Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 09:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,992,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
LOL

Well, you were wrong about the prodigal son story, so why can't you be wrong about this?

You said he died:
The parable said he died in Luke 15, so I am correct.

Quote:
But I can't find that in my scripture.....can you help me please?

Also, can you name me any other parable where actual names are used like they are in the rich man and Lazarus story.....I'm not convinced it's a parable.
Luk 15:11-32 And he said, A certain man had two sons: (12) And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. (13) And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. (14) And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. (15) And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. (16) And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. (17) And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! (18) I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, (19) And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. (20) And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. (21) And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. (22) But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: (23) And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: (24) For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry. (25) Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing. (26) And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. (27) And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound. (28) And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him. (29) And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: (30) But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. (31) And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. (32) It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 10:21 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,504,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
again Eusebius, I didn't ask what was impossible for you to believe. I asked you, what if you are wrong about hell being eternal as you teach others this? humor me
This question by people who call themselves christians humors me. What if the muslims are right and you are wrong? You could ask this questions about anything. So we all should stay in the dark because Fundy thinks there might actually be a pit of literal flames of fire that everyone including children might be subject to forevemore! What if there is another God that you are not worshipping,fundy who will put you in torment foever if you don`t seek him? What if your fiery trial will be greater because you teach a false gospel? What if you have led people including your children astray, and they missed out on the truth of God during this age and now have to suffer for it in the next age, all because they listened to you? So you have to live with that on your conscious. I`m just saying, what if?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,580,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
This question by people who call themselves christians humors me. What if the muslims are right and you are wrong? You could ask this questions about anything. So we all should stay in the dark because Fundy thinks there might actually be a pit of literal flames of fire that everyone including children might be subject to forevemore! What if there is another God that you are not worshipping,fundy who will put you in torment foever if you don`t seek him? What if your fiery trial will be greater because you teach a false gospel? What if you have led people including your children astray, and they missed out on the truth of God during this age and now have to suffer for it in the next age, all because they listened to you? So you have to live with that on your conscious. I`m just saying, what if?
I fail to see what all that has to do with my question and simply it is irrelevant and I have already answered all of those questions from atheists.. I asked a simple question. What if you are wrong about hell being eternal and teaching it to others even after you hearing the gospel that I believe in?

I find it funny you can't answer this question.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I fail to see what all that has to do with my question and simply it is irrelevant and I have already answered all of those questions from atheists.. I asked a simple question. What if you are wrong about hell being eternal and teaching it to others even after you hearing the gospel that I believe in?

I find it funny you can't answer this question.
I find it funny that you can`t answer my question. I asked a simple question. What if you are responsible for your family and friends believing the wrong thing and so they have to suffer horribly for it? What if they have to suffer because of you and your teaching? Don`t ask people a bunch of hypotheticals if you yourself refuse to answer the same quesations.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,580,237 times
Quote:
I find it funny that you can`t answer my question. I asked a simple question. What if you are responsible for your family and friends believing the wrong thing and so they have to suffer horribly for it? What if they have to suffer because of you and your teaching? Don`t ask people a bunch of hypotheticals if you yourself refuse to answer the same quesations.

Well your question is vague which is why I thought it wasn't a question. Can you be more specific so as I can give a proper answer. Wrong about what?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-11-2009 at 11:20 AM..

Old 05-11-2009, 11:11 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,258 times
Quote:
This question by people who call themselves christians humors me.
What if you have led people including your children astray, and they missed out on the truth of God during this age and now have to suffer for it in the next age, all because they listened to you? So you have to live with that on your conscious. I`m just saying, what if?
Quote:

http://ts3.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=586823637266&id=1f359b7f1915be913 d120c1f5cb4e2df (broken link)....

Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,352,055 times
Curly says...."There will not be a reconcilation of all things."

The Lord through the mouth of His prophet Hosea declares "not my people" shall become My people.

Alpha says "all will not be saved."

St. Paul declares all beings in the heavens and earth and underworld shall worship Him in/en the Name of all names and to the Father's great glory.

The apostle St. Paul says in all things He shall have preeminence & that He has made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile the all things/ the ta pavnte unto Himself.

To Reconcile=

To cause to be friendly again.

To conciliate anew.

To restore to friendship.

To bring back to harmony.

To cause to be no longer at variance.

To bring to acquiescence and quiet submission.

To bring to agreement.

To bring into consonance and accord.

To make compatible.

To call back to fellowship.

To restore to fellowship.

To settle, harmonize and make compatible.

To bring together/ conciliate/ placate/ re-unite/ adjust.

To re-establish a close relationship.

Reconcile= Apokatallasso

Apokatallasso=

To reconcile completely.

To reconcile back again.

To bring back a former state of harmony.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:52 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
Curly says...."There will not be a reconcilation of all things."

The Lord through the mouth of His prophet Hosea declares "not my people" shall become My people.

St. Paul declares all beings in the heavens and earth and underworld shall worship Him in/en the Name of all names and to the Father's great glory.

The apostle St. Paul says in all things He shall have preeminence & that He has made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to reconcile the all things/ the ta pavnte unto Himself.

Gee Whiz.... they let Birdy out again today!!

Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Well your question is vague which is why I thought it wasn't a question. Can you be more specific so as I can give a proper answer. Wrong about what?
Vague? No, it`s pretty straight forward. What if, what you believe and have been preaching is totally wrong and people including your family and friends will suffer in torment because they believed what you taught them. What if you interpreted the bible all wrong and people will suffer for all of enernity because of what you preached and taught? I mean, you want to play the what if game, right?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:32 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,992,417 times
Imagine if you were getting on an airplane to go to Los Angeles but ended up in Chicago.

You asked the people in Chicago, how did I get here? My ticket was to go to Los Angeles?

What if they told you, what does it matter? You are here aren't you? But, you replied, I really wanted to go to Los Angeles! And they replied, we call Chicago Los Angeles too and Columbus Ohio we call Los Angeles. So what does it matter? You still go to Los Angeles.

No, but I wanted to go to Los Angeles, not Chicago or Columbus. So they give you a new ticket to Los Angeles and you end up in Columbus Ohio.

The bible, at least the King James Version is alot like the above. They called different places by one word "Hell."

They called "Sheol", "Hell."
They called "the grave" Hell.
They called "Gehenna" Hell.
They called "Hades" Hell.
They called "Tartarus" Hell.

Five very different places they named the KJV named the same.

No wonder some Christians can't understand what Hell is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity