been this way from the garden.

Cain represents one side while Able is the other.

Israel is one side while Judah is the other.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-22-2022 at 08:34 PM..

Old 08-23-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
What you say is just not historically true.
Seriously?

God changed Jacob's name to Israel. Genesis 35:10

"And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel."

For convenience, I have included a chart showing the twelve tribes of Israel who descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel). Notice Judah is the fourth son of Jacob (Israel).

https://www.conformingtojesus.com/ch...rael_chart.htm

The tribes of Judah and Benjamin (much later) became the southern kingdom of Judah. The other 10 tribes became the northern kingdom of Israel.

Old 08-23-2022, 04:18 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Zechariah 14
and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. 6......................
In the fulfillment we find the coming time of Revelation 19:14-15 when Jesus comes with angelic armies along with the resurrected saints/holy ones - Revelation 17:14 B.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:54 PM

Revelation 1
1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 22

6And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

7Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

8And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Nothing May Be Added

18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. {THE END.}

The time has always been at hand, whoever believes and begins to study the book must fulfill everything in the book

When God gives your two witnesses power, you will go mad because a door has been opened that you cannot shut or silence.

The end Game ~ Revelation 16

And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Each person who overcomes is pushing to this day in order to make the house empty for the coming of the Eastern kings, and they cannot come until until we are made aware of the actual unclean spirit we were all born with.

So God opens the door that you cant shut and all the glory of heaven falls on you where everything said and done is prophesy because the spirit inside is sheer vanity.

Jesus crushed the head of the serpent silencing spirits taking over authority as he crushed the head of the serpent, but some come to a time where that head wound is healed and you find yourself in a peculiar position, a very sad state of affairs until you go all the way to death.

The unwrapping of 7 seals are 7 linen strips that are being taken off a dead man, you.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Seriously?

God changed Jacob's name to Israel. Genesis 35:10

"And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel."

For convenience, I have included a chart showing the twelve tribes of Israel who descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel). Notice Judah is the fourth son of Jacob (Israel).

https://www.conformingtojesus.com/ch...rael_chart.htm

The tribes of Judah and Benjamin (much later) became the southern kingdom of Judah. The other 10 tribes became the northern kingdom of Israel.
Wrong about everything you say, and Benjamin was contained in both nations.

Psalms 80

Hear Us, Shepherd of Israel

1{To the chief Musician upon ShoshannimEduth, A Psalm of Asaph.} Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth.

2Before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh stir up thy strength, and come and save us

.(If you like, I can explain why Benjamin is so rare being a part of both nations, but the above proves you wrong.

3Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Again, you want to pretend the nation of Israel and the nation of Judah were and are the same people, but they are not.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:23 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Since Pentecost the Israel of God is Spiritual Israel a spiritual nation aka the Christian congregation no matter where located on Earth.
Jerusalem above is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26
So, what transpired 'before' Pentecost was dealing with fleshly national Israel and Judah.
Since Pentecost what needs to happen is found at 1st Thess. 5:2-3
When the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security....." that is the 'final signal', the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus takes the action at Armageddon mentioned at Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity