Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2022, 02:35 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Again, Jesus' second advent is a future event and will be seen by the whole world as Jesus himself said. You are as guilty of misinterpreting Jesus as any. You just don't know it.
As best I can determine, the consciousness I encountered was EXACTLY like Jesus and I believe it IS Jesus so we will not agree. I am totally convinced He IS God and He is not remotely wrathful or vengeful and never has been for ANY REASON. YMMV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 03:34 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Did Paul tell us to keep the feast of unleavened bread?
Yes.
How do we keep our bread ‘unleavened’

1Co 5:6**Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
1Co 5:7**Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
1Co 5:8**Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:14 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Did Paul tell us to keep the feast of unleavened bread?
Yes.
No. Paul had no problem with the Jews keeping their old customs but he was strongly against Gentile believers keeping the feasts and days of Judaism and say so in Galatians 4:10.
4:10 Under the influence of the Judaizers the Galatians had at least begun to observe the Mosaic calendar. They kept special days (weekly sabbaths), and months (new moons), and seasons (seasonal festivals such as Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles), and years (sabbatical and jubilee years). They observed these special times, thinking that they would thereby gain additional merit before God. But Paul has already made it clear that works could not be added to faith as grounds for either justification or sanctification.

Bible Knowledge Commentary, New Testament, An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty, p.602
Gentiles do not become one with Jews by converting to Judaism or by observing the Jewish traditions. Rather, Jews and Gentiles become one by receiving Jesus as Savior and being baptized (Spirit baptism) into the body of Christ as Paul said in 1 Corinthians 12:13.

Old 09-16-2022, 05:30 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
How do we keep our bread ‘unleavened’

1Co 5:6**Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
1Co 5:7**Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
1Co 5:8**Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
Thats true of course, you are the farmer, you have to sew in the barley learning in the wheat. You are the Passover lamb, you have to die daily that Jesus lives in you.

You are the bride created on Passover, yours is the betrothal given on Pentecost promising a marriage and consummation on Rosh Hashanah, and you have to give birth on the feast of Tabernacles as Jesus was born, and in Shemini Atzeret you are circumcised just like Jesus.

Having said that, that is said in the context of Gentiles who actually accept the days of the bride and who long for the consummation that many have obtained, many have entered the marriage chamber and now have a son who waits, that new born son is caught up to heaven to wait when he became mature.

All this has nothing to do with all the Christian Gentiles who have not converted, and who are the enemies of Israel.

That scripture has nothing to do with Gentiles outside the covenant who are not members of the commonwealth.

I shouldnt have to explain, you guys take a book about the feasts of Judaism you wont accept or study while claiming the gifts from the feasts.

Its just always so bizarre.

What do you think Paul meant when he said," Let us keep this feast?"

What needs to happen before Christ comes is a person completing the barley harvest, and to complete the wheat harvest that the tare is taken out of them so as to make their house vacant that Jesus may enter the house to consummate the marriage on Rosh Hashanah

This is what the feasts teach, but what would it matter to a Christian not in Messianic Christianity?

You cant make a person race if he doesnt know he is in a race

Old 09-16-2022, 09:34 PM

332 posts, read 84,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Fair questions. The Sheep are the people Jesus Christ specifically died for Jn 10

Since Christ by His death secured repentance to them He saves Acts 5:31

31 Him[Jesus] hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Si its feasible God wants all of them repentance was secured for, to come into the experience of it in their life. So when the last ones does, that might be when He returns.
Thank you for your response to my question. It is interesting to hear beliefs on the second coming.

Christ is the Shepherd of Israel. However, he died for everyone. All they need to do is enter the door of Christ.

John 10:9 "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

By entering that door, first by repentance and baptism, they enter the new covenant the Lord made with Israel.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

On the day of Pentecost, Peter told the multitude, recorded in Acts 2:38 "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" He also told them Acts 2:21 "that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

The door Jesus offers is open to everyone.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
The Kingdom came as Daniel said in the time of the ancient Roman Empire.
Jesus brought His kingdom but only the born again can see or enter it. This is why the Pharisees and many today ignore it. It is not of this world and comes without observation.
Daniel 2:44 "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."

In Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream, "the days of these kings" is not during the time of the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire is the fourth kingdom of iron. The toes, part of iron and part of clay, are the kingdoms of Europe which developed out of the Roman Empire many years later.

Old 09-17-2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Ezekiel 37 ~ When Ephraim and Judah are made 1

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them

This isnt telling us that a temple will be built where all the laws will be followed, it is showing the impossible, a new mind that is not given to sin.

Its about you.

One shepherd, one mind, not two opposing kingdoms, one kingdom.

An evolved mankind.
Jesus is the Shepherd of Israel. In the last days, Judah and Israel will be gathered to their own land. Zion of Israel will have physical temples, which may also be called the house of the Lord. When the Gospel has been taught to all nations, Jesus will return and there will be one fold and one Shepherd.

Isaiah 2:2 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."

Old 09-18-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolympus View Post
Jesus is the Shepherd of Israel. In the last days, Judah and Israel will be gathered to their own land. Zion of Israel will have physical temples, which may also be called the house of the Lord. When the Gospel has been taught to all nations, Jesus will return and there will be one fold and one Shepherd.

Isaiah 2:2 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."
This doesnt make any sense.

I mean, if you honestly believe what the prophets say of the temple, and of Israel and Judah, then what is keeping you from converting to the religion of Jesus?

Ezekiel says that Israel and Judah will be one and both shall love and walk in the law to keep all the law.

Zechariah tells you plain out that if you dont at least accept the feast of Tabernacles, you may die, but in the least, you shall have no rain, and that rain is spiritual.

The second rain is just like the first in that the rain falls, gives power and makes the world take notice because of the power of the rain.

Zechariah highly insinuates that most people die who dont accept this great messianic feast, but the Christians who speak against the feasts turn to ashes before they hit the ground.

If you really believe all the future prophecis of the temple to be literal and that a day is coming where Judah and Israel shall walk hand in hand in the law, why isnt it good to do now?

I have heard Christians explain this same mentality that in some future destiny, the whole world will accept the feast of Tabernacle but that it isnt for now, its just a future event.

Thats what doesnt make sense.

If you believe God is really going to find Israel to then make them one with Judah in their physical temple with its holy days, then shouldnt you accept the feasts of Christ?

Do you see what I am saying?

The scripture below is displaying the flood of spirit rained down on all of Judah where they have become immortal, they are turned into holy golden vessels. No matter what prophet we look at, we are shown the same sequence of events, God rains down power on Judah first, then the tents of Joseph are found in every Gentile who then converts because of what happens in Judea.

The scripture is OUT RIGHT telling you that you also could obtain immortality and power just from accepting the feast, and the feast of Tabernacles is SPECIFICALLY made for Gentiles, 70 bulls for 70 nations.

It is the one single thing that changes the whole world where everlasting peace takes place because the whole world accepts Tabernacles.

Zechariah 14
All Nations will Worship the King

16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

The end result is simply to unite the world, its never been about keeping a feast or a law, its about Israel and its enemies.

The enemies are Christians, they fight against Jerusalem every day just like the Christians in here.

When we are given such overwhelming proof that the enemies of Jerusalem will be crushed, why fight against Jerusalem?

Why not convert to the religion of Messiah, accept his sacrifices and move on?

Christians don't have to really change anything at all besides the way they speak and fight against the ways of Christ.

How have the believers in Christ become such enemies against the very sacrifices they claim salvation from?

How bizzare is it when Christians claim to have the power of the holy spirit when they reject Shavuot altogether? They arent even in the same religion as the holy spirit lol, what?

If the Christian really knew what could be accomplished when they walk in the feasts, they would all convert to the religion of Jesus, it is a race, and you cant start a race without knowing its a race.

Old 09-18-2022, 07:34 PM

444 posts, read 112,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
If you believe in the Second Coming of Christ, what do you think still needs to happen before He returns?

Me? Either.....

1) NOTHING at all! The Second Coming could be any day now.

OR

2) the Great Chastisement immediately before the Second Coming

My reasoning:

-We are at Revelation 20:9

-The Great Apostasy has already occurred

-The Antichrist has already come in the form of the last 4 or 5 popes

-The majority of the secrets of La Salette and Fatima have already taken place

-Matthew 24:37 For as the days of Noah were, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, 39 and they knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away, so too will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Remember two things. A) Just like God's only concern in the Old Testament was Israel, so it is today as God's only concern now is his church....the Catholic Church. All Prophecy for the end times deals only with the Catholic Church. B) Just as Israel was looking for a larger than life earthly king figure in the Messiah and most people in that time didn't recognize Jesus as Messiah, so it is today. Most people misread Revelation and end time prophecy thinking of major "epic" events and fail to see what is taking place now has already fulfilled prophecy. God is more concerned with the spiritual battle, not the earthly ones.
I agree with you that God is "more concerned with the spiritual battle, not the earthly ones". We are currently in the 1,000 year reign and the time is getting nearer. My belief is it will be like in the days of Noah when almost all have forsaken God.

I agree that God is concerned for His church which is spiritual Israel but I disagree that God's church is the Catholic church.

Old 09-19-2022, 07:49 AM

Its going to be like in the days of Noah from the fact that all the prophets show a spiritual rain more than double what Pentecost was, the flood will cover ever mountain.

Its the same thing that happened with Noah's flood, there is a cycle of two rains.

That coming flood is Shemini Atzeret, and when it falls, the enemies of Jerusalem will melt before they hit the ground because it is a flood of spiritual fire called the great circumcision where the flesh is completely circumcised. Jesus was circimcised under the covenant on that day, the eighth day of Tabernacles.

A mountain isnt a mountain in scripture, and the flood will cover the whole globe washing over all the great teachers people look to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity